Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If this was the best take I want to see all the other ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Which will come out first, the first GoT spin off show or GRRMs next spin off history book? [...]

Wild Cards.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

hobbesmaster posted:

If this was the best take I want to see all the other ones.

I think they had like an hour to shoot everything and were like gently caress it.

I’m talking about the writers.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's very in keeping with the books that Dorne was an embarrassing, meandering waste of time.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Looking at that gif just reminds me of an old interview about filming the LOTR movies and how there was not only a master swordsman to teach the cast how to actually swing a sword (at least in a way to look flashy for movies) but that Viggo Mortensen got really in to it and kept practicing on his own and insisting on wearing his sword around the set. LOTR had plenty of bad fights but at least the fight between Aragon and Lurtz(?) at the end of the first movie looked like the actors were at least trying.

Meanwhile Bronn's actor probably gave that girl a concussion during an earlier shoot. It'd explain why her headgear looks like it's actually just a badly wrapped helmet at the least.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
My Mom said something today about how "Isn't Tyrian the rightful owner of the crown? He's the Mad King's direct heir from before Roberts Rebellion which was based on a lie".

I thought about her spelling of Tyrion. And realized his name is just an alternate spelling of Tyrian, as in Tyrian purple, the color of royalty. He also has a purple eye. And silver hair, like Dany. And the idea of a love triangle between Tyrion / Dany / Jon - all related of course, is pure targaryen.

Googling it - I see other people have discussed this connection - sort of though, I don't think it's been brought up in this thread(s).

Also I want to congratulate Hieronymous Alloy on finding a way to kill this thread in a way that it won't just respawn for a 7th (?) time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ah, feels like slipping on an old pair of slippers.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Since the show confirmed R+L=J everything stepped up one spot on the dumbest theory list.

Tyrion secret targ is now 1st, followed by Merman Varys and Bran = NK.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Maybe it'll all end in a timeloop where the only way to prevent Bran's transformation into the Night King is for Jaime and Cersei to stop loving each other.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

if the show ends with the lannisters back to the futuring i might actually enjoy it

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Varys is a merman though?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Varys is a Myrman

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GodFish posted:

Varys is a merman though?

It is known.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Which will come out first, the first GoT spin off show or GRRMs next spin off history book? Note that Winds of Winter is not even an option.

dunk & egg compendium with 400 pages of new backstory on tournament formats (and no new dunk & egg story)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Was it someone here who said the editing for the Hound/Brienne fight is insane in the show?

I finally got to that scene and you're right, especially at the start of it, but once it gets going I felt it was less bad editing and more just an editor with an abundance of great fight moments that they felt compelled to include them all even if it meant all of them were only like 3 seconds long.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

lmao did TBT get moved back already?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
it sucked it back in, like a myrish swamp

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

less laughter posted:

it sucked it back in, like a myrish swamp

The April fool was to think you could ever escape.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

iamsosmrt posted:

Maybe it'll all end in a timeloop where the only way to prevent Bran's transformation into the Night King is for Jaime and Cersei to stop loving each other.

What if we already went through a timeloop, and them them loving was the only timeline where humanity survives. They didn't even want to. They just did it because they had to. When Jaime said "The things I do for love", he was talking about his love of humanity, and that was where he gained the emotional strength to hurl Bran out the window.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think this applies to you having to mod this thread

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Bran time travels back to robert's rebellion, as tywin's army has arrived at king's landing. He miscalibrates and lands near the ceiling of the throne room, hurtling towards the sword-backed chair. The "mad" king dives and manages to catch him, but trips and falls, cutting his own throat on the iron throne. Jaime the Kingsguard immediately leaps into action, asking Bran "wtf do I do about this????". Bran, flustered, mutters "go gently caress your sister or something" before disappearing, and jaime took it to heart.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

kcroy posted:

I think this applies to you having to mod this thread

Uh, y'all aren't locked in here with me, I'm locked in here with all of you!

wait I think I got that back- [panicked gibbering]

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Bran time travels back to robert's rebellion, as tywin's army has arrived at king's landing. He miscalibrates and lands near the ceiling of the throne room, hurtling towards the sword-backed chair. The "mad" king dives and manages to catch him, but trips and falls, cutting his own throat on the iron throne. Jaime the Kingsguard immediately leaps into action, asking Bran "wtf do I do about this????". Bran, flustered, mutters "go gently caress your sister or something" before disappearing, and jaime took it to heart.

