Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
just looted one of these from the Tower of London (hard mode)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Someone kill 10 parliamentarians with it so the poison cloud farts out and finishes the rest

So that the queen can rule as anointed by God.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Squizzle posted:

im not convinced youve ever read a word of dickens
Yes, twoday needs some seriously deep dickens.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marx Headroom posted:

congratulations you're the prime minister now. don't gently caress it up

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

Not a primal? It's like you want a no-deal Brexit.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

we need another few rounds of royal intermarriages until there is just one ceremonial throne of europe, empowering countless maces

The Pope has the power to crown someone Western Roman Emperor. Though he hasn't done that in a while.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

1387% damage seems like a lot

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

its metric percentages

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Squizzle posted:

im not convinced youve ever read a word of dickens

*tugs at collar*

This, uh, crisis of social isolation among the elderly, it's uh... delightfully Yeatsian

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shear Modulus posted:

All the set items now give bonuses like +14,000% damage

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lastgirl posted:

A U S T E R I T Y

But I keep being told the austerity was enforced by the neoliberal devil EU, so why does the other EU country not have that same problem as much? :thunk:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Randler posted:

But I keep being told the austerity was enforced by the neoliberal devil EU, so why does the other EU country not have that same problem as much? :thunk:
Because Germany was the one imposing it on everyone else through the EU.

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

just confirming but the fact that something like 1/3 of the electorate signed a petition calling for stopping brexit entirely has entered the minds of absolutely none of the politicians who supposedly represent their constituents?

they call the petition fake, pointing out that adolf hitler and elvis presley both signed the petition several thousand times. clearly the ten million+ real names on the petition are also fake. the million+ people who were on the streets in favor of remain were only out because it was the weekend; the much smaller showing at the pro-brexit rallies was by design and nigel farange not even staying for the whole thing was just because he had more important things to do. also, the pro-remain marchers were bussed in from north wales and don't really count.

[this is actually what some brexit party idiots said in an interview. i should stop subjecting myself to sputnik.]

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The main government response to the petition was along the lines of "get back to us when it is 17.5 million"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
is everyone in england died yet

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the next From Software game will be Brexit

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Serious question, why are there so many homeless people in the UK? What's you basic subsistence welfare like? Is it because of the housing crisis?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Opferwurst posted:

Serious question, why are there so many homeless people in the UK? What's you basic subsistence welfare like? Is it because of the housing crisis?

I know this one, it's because of the Gulf Current. Once it shuts down you'll see much fewer homeless on the streets in the British isles, and for that matter much fewer people in general.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Opferwurst posted:

It’s because we have had Tories in power since 2010

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
its crazy that 10 days ago we were at like 90% chance of no-deal

while today its looking like we'll end up with a corbyn communist government and a brexit so europe-friendly that even merkel is gonna be like zis ist zu viel

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Opferwurst posted:

are you american ebcause we're not that bad yet

otherwise its this

marktheando posted:

It’s because we have had Tories in power since 2010

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Opferwurst posted:

Austerity, the global financial crisis, a massive redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich. You can trace a through-line from Thatcher to the nightmares of now. Doesn't help that the media has a shitton of anti-poor propaganda like Benefits Street.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, I know austerity and all that. But, like, how much do you get in basic welfare? Does the state pay you rent/rent assistance? Are there as many homeless people in mid-tier cities with more relaxed housing markets too?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ian duncan smith designed the new benefits system to delay payments just enough so people would get evicted and drop out of the system altogether.

you see, that’s the beautiful part. when wintertime rolls around, the poors simply freeze to death.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Opferwurst posted:

Yeah, I know austerity and all that. But, like, how much do you get in basic welfare? Does the state pay you rent/rent assistance? Are there as many homeless people in mid-tier cities with more relaxed housing markets too?

i'm currently on unemployment benefits. I get £73 a week and fortunately I've got a real nice guy who is laid back about proof of me looking for work rather than needing a really detailed diary of the 35 hours a week I'm supposed to spend looking for work. If i paid rent I would also get money towards that but because I have a mortgage I don't

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1112807736717332481

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Cuck party aren't going to vote for it ffs

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
how do they break the tie. does the queen have to vote

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

poty posted:

how do they break the tie. does the queen have to vote

Bercow

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Jose posted:

i'm currently on unemployment benefits. I get £73 a week and fortunately I've got a real nice guy who is laid back about proof of me looking for work rather than needing a really detailed diary of the 35 hours a week I'm supposed to spend looking for work. If i paid rent I would also get money towards that but because I have a mortgage I don't

That's roughly comparable to what we have in Germany. But nevermind, turns out Germany actually has much more homeless people per capital than the UK. They are probably just better hidden or kept out of sight, maybe the shelter infrastructure is better too, I dunno

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

our homelessness and rough sleeping statistics are different and the methodology behind the rough sleeping statistics is intentionally terrible

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

personally i think its only fair that mr brexit gets the tiebreaking brexit vote

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Opferwurst posted:

That's roughly comparable to what we have in Germany. But nevermind, turns out Germany actually has much more homeless people per capital than the UK. They are probably just better hidden or kept out of sight, maybe the shelter infrastructure is better too, I dunno
id be amazed if anyone did more lovely tactics than the uk to keep homeless folk out of public spaces tbh

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

normal sign of an extremely functional government: a series of proposals that will massively shape every aspect of british life for decades to come will all be defeated by a margin narrower, and in some cases much narrower, than the number of abstentions

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

normal sign of an extremely functional government: a series of proposals that will massively shape every aspect of british life for decades to come will all be defeated by a margin narrower, and in some cases much narrower, than the number of abstentions

but her deal that has broken the all time parliament record gets to be voted on multiple times

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I seem to remember they once managed to slash GP waiting lists...

...by making it impossible to get on a waiting list.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Opferwurst posted:

I actually know someone who worked for a Scottish local council for years, and part of the problem is a lack of council houses. People are on waiting lists for those things for ages. It's all well and good to say there's welfare housing, and those that do get them appreciate it, but there's not enough supply to fit demand.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

jesus WEP posted:

id be amazed if anyone did more lovely tactics than the uk to keep homeless folk out of public spaces tbh

Sticking spikes in doorways and adding intermediate armrests on benches are just two of the ways in which we persecute our homeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

do the constabulary do the thing that american cops do where they randomly raid homeless camps and steal/destroy/set fire to all their poo poo