Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Lastgirl posted:

does everyone scramble for that vote or

he resigned the party, not the job so he becomes an independent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
yeah now its just MPs saying my vote won because it lost by the least margin

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/788928211929427968?lang=en

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i'd like to see a hard brexit so the assholes culpable like cameron, bojo and farage are tried

kecske posted:

he resigned the party, not the job so he becomes an independent

aha, so he can cast a vote not under any party pressure then? big lot of good that will do anyways

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

i'd like to see a hard brexit so the assholes culpable like cameron, bojo and farage are tried
loooooooooooooooool okay

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

jesus WEP posted:

loooooooooooooooool okay

its my fantasy that everyone rises up from the conditions imposed on them :bernin:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lmao

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Brexit means tixerB

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
would you brex it?

I'd brex it. I'd brex it hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1112828197618569218

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I'm torn between sympathy for all the poors and minorities that are going to die because of these assholes, and gleeful delight at the self destruction and final indignity of one of the last great white empires

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
lol britian

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Mr. Brexit: "The fire rises."

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
call the ge may

do it

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
t May's choices are now:

Calling a general election, or

seeing if she can cobble together a majority for her plan by telling back benchers that they can ride one of the horses as she is drawn and quartered after parliament passes her plan

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WILL SOMEONE JUST SWING THE loving MACE

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Can we put brexit in the more capable hands of the dude who wouldnt even take off his trousers in the nude protest today

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

t May's choices are now:

Calling a general election, or

seeing if she can cobble together a majority for her plan by telling back benchers that they can ride one of the horses as she is drawn and quartered after parliament passes her plan

She hasn't been in Brussels for a while now. Maybe do a day trip, try to negotiate for a better deal?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I'm torn between sympathy for all the poors and minorities that are going to die because of these assholes, and gleeful delight at the self destruction and final indignity of one of the last great white empires

Lmao if you still think Britain is an empire. That thinking lead to brexit in the first place.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/NickBoles/status/1112828931818881025

Sounds like the kind of party that Schultz would found

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Opferwurst posted:

She hasn't been in Brussels for a while now. Maybe do a day trip, try to negotiate for a better deal?

can't let her leave the country, she's a serious flight risk.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Brexit...Brexit never changes. Ukip staged Brexit on its own party hoping for a return to imperialism and wealth. The Tories smothered the dying embers of an Empire hoping to line their pockets. Cuk shaped a really stupid name into a political wet fart.

But Brexit never changes. meaningful vote 5

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

A.. progressive conservative.. :thunk:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

SPEAKER: this vote will determine if britain continues to exist, or if it is reduced to a radioactive crater patrolled by posthuman mutants
VOTE TOTALS: *219-220*
LITERALLY A HUNDRED PEOPLE: gosh, this is so hard! too much pressure. i abstain.

I dunno though, Diamond Dogs is a pretty good album

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i announce that i am also resigning the conservative whip. i will instead be using the conservative cat-o-nine

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How do you gently caress up this bad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

very carefully

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

hailthefish posted:

A.. progressive conservative.. :thunk:

its kinda like prog rock

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
suicide by technocratic asphyxiation is excruciating and hilarious

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

ChaseSP posted:

Lmao if you still think Britain is an empire. That thinking lead to brexit in the first place.

No, it was British culture's refusal to accept the decline of the Empire, the refusal to teach anything about it in schools, and the refusal to replace the Empire as the core and defining element of British identity.

E:also her jingoistic refusal to withdraw from her remaining colonies, like the continued deportation and exile of the Chagossians

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat" posted:

:thunk:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

its kinda like prog rock
its Phil collins haha

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I mean yeah duh. Not like the belief you're still an empire doesn't come from some education failure/old people sticking around still glorifying the old days.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

mods, please change the thread title to

BREXIT: MPs saying my vote won because it lost by the least margin

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

^^^ I had several Tories try that after the 2017 election so it's no big thing.

Still not enough lol.

Still I bet the UK would fair somewhat better than the rest of the G7 if there were a nuclear war in the next week.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ChaseSP posted:

I mean yeah duh. Not like the belief you're still an empire doesn't come from some education failure/old people sticking around still glorifying the old days.
my parents genuinely think that britain stopped being great after ww2 because of joining europe and not because they ran out of people to steal from

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

ChaseSP posted:

Britain doesn't just think it's still an empire, it is one in its endgame. Just becaause they're weak and idiotic doesn't change this in the remaining colonies and it won't when the imperialism comes home post Brexit

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

The UK always thinks ahead and is trying to meet the criteria to join JDPON before the final collapse of capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

suicide by technocratic asphyxiation is excruciating and hilarious

:munch: