Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I prefer my hot dogs with just the dog plus a bun so I don't "get" hotdog restaurants. I don't want a salad contained in an unstable bun with a thin tube of good stuff hidden underneath. I want to taste my tube meat.

also bratwursts are superior to hotdogs in every way.

After nuclear winter destroys the world, if you and me end up as the last ones left fighting against atomic mutant hordes, this will not be an unpopular opinion, friend.

e: a snipe eh? uh, here's a baby hyena (neck cat?) i guess, because gnolls are the second best fantasy creature and all

Rainbow Knight has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Mar 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I wanna scoop that baby!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Being a diehard fan of a professional team you have no personal connection to is stupid enough, but the people out there (and there are A LOT) that latch on to college teams they never went to and have no family connection to are the weirdest fanboys in sports. It's not even real sports, and you're obsessed with duke because... they're good?

Yeah sometimes supporting the teams you actually have some regional connection to sucks, like when I support Pitt in basically any sport (adding the gators to my teams i'm allowed to like by going there for 9 years has helped dramatically with this), but at least it makes sense.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

People are making a big deal about rammstein's new song, but it's honestly kind of lame. Their best song is the one singing about how great we are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Being a diehard fan of a professional team you have no personal connection to is stupid enough, but the people out there (and there are A LOT) that latch on to college teams they never went to and have no family connection to are the weirdest fanboys in sports. It's not even real sports, and you're obsessed with duke because... they're good?

Yeah sometimes supporting the teams you actually have some regional connection to sucks, like when I support Pitt in basically any sport (adding the gators to my teams i'm allowed to like by going there for 9 years has helped dramatically with this), but at least it makes sense.

Those people will stop rooting for Duke when Coach K retires and they have a couple of down years.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Rainbow Knight posted:

I think athletes get the scholarship to play x and earn the college money by winning games and poo poo. also, college is definitely a scam at this point, so if you can scam them, then do it. If there really are consequences for other people because you took a scholarship, it's because of the college and not the athlete.

Athletes often get the scholarship as their only way in and 90-something percent never make the pros.

Meanwhile they make the school millions, especially if it’s a popular sports school, while spending so much time training that they can’t actually study or pass for a real degree, and getting shoved into bullshit courses to bring up their GPA to compensate.

Point being tear down academia in flames. It’s unsalvageable. Are you a grad student or some poo poo? You’re also being exploited! Tear it down.

E: also if no deal brexit still somehow happens then it is 100% legit to start calling the UK “England”

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Mar 31, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

To be clear it's not the players' fault that they get bullshit degrees and don't learn any useful academic skills in college. Any professor who is lenient with grades with an athlete should not only be fired, but arrested for fraud and be stripped of their degree.

Full disclosure: I did convince one of my students on the football team to get me tim tebow's autograph on my jersey, and he did get an A. But he earned it. It wasn't hard to earn it, it was an extremely easy class. I have it framed and it will never leave my possession until death.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

if no deal brexit still somehow happens then it is 100% legit to start calling the UK “England”

Can you explain your reasoning?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

screw the EU, why don't we just let the UK join the Greater American Empire? We can let australia join too and rope in enough countries so we can truly say the sun never sets on america. What are they going to do, revolt?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiggum posted:

Can you explain your reasoning?

UK sucks, EU rules, England can’t claim to be in a democratic union when it drags the rest of the UK according to its whims.

Also nationalism. If Scotland doesn’t want to be in the EU sans UK for some reason then join the NAU. Just not England.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

UK sucks, EU rules, England can’t claim to be in a democratic union when it drags the rest of the UK according to its whims.
Wales is part of the UK and voted for Brexit.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Full disclosure: I did convince one of my students on the football team to get me tim tebow's autograph on my jersey, and he did get an A. But he earned it. It wasn't hard to earn it, it was an extremely easy class. I have it framed and it will never leave my possession until death.

I know professor's are supposed to keep students' tests in storage for some period of time, but that's a bit much.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Wales is part of the UK and voted for Brexit.

Pretty sure it’s part of England, legally

If it’s not now then they’re welcome to rejoin them

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 03:53 on Mar 31, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Let's just call them Britain. They can ditch the Great though, on account of the losing the revolutionary war, and also the braveheart war.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Let's just call them Britain. They can ditch the Great though, on account of the losing the revolutionary war, and also the braveheart war.

You forgot the war of 1812

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Go further. If Brexit goes through call the UK Devon instead. Or Macclesfield.

The whole thing can be '42 Oxford Road', maybe? Let's make things simple enough for Americans to understand.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

sassassin posted:

Let's make things simple enough for Americans to understand.

france. call it france.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

College sports programs are definitely a scam even beyond the usual sports like basketball and football. What's the deal with schools like USC giving athletic scholarships and preference to water polo players? Who gives a flying gently caress about water polo and how do school make money on water polo matches. It's just a way to increase the white kid population while making sure blacks and latinos and asians don't get in. Because 100% of water polo players are white kids.

