Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm going to suggest Astra for Severa's weapon. It was one of the few bow names that didn't have a character name and/or "Bow" in it, and Astra is recognizably Fire Emblem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bifauxnen posted:

goddammit somebody please tell me the DLC gives you longer gun names cause I just came up with "Tsunderringer" for Severa

nice

Bruceski posted:

That's a nice one, I'll also put forward the Godmother.

also nice

Jen X fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 31, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SatansOnion posted:

Ella uses her rifle to send aliens to the Ever After.

That's a nice one, I'll also put forward the Godmother.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

I'm going to suggest Astra for Severa's weapon. It was one of the few bow names that didn't have a character name and/or "Bow" in it, and Astra is recognizably Fire Emblem.

If we're going for Fire Emblem bow names, Yewfelle is an option as well.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Und'niable is cool and good and thank you for allowing me to not have to come up with something witty.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
For Shanty Pete's Shotgun, please call it either ARRRgh or PrettyPolly

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

I feel Shanty Pete would descend further down the life cosplay well and call his shotgun the Blunderbuss.

And the 360 NoScope for the sniper rifle, purely for the looks of insufferable smugness (Mustang) and utter disdain (Ma) when using it.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Sharrdgun, Broadside? For Severa and going in line with the previous suggestions, maybe Tsunderclap? Tsunderbolt?

I'd also like to vote for Ever After.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 31, 2019

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

:thurman:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

if you have enough space for Tsunderstruck you could have a theme song and a corny catchphrase! :v:

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Going from a different direction, Xenocider for Pete's shotgun sounds fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Yo-ho-ho

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Give funky his coconut gun (can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt).

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
I like Astra and Godmother

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Broadside and Ever After for the relevant guns.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I'm pitching Broadside for Pete, Astra for Severa, Ever After for Ella, and Go Bananas for Funky.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

FoolyCharged posted:

Give funky his coconut gun (can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt).

+1

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

With my favourite piece of editing ever.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Hooray, big mama showed up!

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

GeneX posted:

Hooray, big mama showed up!

Feel like they're gonna continue their streak of "freeze and kill the scary thing before it gets a move". They have two frost bombs and Pete's ice grapple.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Its love for you is like a truck.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That ending was :discourse:

Been a while since I've seen a Roundabout ending, and longer still since I've seen one done right

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 2, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Lprsti99 posted:

Feel like they're gonna continue their streak of "freeze and kill the scary thing before it gets a move". They have two frost bombs and Pete's ice grapple.

Before I realized it was Nat's waifu that was nearby and not Emi, I thought there'd be an issue, but you're probably correct, since Pete and Emi also have the special weapons with which to wail on the winner of the Miss Off-World bodybuilding contest.

I was tricked by Severa, Ella, and Emi all having the same voice, hahaha

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Speaking of Dark Events, I love that the Vigilance Dark Event activated, the enemy packs got the extended detection range, and it was so ineffectual that Nat and Tea didn't even notice it go into effect!

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
"Do they just drop everything and prioritize the mimic beacon?" "No, that would be way too broken."

It's definitely not like there's an item everyone has been saying completely breaks the game or anything.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Bremen posted:

"Do they just drop everything and prioritize the mimic beacon?" "No, that would be way too broken."

It's definitely not like there's an item everyone has been saying completely breaks the game or anything.

I actually quit using the Beacon and Frost Bomb both because it makes the game too easy. Granted I just play on Commander most of the time, and would probably re-instate them if I ever felt the desire to go Legend, but still, those two items and a good Reaper from WotC in the hands of an experienced player really break the difficulty curve to bits.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Natural 20 posted:

With my favourite piece of editing ever.
:golfclap:

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

jng2058 posted:

Speaking of Dark Events, I love that the Vigilance Dark Event activated, the enemy packs got the extended detection range, and it was so ineffectual that Nat and Tea didn't even notice it go into effect!