Heck, I'm down. You guys good with this? can we all leave now?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

if the show ends with the lannisters back to the futuring i might actually enjoy it

The version where Marty actually bangs his mom and becomes his own dad.

Also, aside from real life ickiness, is there an in-universe reason that the incest between Dany and Jon will be a problem, sans politics? I mean, didn't Dany expect to marry her brother at some point? Jon could have a personal issue with the idea, but it's literally been part of his lineage for hundreds of years, right?

Even going into the political ramifications (Jon being the rightful King), wouldn't it make a marriage between the two even more sensible by Targaryen standards?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
He's gonna Be A Stark about it for 90% of an episode and then Dany will tell him basically what you're saying and remind him that they need to be together at least in some fashion in order to save the world and he's gonna be like ok sure

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm entertained by the trash fire this show has become and enjoy watching people complain about it as if an unsatisfying piece of entertainment means anything more than your favorite sports team loving it up.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

God dammit it.

:woop:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I love when bad things get big budgets

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

iamsosmrt posted:

The version where Marty actually bangs his mom and becomes his own dad.

Also, aside from real life ickiness, is there an in-universe reason that the incest between Dany and Jon will be a problem, sans politics? I mean, didn't Dany expect to marry her brother at some point? Jon could have a personal issue with the idea, but it's literally been part of his lineage for hundreds of years, right?

Even going into the political ramifications (Jon being the rightful King), wouldn't it make a marriage between the two even more sensible by Targaryen standards?

i mean, jon's personal hangups aside, daenerys has been traumatized by virtually every personal relationship she's had (which will be even worse by the time she reaches westeros, given the pending betrayals in mereen), is still in love with a dead man, has ample reason to be paranoid, etc

speaking mostly for book dany
show dany seems i guess down for it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Really looking forward to Dany dying.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

oh right thats still a thing

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Really looking forward to Dany dying.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Back home! Fresh air! the smell of dusty tomes and cobwebs instead of old spice and cheetos.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Looking at that gif just reminds me of an old interview about filming the LOTR movies and how there was not only a master swordsman to teach the cast how to actually swing a sword (at least in a way to look flashy for movies) but that Viggo Mortensen got really in to it and kept practicing on his own and insisting on wearing his sword around the set. LOTR had plenty of bad fights but at least the fight between Aragon and Lurtz(?) at the end of the first movie looked like the actors were at least trying.

Meanwhile Bronn's actor probably gave that girl a concussion during an earlier shoot. It'd explain why her headgear looks like it's actually just a badly wrapped helmet at the least.

https://twitter.com/seanastin/status/1053351488972455936?s=21

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
They should have let Barristan be the guy to kill the Mereen champion on the show if they knew he was getting ganked soon anyway. Daario didn't even piss on the guys corpse wth.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The guy playing Barristan is like a hundred years old with probably multiple hernias and bones made out of pretzel sticks. He probably has "no fights" in his contract.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
His death fight is pretty involved tho. I was actually surprised watching it again because I remember people talking about being disappointed that he didn't get to show off but he does come in and waste like 7-8 SOH's while TORGO NUDU and the rest of the unsullied are having an even looking fight.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

jesus christ i hate that i has to look up torgo

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Drone Jett posted:

Kit Harrington must have seen Tinder height verification coming before he decided to settle and get married.
The what? How do they even verify it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Galvanik posted:

The what? How do they even verify it?

Turned out to be an early April fools joke.