Seriously though, sports like water polo and pole vaulting do not make schools money.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Rainbow Knight posted:

france. call it france.

D’accord

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Mu Zeta posted:

College sports programs are definitely a scam even beyond the usual sports like basketball and football. What's the deal with schools like USC giving athletic scholarships and preference to water polo players? Who gives a flying gently caress about water polo and how do school make money on water polo matches. It's just a way to increase the white kid population while making sure blacks and latinos and asians don't get in. Because 100% of water polo players are white kids.

Seriously though, sports like water polo and pole vaulting do not make schools money.

As a former collegiate swimmer (also a very white sport), I can say that to my knowledge, for at least the past ten years or so these types of sports have been under attack by athletic directors for that very reason, and a lot of them have been getting successfully cut or are on life support through donations and grants.

I think the only reason they've been surviving at all is because of the alumni networks. The only thing athletic directors hate more than spending money is upsetting white affluent alumni donors who feel like their past accomplishments are about to be invalidated.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
My unpopular opinion, at least around places like this and among my left leaning peers is that I think college athletes getting a free ride through college is sufficient payment. College is super loving expensive and their non-athlete peers may be paying off their educational debts for the rest of their lives. How is a free college education not being paid?

The bullshit is that athletes get special treatment in classes and that the schools often don't actively require them to get a real education.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Master Twig posted:

My unpopular opinion, at least around places like this and among my left leaning peers is that I think college athletes getting a free ride through college is sufficient payment. College is super loving expensive and their non-athlete peers may be paying off their educational debts for the rest of their lives. How is a free college education not being paid?

The bullshit is that athletes get special treatment in classes and that the schools often don't actively require them to get a real education.

Other students who get scholarships are allowed to get paid for whatever jobs they might take. If an athlete gets paid for their job (and college sports are absolutely a job), they are ruled ineligible play. That’s bad enough on its own, but what really makes it insane is they can’t even do anything like accept a paid meal from somebody else without a loving investigation into it. Their scholarships do not cover the cost of food, textbooks, etc. and a lot of these kids come from impoverished backgrounds. If you’re mad that they don’t have student loans to pay off then you’re focusing your anger at the wrong part of the system.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
april fools day is actually really funny

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

april fools day is actually really funny

Agreed but for all other days too. We live in hellworld after all.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Agreed but for all other days too. We live in hellworld after all.

there's nothing funny about thursday.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
There's no reason to eat unspicy chips. It's basically like eating the unseasoned chicken of chips unless they is spicy.

Hot cheetos or bust

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like the chips plain if I'm eating them with a dip

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Though flaming hot cheetos with guac is pretty good

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
This is the best video on youtube. Out of the all, this one is it. Watch till the end.

PJ Harvey Rid of Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwG3r9_L9o

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

This isn't "hellworld" or a demented simulation or an alternate "darkest timeline". It's just the world, the best and worst possible.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

doverhog posted:

This is the best video on youtube. Out of the all, this one is it. Watch till the end.

PJ Harvey Rid of Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwG3r9_L9o

Actually Johnny Ding-Dong is #1 and always will be :colbert:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

docbeard posted:

This isn't "hellworld" or a demented simulation or an alternate "darkest timeline". It's just the world, the best and worst possible.

Agreed

I don't know the opinions on my new avatar, but they actually managed to give me one that I hate.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

docbeard posted:

Try bringing up that overall the world has been steadily getting better in terms of human rights, poverty, disease, and education and watch heads explode.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Yeah, but the expectation for some people was that we were going towards a Star Trek future on a steady path. Trump, Putin, Erdogan, etc. do not fit there. But the hero always has to face adversity before he reaches the gates. Think of Trump as a dragon that must be metaphorically killed by the Green New Deal, etc.

Your new AV is cute, spit. Who is that?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The “hell dystopia” is always 100% poo poo people in other countries have had to deal with but now affecting the people who use that term + related ones

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

Try bringing up that overall the world has been steadily getting better in terms of human rights, poverty, disease, and education and watch heads explode.

It’s gonna be fun to see that trend abruptly reverse once the effects of climate change hit full steam.

:(

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

doverhog posted:

Yeah, but the expectation for some people was that we were going towards a Star Trek future on a steady path. Trump, Putin, Erdogan, etc. do not fit there. But the hero always has to face adversity before he reaches the gates. Think of Trump as a dragon that must be metaphorically killed by the Green New Deal, etc.

Your new AV is cute, spit. Who is that?

Lets also not dive into "trump bad/good climate change :tinfoil:" because we all know how those arguments end

On the topic of my avatar, how should I know?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Everything is political, but yeah.

I guess I assumed you knew where it came from or why.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

doverhog posted:

Everything is political, but yeah.

if it's a political opinion that isn't so incredibly surface level that everyone agrees with it, it shouldn't be here, because goons go from 0% to Literally Killing Me% in two seconds, which is why the thread is subtitled "no politics, you loving dolts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Still trying to find the fabled "that poo poo" so I can post it.