Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
second end credits scene is 100% going to be samuel L jackson walking up to wolverine and saying something. They own the rights now and bringing that in is the logical next phase for this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

second end credits scene is 100% going to be samuel L jackson walking up to wolverine and saying something. They own the rights now and bringing that in is the logical next phase for this stuff.

He's going to walk up to Wolverine and say "Disney owns Fox now." and Wolverine will nod and both will smirk at the camera.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

He's going to walk up to Wolverine and say "Disney owns Fox now." and Wolverine will nod and both will smirk at the camera.

someone will yell that someone has stolen vision's heart so he's dying and then sora will show up

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Or Deadpool showing up wearing a Disney Princess costume and teabagging Thanos.

Well, Disney would never permit making fun of their princesses that badly, but still.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Next Avengers movie should be against the xeno's from Aliens.

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich
The movie equivalent of Super Smash Bros but with all the properties Disney owns now

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The problem with that idea is, I'm pretty sure Jackman's 100% done with Wolverine, period, and I don't think the character would be immediately recognizable enough for a stinger cameo without Jackman.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My hope is that a few years from now we can get a proper Captain America: Civil War that does the comic book justice, unlike the mess we ended up getting. It can happen now that X-Men can be in the MCU.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The problem with that idea is, I'm pretty sure Jackman's 100% done with Wolverine, period, and I don't think the character would be immediately recognizable enough for a stinger cameo without Jackman.

Jackson is speaking to an offscreen character in shadow smoking a cigar. Show the claws, there you go.

Alternately, something with Professor X's wheelchair, like Legion did. (Legion is probably doomed, huh.)

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

If they don't pick a new actor who is at most 5'4'', I'm going to blow up the city.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Next Avengers movie should be against the xeno's from Aliens.

This would be great but only if it goes like Stormwatch/Aliens did.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Anything less than a Galactus or Dr Doom popping up in a stinger will be a disappointment.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Bedshaped posted:

If they don't pick a new actor who is at most 5'4'', I'm going to blow up the city.
daniel radcliffe as wolverine, callin it

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Cease to Hope posted:

Alternately, something with Professor X's wheelchair, like Legion did. (Legion is probably doomed, huh.)

It's ending after the third season anyway.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

LesterGroans posted:

It's ending after the third season anyway.

rip

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Can't they do the de-aging pixels on Jack Nicholson and get him as Wolverine

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Lemon posted:

Can't they do the de-aging pixels on Jack Nicholson and get him as Wolverine

Cheaper option: Break out the yellow spandex. That would let them get away with a scruffy looking nobody for the part.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 1, 2019

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My vote for Wolverine is Rob McElhenney.

Evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbKUJTbSXrw and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhgSt1fm3HU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I said come in! posted:

My hope is that a few years from now we can get a proper Captain America: Civil War that does the comic book justice, unlike the mess we ended up getting. It can happen now that X-Men can be in the MCU.

The comic book was poo poo, though.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I want Hickman's FF -> Avengers -> Secret Wars

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

If Charlie Day could get that ripped he’d be even better. He’s the right size and believable as a scruffy loaner weirdo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Bob Hoskins in his prime is like the physical perfection of what I'd imagine Wolverine would be plus he's got the gruff voice.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Martman posted:

daniel radcliffe as wolverine, callin it

i think daniel radcliffe knows what a wolverine is, which gives him a significant edge on hugh jackman; unfortunately it will also dash his dreams of being a wolf

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean, no matter who they cast and how they decide to go with the facial hair/signature 'do, Wolverine has at least one (six?) p. unmistakeable feature I can think of

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Was there a movie where Wolverine said berserker barrage like in MvC or did I dream that

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Tickets are on sale.

I somehow managed to access AMCs ticket page 15min before release and got the best seats for the only opening day IMAX Laser 3D at Lincoln Square in NY 15min before they went live.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 2, 2019

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Managed to get tickets for the 6pm Thursday night true IMAX showing in Irvine, CA.

Getting up at 5am to buy movie tickets makes me want to die.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
How can you stunt-cast wolverine as anyone except Danny Devito as Frank from IASIP, but with claws.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Daddy Thanos posted:

Was there a movie where Wolverine said berserker barrage like in MvC or did I dream that

Not Wolverine, you might be thinking of Mallrats

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Just have him talking to someone off screen then have the claw sound effect and nananana-NA-na x-man theme play

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

While we're on the topic of stunt casting, can we get Wallace Shawn as MODOK?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tickets must have just gone on sale. I'm coincidentally just trying to buy my tickets for Shazam this weekend and Studio Movie Grill and Atom Tickets's sites are both completely hosed.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug

Pops Mgee posted:

Anything less than a Galactus or Dr Doom popping up in a stinger will be a disappointment.

I really hope it's Doom. He'd slot in well as the next overarching baddie. Plus the F4 would probably be the easiest new team to introduce to the MCU without too much fuss.

Adding mutants to the current MCU sounds messy.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Heir03 posted:

I really hope it's Doom. He'd slot in well as the next overarching baddie. Plus the F4 would probably be the easiest new team to introduce to the MCU without too much fuss.

It seems like it'd cause lots and lots of fuss since the public has been very very thoroughly trained to hate the fantastic four and doctor doom in movies and it feels like it'd really be hard to overcome that

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’m ready for Alpha Flight’s cup of coffee in the big time.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It seems like it'd cause lots and lots of fuss since the public has been very very thoroughly trained to hate the fantastic four and doctor doom in movies and it feels like it'd really be hard to overcome that

Eh but by contrast the public has been trained to think Marvel are the ones who are going to finally do everything "the right way", so the portion of the audience that would even recognize Doom would have more of a "finally, Dr. Doom will be done right!" reaction, and the other portion of the audience will just be asking that first group what's going on

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Guy A. Person posted:

Eh but by contrast the public has been trained to think Marvel are the ones who are going to finally do everything "the right way", so the portion of the audience that would even recognize Doom would have more of a "finally, Dr. Doom will be done right!" reaction, and the other portion of the audience will just be asking that first group what's going on

I'm gonna admit after so many failed attempts I kinda also feel like "maybe the fantastic four just translate really bad to screen" and don't really have any hope the marvel one would be any particular amount better.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Incredibles should be the blueprint for making a decent Fantastic 4 movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I tried reading some modern Fantastic Four comics back in my heavy comic reading days and could never get into them. I did find they worked well as supporting characters in other comics though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I'm trying to put into words why I'm just not super excited for Endgame. Avengers and Infinity War were both day one movies for me but this is feeling more like an Age of Ultron tuesday matinee. On one hand I like the *idea* of not spoiling anything in the trailers but on the other hand they've got to give us somehing to get butts in seats other than people moping around.