It was actually a pretty big deal and very nearly revealed them on their first move. And it limited where they could go turn one by a lot. But yes, it's very possible to play around.

jng2058 posted:

I actually quit using the Beacon and Frost Bomb both because it makes the game too easy. Granted I just play on Commander most of the time, and would probably re-instate them if I ever felt the desire to go Legend, but still, those two items and a good Reaper from WotC in the hands of an experienced player really break the difficulty curve to bits.

I'm currently playing on legend and after it threw 3 berserkers and a chosen at me when I had magnetic weapons (and not gauss) I feel no guilt over using the broken items. And lots of reloading. And the free guns from TLP, though I never felt guilty about using those.

Hearing Nat and Tea comment on the chosen would be pretty hilarious. Though they really are a lot easier to handle than the rulers.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
A bit of a mechanical question since I only really played the base game: I know that Alien Rulers keep their HP between missions but do they also keep their armour? Like if Nat were to shred all the armour of this ruler in this map would it still not have any armour when it came back later?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Bremen posted:

Nat, if only you could read this spoiler you'd know why my lobby has rescinded my contract. :eng99:

Also +1 to the Godmother!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Personally I think my amazing artist Bifauxnen did it better.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Natural 20 posted:

Personally I think my amazing artist Bifauxnen did it better.

I think derivative works must concede a portion of their mystique to that which they derive formatting and benefit from

Bif did v good tho

E: I'm not even done with the video but why the hell have you decided to cripple yourself by not bringing your strongest soldiers on this DLC mission of unknown actual difficulty?

God your arrogance is infuriating, hahaha

Jen X fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 4, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That was absurd.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In case you were wondering, the Berserker Queen's abilities were an AoE earthquake that can stun, and a roar that can cause panic.

This isn't a spoiler, more of an under-the-hood thing, but the mysterious unkilled enemy was a turret, likely on the engine. If you don’t encounter it, you don’t have to kill it.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 4, 2019

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Lprsti99 posted:

Called it.

E: That said, Funky's overwatch chain was hilarious.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 4, 2019

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think the thread gave you kinda bad intel when they told you to stay away from the Lost Towers. You outgeared it pretty hard and a steady swarm of robots threatening to overwhelm you as you send your forces up an elevator is a lot more tense when you can't instantly pop them as they come out.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

For rapid fire on rangers, shotguns flanking at point blank tend to be way over 100% to hit anyway, so penalty doesn't even do anything.

Re the 9/10 enemies killed, the 10th was probably a turret at the far end that you handn't found. Kill all enemies objectives don't count turrets and hacked enemies for triggering.

Xenoborg fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 4, 2019

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Reaper is basically serial that works with the sword. But the bonus with that is that since you're moving around swording people you don't have to worry about missing, so the progressive damage loss makes up for the fact that it would otherwise pretty much never end.

I don't mean to interrupt the fun but you're still playing the game pretty badly. The game is just very easy on normal difficulty (and freeze grenades are completely broken). You can change the difficulty mid-campaign if you like, though it wont fully kick in (since higher difficulty has things like increasing research times or needing more XP to level).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Bremen posted:

Reaper is basically serial that works with the sword. But the bonus with that is that since you're moving around swording people you don't have to worry about missing, so the progressive damage loss makes up for the fact that it would otherwise pretty much never end.

I don't mean to interrupt the fun but you're still playing the game pretty badly. The game is just very easy on normal difficulty (and freeze grenades are completely broken). You can change the difficulty mid-campaign if you like, though it wont fully kick in (since higher difficulty has things like increasing research times or needing more XP to level).

Oh piffle, they aren't playing badly. They may not be playing optimally, but based on the information they have they're doing quite well. They've grasped the essential tactical lessons about cover, action economy, pod management, and what gear work best when. They also give a lot more thought to what they do on the strategy layer than most first time players.

Cut 'em some slack.