Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Attorney at Funk posted:

yes - when you assume, you're right like 95% of the time

Not this time you absolute doofus.

Northern Ireland, a place famous for essentially having a low intensity civil war for thirty years or so, is a place where everyone is basically of one political view. Yes this sounds correct, I will make assumptions presently says man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

euphronius posted:

impressive that they gave him a nazi haircut too as well.

astonishingly, that's just what he looks like

mogg goes the extra mile for his fans

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Grape posted:

Not this time you absolute doofus.

Northern Ireland, a place famous for essentially having a low intensity civil war for thirty years or so, is a place where everyone is basically of one political view. Yes this sounds correct, I will make assumptions presently says man.

armoured cars and tanks and guns
came to have some honest fun
but every man must stand behind
the men before him in the faire queue

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

you, a feeble scholar, reading books: ireland is complex and a politics happens

me, a cosmic brain genious, watching derry girls: lmao looks like another rollicking round of hilarious troubles

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i would love to meet the brain genius who watches derry girls and concludes everyone in ni is a dupper

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

Karma police, arrest this man.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oh that’s his real hair cut ?

troubling

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

gently caress it really is an April fool, of course Mogg didn't really apologise.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/ChrisJones_1/status/1112713748723183616?s=19

Common Market 2.0 might actually have legs, and is being whipped for by Labour.

This might actually deliver Brexit, Labour gov and not ruin the economy (lol, none of those things will happen but its nice to imagine)

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Thom12255 posted:

If wages went that low they'd be violence in the streets, who'd set up new manufacturing here rather than China where the government can keep order.

You say that as if GB has already erupted into riots over brexit. Or that it rioted after Grenfell. Or over the defunding of the NHS, social services, the Iraq war, or really anything over the last 20 years except in 2011 and that was stopped dead within a week.

Also, obviously, GB isn't half a world away from the EU, so you save on shipping, and salaries are rising there.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tarbrush posted:

This might actually deliver Brexit, Labour gov and not ruin the economy (lol, none of those things will happen but its nice to imagine)

im the mps voting w their toned abs

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

is common market 2.0 the one where its like being in the eu only without getting the funded projects or representation in parliament

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The common market plan is to be like Norway, but implement all the racist poo poo the racists wanted out of Brexit?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

jesus WEP posted:

is common market 2.0 the one where its like being in the eu only without getting the funded projects or representation in parliament

Yes, which is almost better than now in that the Brits remain in Europe and merely give up their ability to influence it

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Honestly you guys don't deserve Brexit anymore >:(

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

tarbrush posted:

No One voted for a deal.

Ballot paper in the People's Vote of 2016 was Clear and Simple.

LEAVE!

so the Only Democratic Mandate is No Deal and to Get Out of the corrupt Club. The Fact that we are discussing Otherwise has me apauled.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
To Add that it Appears that Many comments around us Leaving the cabal of European bureaucrats has To-Do with trade which WAS what the EU was in the 70s: a trade deal. What the EU is currently is Much More Invasive and NOT what was Voted for in the 70s. As a pensioner who was Never On The Dole. I recall this Vote and what the EU was as an entity.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is it basically a West/East Germany thing?

It's nowhere near as pronounced as that. For many years after partition, NI was the richer of the two, being more industrialised and having better transport, infrastructure and social programmes. The Troubles and the decline of traditional manufacturing took its toll, and recently it has suffered from Ireland being able to set stupidly low corporate tax rates to entice Silicon Valley companies to set up shop. This also results in a massive brain drain from north to south, but outside the tech sector there's not a huge difference in income and cost of living between the two countries.

The biggest problem for re-unification, and the reason why NI is such a drain on the UK's finances, is that it has a crazy high level of public sector employment (somewhere around 1/3 of the working population). Every department of UK government its own Northern Irish equivalent with different internal structures and rules to follow, as well as dozens that exist only in NI - public sector water utility, social housing executive, public sector transport system and more. These all exist because of decades of Unionists insisting that Northern Ireland is a special case that must be treated separately from the UK in every imaginable way.

Dismantling all this would cause massive upheaval and unemployment.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

a lot of ni’s private sector employment comes from british companies outsourcing stuff so it’s still in the uk but a much cheaper corner. so that would all go as well most likely

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

probably best just to torch the lot of it and start again

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

jesus WEP posted:

probably best just to torch the lot of it and start again

The Brexit Story

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/SophyRidgeSky/s...ingawful.com%2F

The most British planned coup with the most British like failure.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mace shenanigans are always the best move imo

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/UKDefJournal/status/1112494105806991360?s=19

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

When are the votes today?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

When are the votes today?

I think 8pm

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle posted:

you, a feeble scholar, reading books: ireland is complex and a politics happens

me, a cosmic brain genious, watching derry girls: lmao looks like another rollicking round of hilarious troubles

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Is this some of that dry British humor I've heard so much about? Oh, sorry, "humour".

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

handing over the Queen Elizabeth to the EU to own the EU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/SophyRidgeSky/s...ingawful.com%2F

The most British planned coup with the most British like failure.

Without the mace there's a possibility they could have resorted to wheeling the queen in in person, which would be hilarious. Real missed opportunity here

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i wish that thing about them turning control of ships over to the eu was real and wasnt a dumb april fools joke

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

i wish that thing about them turning control of ships over to the eu was real and wasnt a dumb april fools joke

I really think an EU army is a good idea.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Bryter posted:

Without the mace there's a possibility they could have resorted to wheeling the queen in in person, which would be hilarious. Real missed opportunity here

There's no less than thirteen eligible maces, ten of which are in the tower of London.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Shear Modulus posted:

Even if it was real it'd still be a joke, unless they finally found planes for that carrier

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1112737397203193868

:yeshaha:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

tarbrush posted:

There's no less than thirteen eligible maces, ten of which are in the tower of London.

Is this real? Or am I a dummy for believing?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

marktheando posted:

I really think an EU army is a good idea.

its called nato

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/SteveBakerHW/status/1112736500012195840

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

prefect posted:

Is this real? Or am I a dummy for believing?

3 maces labeled 1 2 and 4