Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This is so exquisitely-:wargaming: I have trouble putting into words :lol:

There was a single thing wrong with the Type 5. A single thing. It was an obvious thing. The community was unanimous about it. Content creators were unanimous about it. It had a gold HE round that needed to go away.
There was nothing else to rebalance about it. No cross-connections to other tanks or mechanics, no synergy effects to be considered. Absolutely nothing.
Literally take away the gold round and you're good.

Nnnnnnope.

Let's also nerf the standard round and not change the ROF to the point the gun becomes worse than the tier 8 version. But it's okay, we're going to BUFF the standard gun, but we gotta be really careful because the tier 9 tank has the same gun, so this is really delicate. Let's give it 3mm more standard pen and 8mm more premium pen.

Like, I cannot stop laughing. :lol:

The only good thing to come of this is the whining on the forums.

I only recently bought the Type 4 lol :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

A Handed Missus posted:

I only recently bought the Type 4 lol :negative:

Its getting a mobility buff though.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Yes, mobility is the buff this Japanese superheavy that gets penned by everything it sees needed.

The only way that could end up being fun is if they buffed the speed so hard you could play i like a Rammpanzer. But serious lol @ making a superheavy more mobile

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Katamari Democracy posted:

I am not sure and it could be pure coincidence. But I have noticed a lot more chatter in-game about playing with potatoes.

Oh god, he's transforming before our eyes. Two months tops before you're raging at people in team speak about being losers before the match starts

CitizenKain posted:

It was very on brand for Wargaming to bring back up 0.7.0 for a weekend and gently caress it up to the point it was unplayable. We brought back this neat mode from the past! But put it on the test servers so the lag is unbearable, also its broken.

That was to make you appreciate the game you have now and stop bitching

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Apr 1, 2019

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

the reason they got the derp cannons in the first place is because their default gun is garbo

Hey the default gun is getting a buff to their penetration of 3!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKBAyoLpcKI

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A bit heavy handed, but they aren't wrong is the thing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:discourse:

Glad to see their resources are being used for amazing things.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I just love it how they say the tail is the most OP of this tank. Hell it's the best tank in the Galaxy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Lansen C is a pretty alright tank, could be pretty fun for frontline.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

The end credits were lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r78FwnrW43Q&t=86s

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

:discourse:

Glad to see their resources are being used for amazing things.

Hey to be fair they make some pretty neat to watch videos showing off RNG in the game. Well. Sort of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=242SFuc4pXQ

This one however had some good editing I feel and the shots were great. I just got that funny feeling that some of these shots were staged. :shrug:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I think ragefaces/comics are about the only thing on this planet more 2011 than World of Tanks itself

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
near 600 battles or something finally got ace tanker started off slow ended slow but it was a nice battle of full tier 10s http://wotreplays.eu/site/4831179#westfield-turmoilx-amx_13_105

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 2, 2019

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
If you have Amazon Prime, don't forget to cash in on the new Twitch Prime monthly bonuses that just launched. Emblems, some gold, free rentals, various other trinkets.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/twitch-package-charlie/?link_place=portal_banner_hp-so_twitch_prime1

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

A few weeks ago I broke down some old hardware (mostly laptops) and pulled the drives for wiping before disposal. My old gaming laptop (Dell Inspiron 9300) apparently had WoT (and Eve, LoL, HoN, plus whatever was in Steam) from 2012. I don't even remember installing WoT on that thing, but I apparently played a few battles (at least to test it out) because I found a few screenshots from some battles I was apparently proud of:

They're dated 1/10/2012, which is about a month after I started playing. :stare:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i died just as the game ended i collected 29 cap points still :lol: enemy didnt go south i just rushed cap https://imgur.com/8j5rexI "what playing to win looks like". also i been telling people something i saw another pub say : "does anyone actually use the mouse to aim? i think the arrow keys work just fine.." get some good reactions so far

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 3, 2019

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
that's pretty funny.
I saw someone complain that our team had the map awareness of Christopher Columbus once.
And someone was trying to use a joystick and wanted to know why it wasn't working.

The improved match making is really really good.
In 14 games
1 bottom tier 4/4/7
1 bottom tier 7/8
3 top tier 4/4/7
and the rest were flat +0-0

Tier 8 and 6 were fun today.

2Jets fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 3, 2019

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

2Jets posted:

Tier 8 and 6 were fun today.

:raise:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I had a few weeks off of away from this clusterfuck game, and it only took three battles before I was tilted enough to TK someone for driving into me.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Here comes a new premium challenge

https://youtu.be/4dRCyI_BCbU

Definitely not getting it. I'm already almost able to get my hands on the T95 and it looks like this tanks is basically a big brother to the T32 T28 TD.

But hey an American challenge.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 3, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
drat that is one ugly fuckin' tank

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

Here comes a new premium challenge

https://youtu.be/4dRCyI_BCbU

Definitely not getting it. I'm already almost able to get my hands on the T95 and it looks like this tanks is basically a big brother to the T32(?) TD.

But hey an American challenge.

