Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I found out what item Anayama should sell to the samurai, but it’s not giving me the prompt to tell him. Do I need to progress the game and come back later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

herculon posted:

I found out what item Anayama should sell to the samurai, but it’s not giving me the prompt to tell him. Do I need to progress the game and come back later?

Does he have dragonrot ? Also did you listen to the eavesdrop all the way through so it has a little check mark next to the symbol when you try and do it again? I think if you were interrupted by being spotted or whatever while eavesdropping it won't count

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

goferchan posted:

Does he have dragonrot ? Also did you listen to the eavesdrop all the way through so it has a little check mark next to the symbol when you try and do it again? I think if you were interrupted by being spotted or whatever while eavesdropping it won't count

Yes to both

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Came back after getting mad yesterday and beat Genichiro second try... got all the way up to the Guardian Ape who definitely feels like a more Dark Soulsian type of boss

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Proud of myself for beating spear guy then immediately run in to purple ninja.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I've reached fountainhead palace am in the endgame? Also, is anything actually missable in this game? The NPC stories seem less punitive than in the past, I may try to go back and finish as many as I can

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Came back after getting mad yesterday and beat Genichiro second try... got all the way up to the Guardian Ape who definitely feels like a more Dark Soulsian type of boss

Uhhh what the gently caress :staredog:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

herculon posted:

Yes to both

You gotta cure him to advance his quest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

If I've reached fountainhead palace am in the endgame? Also, is anything actually missable in this game? The NPC stories seem less punitive than in the past, I may try to go back and finish as many as I can

basically yes. any unique item that gets removed because of story reasons appears in that box next to the training dummy so dw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This first boss here is kicking my rear end

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

God that fight was tight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The enemies here are the worst type of all time and I'm glad they put 100000 of them here

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Gettin murdered on the return to ashina castle

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

This first boss here is kicking my rear end

the monk? yeah he was a blast

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

goferchan posted:

You gotta cure him to advance his quest

That did it. Thanks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Any tips for Guardian Ape second form

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Take a 20 minute break and talk to your SO about how the fight is frustrating you and your SO will tell you how they are also experiencing frustrations at their place of employment (make sure not to look up any guides during this break period) and upon returning you should be notably more focused and you'll probably defeat the boss on the first try.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I found the 2nd form way easier so idk. I died a lot on phase one but after like 3 attempts of the 2nd phase it was over...probably bc you can parry him a lot easier

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah I think I just need to get up in his face more... I think my problem is just reacting quicker to what his moves are gonna be

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Don't get too close so as to not get hit by the AOE.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

stab a spear into its neck after it falls down from getting parried too hard, then rip its guts out with the spear followup

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Make sure to deflect when he raises the sword really high and holds it there for a second. You do it right and you'll get enough time for about 5 hits or so.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

scary ghost dog posted:

stab a spear into its neck after it falls down from getting parried too hard, then rip its guts out with the spear followup

Great tip

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just took the fucker down with no resurrections or healing left, with my life at a sliver. Goddamn this game is awesome

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lmao wtf was with the random dark souls knight with the rapidly draining posture bar

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao wtf was with the random dark souls knight with the rapidly draining posture bar

he was cool. rip to a real one

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
think im fighting aliens wearing people clothing and laughing while they pretend to be people lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i was wrong its a lot funnier than aliens

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
When the ape went ape I started laughing. AND it presents its rear end at you. Once again my predictions about this game being easy and terrible + showing some animal naughty bits were onnthe money. And as usual, animal genital and rectum fans NO which version is the st: the X, natch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sat down to play for like a half hour before bed and ended up beating the entire temple area. The armored guy on the bridge was cool lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The guy in the burning hirata palace is a pain in the rear end

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
agreed, op

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm slowly but surely making progress... That one-armed swordsman in the place where you start the game was a pain in the rear end, that room is way too small for a good fight and the camera ended up getting me killed several times before I finally got him.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he yells "robert" when he dies, which is the name of the kid from the firecrackers item

the poignant mixture of comedy and tragedy makes this an early contender for the feels gaming moment of the year

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yelling Robert in anguish like Leon yelling Miiiike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
okay which one is more bullshit headless or the shichimen? I feel like shichimen because he's got that beam attack that can track, but he's hard countered by one specific tool. headless is just boring and bad to fight, but worth it for the drops which means fighting him... what 5 times?