Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Unless you’re talking to Cowboys fans.

For every "historically successful but not recently" team the former mostly takes the form of just making GBS threads on any member of the team that doesn't have a ring but dares to think he's good. Sometimes the staff gets into that mindset too and it's how you end up with poo poo like the Ben and his 52 children comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Ehud posted:

your team won two Super Bowls in recent history, friend

I know, I know, but let's be honest, NY/NJ sports fans (myself included) are kinda insufferable in terms of expectations.

Also,

colachute posted:

sports is "what have you done for me lately" not "what have you done for me throughout history"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

colachute posted:

sports is "what have you done for me lately" not "what have you done for me throughout history"

2 super bowls in roughly a decade is lately

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

2 super bowls in roughly a decade is lately

A DECADE OF SPECTACULAR FAILURE maybe! :v:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

pnumoman posted:

I know, I know, but let's be honest, NY/NJ sports fans (myself included) are kinda insufferable in terms of expectations.

Also,

Half of the state isn’t stupid enough to be Giants fans FYI

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ELO Musk posted:

Instead they're bills fans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/RyanDLeaf/status/1112697467781427201

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

ELO Musk posted:

Gee, I can't believe I forgot about the Bills and Jets. Again.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Can we please not imply that New Jersey is full of degenerate New York fans? Some of us i living in this lovely state still have good taste in football and root for Philly.

Also 2/3s of New York's teams play in Jersey and they still can't interest half the state into rooting for them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Good on him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

When this photo was taken daddy was on blow.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Can we please not imply that New Jersey is full of degenerate New York fans? Some of us i living in this lovely state still have good taste in football and root for Philly.

Also 2/3s of New York's teams play in Jersey and they still can't interest half the state into rooting for them.

I always knew South Jersey was different, I just didn't know how different until now.

Ew.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

In all seriousness though, I'm once again stunned by the diversity of choices for football fans in this area while also being pissed that New Jersey doesn't have a team of its own. Yet again Jersey gets the short end of the stick.

So just give us the Giants and NY can keep the Bills and Jets. And those insane south jersey folks can just become part of philly or whatever.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Imagine thinking there’s a good part of New Jersey.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
New Jersey is majority farm land and rolling hills of forests. People give it a bad rap because they go down the turnpike and see all the shitholes.

Anyway all Giants fans mad about Eli getting re-upped are dumb as gently caress. Not a lot of good QBs in this draft plus having a quality starter at QB is A Good Thing.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

pnumoman posted:

I always knew South Jersey was different, I just didn't know how different until now.

Ew.

Imagine my horror when I had to move North and discovered I was in a land of Quick-checks instead of Wawas, Giants fans instead of Eagles, and Jets fans instead of asylum inmates.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Doltos posted:

Anyway all Giants fans mad about Eli getting re-upped are dumb as gently caress. Not a lot of good QBs in this draft plus having a quality starter at QB is A Good Thing.

Ah yes, Eli Manning, noted quality starting quarterback.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Doltos posted:

New Jersey is majority farm land and rolling hills of forests. People give it a bad rap because they go down the turnpike and see all the shitholes.

drat, beat me to it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

I mean "sucking at forward passing" is a quality Elijah possesses...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I still :lol: that eli could have eventually set the starting streak record but got benched for a game for no reason.

Also New Jersey already has two NFL teams. New York only has one.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

I still :lol: that eli could have eventually set the starting streak record but got benched for a game for no reason.

Also New Jersey already has two NFL teams. New York only has one.

I mean, he deserved to get benched, just not for like Geno Smith or whatever limpdick they trotted out instead of their like rookie they had.

QB's as bad as Eli should be replaced, just with somebody who at least has a chance of being better.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Eli should have been benched in 2007 and the Giants should have missed the playoffs and the timeline would never have been wrecked.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

April fools

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

It's time, Eli. If management won't put you out to pasture, do it yourself. Just retire and help with Papa John's alongside your brother and Shaq. Help give America the crappy pizza it deserves.

Nov 6, 2002

Doesn't pass the "eye test".

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Doesn't pass the "eye test".

:shucks:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

April fools

Lol. Too mean.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Doltos posted:

So the parts that aren't the megopolis, mob bosses, and corrupt politicians are the Jersey devil and Jason Voorhees. Got it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1112751341259182080

whatev

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Huge news. Tom Brady now on Twitter.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

fartknocker posted:

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen old clips of Sonny Jurgensen throwing behind his back like that that in games.

All QBs should be on booze or blow or whatever.

https://twitter.com/nflthrowback/status/1098063288959553537

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tom Brady couldn't be funny or likable if the lives of every member of his family depended on it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Tom Brady had a mullet last season, so

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Tom Brady couldn't be funny or likable if the lives of every member of his family depended on it.

Neither could you.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
y'all can't be this sensitive over dad brady

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
On the subject of awful April Fools jokes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

pnumoman posted:

The Giants make me physically ill at this point. I'm still holding on because goddamnit, I'm a Jersey boy through and through, but one day I'll finally jump off the bridge and become a bandwagon gently caress of a Pats fan. One day. :smithicide:

just a few more seasons until you can reasonably claim A Decade Of Spectacular Failure

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what's LFG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

indigi posted:

what's LFG

Tom is playing Everquest Project 1999 now. Gotta get a group somehow.