At least 156 battles and 66,500 base exp to meet the basic requirements. :shepicide:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Hellsau posted:

drat that is one ugly fuckin' tank

RIGHT?!

e-

McGavin posted:

At least 156 battles and 66,500 base exp to meet the basic requirements. :shepicide:

That is still leaps and bounds better than the EBR 75. By the time I was on the last day I only made to T4 at the last few hours. I thought that was drat near impossible. But this one seems way easier and somewhat feasible. I am most definitely not going to drop money on it because to me it's pretty much a little bigger brother of the T28, an already strange and difficult beast to control. I mean don't get me wrong I am sure in the hands of a better player it will definately perform I just do not like its weak spots at all. The T-S5 according to what I have read and seen on tanks.gg it seems more well rounded and harder to hit with its relative armor so long as you are hiding its lower plate (Just like the T-28). The Cupola is harder to spot and has roughly 800 more DPM. But other than that is about it.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 3, 2019

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

On one hand, it only took 9 years to get a T8 american premium TD, on the other lol.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
On another note I have experienced Stalin's luck apparently:

lol

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyIncredulousLouseWholeWheat after all my time playing the one thing most people try to do but never happens woohoo. i have always wanted to get a kill from across the map with a snapshot on an unlit tank

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 4, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyIncredulousLouseWholeWheat after all my time playing the one thing most people try to do but never happens woohoo

dumbass wolverine should have played a tier 7 tank instead

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Turmoilx posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyIncredulousLouseWholeWheat after all my time playing the one thing most people try to do but never happens woohoo. i have always wanted to get a kill from across the map with a snapshot on an unlit tank

haha holy poo poo thats an all timer

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Turmoilx posted:

I remember my first snap shot at distance. T26E4 on Siegfreid heading into the town from the south spawn. One of the other team's lights got spotted way out in the field, I just casually looked out that way and shot him and set him on fire while on the move. It's been all downhill from there.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Turmoilx posted:

Send that in to RNG. The badge you get if they use your clip is pertty sweet.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i said a bad word in battle -"no loving way"- as i was shook the thing i always tried to do finally happened, so i dont think they would accept/use it.

i finished the type 58 grind just now too, in style with the third mark on the last battle needed to have researched both tanks ..it was awful i used all apcr every single game expensive-ish, AP the tank would be near unplayable in my opinion with its mix of awful gun depression..and useless armor, im glad thats over now i can grind IS-2 games its more reliable feeling by far

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 4, 2019

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

One of the most commonly requested features is the ability to avoid a particular map in matchmaking. We're pleased to announce that we're rolling out such a feature in Update 1.5! Now you'll be able to block one map of your choice and avoid it in the matchmaking queue.

How Will It Work?
With the release of this feature, we will have to make some additional tweaks to the matchmaker. This will ensure that you won’t get matchmade on your ‘blocked’ map under any circumstances. The Excluded Maps feature will only be available for Standard Battles, and not for Assault or Encounter Battles.

The feature will only work when playing Tier IV vehicles or higher and will be disabled for all three Grand Battles maps (Klondike, Nebelburg, and Hinterland).

Finally, if you wish to block a different map, you will have to wait at least 4 hours to pass since you banned the previous one.

How Will This Feature Work for Platoons?
The feature will be available only to Platoon creators. The other Platoon members' Excluded Maps will be overridden by the Platoon creator's map list as long as they are part of that Platoon.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
How could you possibly choose one map out of the endless possibilities? My first instinct is Mines but who knows.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Paris can get hosed

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A Handed Missus posted:

One of the most commonly requested features is the ability to avoid a particular map in matchmaking. We're pleased to announce that we're rolling out such a feature in Update 1.5! Now you'll be able to block one map of your choice and avoid it in the matchmaking queue.

How Will It Work?
With the release of this feature, we will have to make some additional tweaks to the matchmaker. This will ensure that you won’t get matchmade on your ‘blocked’ map under any circumstances. The Excluded Maps feature will only be available for Standard Battles, and not for Assault or Encounter Battles.

The feature will only work when playing Tier IV vehicles or higher and will be disabled for all three Grand Battles maps (Klondike, Nebelburg, and Hinterland).

Finally, if you wish to block a different map, you will have to wait at least 4 hours to pass since you banned the previous one.

How Will This Feature Work for Platoons?
The feature will be available only to Platoon creators. The other Platoon members' Excluded Maps will be overridden by the Platoon creator's map list as long as they are part of that Platoon.

I seriously thought you were just taking the piss but holy poo poo it's a real thing!!

I'm never seeing Mines again.

Turmoilx posted:

i finished the type 58 grind just now too, in style with the third mark on the last battle needed to have researched both tanks ..it was awful i used all apcr every single game expensive-ish, AP the tank would be near unplayable in my opinion with its mix of awful gun depression..and useless armor, im glad thats over now i can grind IS-2 games its more reliable feeling by far
I remember grinding the Type 58 so long ago, back when it wasn't an insufferably miserable experience and the DPM could actually be used. I even kept the loving thing to switch between that and the T-34-85 when grinding credits, but trying to play the Type 58 now is just... urgh :smith:

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 4, 2019

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Turmoilx posted:

i said a bad word in battle -"no loving way"- as i was shook the thing i always tried to do finally happened, so i dont think they would accept/use it.

Eh, that doesn't really matter--some of the clips they don't ever show the HUD at all, it's all cinematic camera angles. I suspect that some of those are to hide specifically that sort of thing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just noticed that they changed how On Track works (on NA at least). Now you have to enter a bonus code on the website to activate the missions and they changed it from a discount to a rebate. You can make nearly 5 million credits by playing 10 games in each of the T110E4 On Track tanks.

Aside from the "enter code to activate" horseshit this is a pretty good change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

You can make nearly 5 million credits by playing 10 games in each of the T110E4 On Track tanks.

Aside from the "enter code to activate" horseshit this is a pretty good change.

What? Really, 5 mil for 10 game? There has to be a catch.