Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/ShawnElliott/status/1057692450020515840

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I refuse to believe this isn't real. Taurine and pork together at last.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Tashilicious posted:

Some meat is fine raw.

Most ground beef is not.

If you're not chopping up your steak tartare up yourself, don't eat it Probably.

Raw meat is absolutely fine, provided you know where you're getting it from.

Random supermarket? ehhhh...maybe
Specialty butcher? Yes.

Available in your grocers cooler wherever fine Monster™ beverages are sold.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Here's today's McDonald's April Fools joke:

https://twitter.com/McDonalds/status/1112685976462245889

The comments are amusing --- half are reacting to this as AFP; the other half are giving it a solid "would".

I love dipping my fries in a real shake or a Wendy's Frosty, but the idea of dipping them in a room temperature cup of artificially flavored corn syrup is pretty AFP for me.

One Day Fish Sale
Aug 28, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I love dipping my fries in a real shake or a Wendy's Frosty, but the idea of dipping them in a room temperature cup of artificially flavored corn syrup is pretty AFP for me.

Like ketchup?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Touché! I stand somewhat corrected. But you know I mean --- like dipping a nugget in fake strawberry flavored goo made with whatever the gently caress they make shelf stable non-dairy creamer out of. Bleh.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Touché! I stand somewhat corrected. But you know I mean --- like dipping a nugget in fake strawberry flavored goo made with whatever the gently caress they make shelf stable non-dairy creamer out of. Bleh.

This same thing with banana flavoring would win me over. Yeah, look at me like that. Boo!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Confirming that frosty-dipped fresh, salted fries are a guilt-free healthy snack for diabetics

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Sorry, I didn’t make the High School Salad today; I didn’t have any lettuce and refused to put it on a kale leaf instead. Expect the ?!? tomorrow.

I did eat a bite of an expired yogurt, though, so I think I’m in training.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Inco posted:

I don't care how fancy anyone makes it sound, I'm not eating raw meat. Fuuuuuuuuuck that.

Found PCOS Bill's parachute account

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eating raw ground beef is actually nasty as gently caress.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

veni veni veni posted:

I don't know, man. Kitfo is amazing.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I don't know man. *Twists toothpick which has an anus worm wrapped around it by one revolution slowly pulling it from rear end* raw beef can be really tasty

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Just go down to your local university, stick your raw meat down into the experimental reactor they have, and kill off any parasites with all the searing gamma rays science can provide you. Walla!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Tunicate posted:

Just go down to your local university, stick your raw meat down into the experimental reactor they have, and kill off any parasites with all the searing gamma rays science can provide you. Walla!

, and save/destroy civilization with your cool new optical lazerbeams and super strength like a animal you piece of poo poo

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Tunicate posted:

Eff that, I live near enough to this bad boy. Stick your raw meat in a particle accelerator and there won't be anything left to get you sick! :eng101:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Oc77Z7GJs

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I want to fight mayo. Yuck!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

almost threw up in my mouth imagining the texture of that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe you could soak the banana peels in apple cider vinegar over night and then shred/cook them? Come on guys, if Icelanders figured out that burying a dead shark for a month and then letting it dry out for a year makes it edible then surely the SomethingAwful comedy forums can figure out a way to make banana peels taste like roasted pig.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Cardboard shredded and soaked in an entire bottle of barbeque sauce.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm still hoping Scarodactyl comes through with his version, just to see more takes on the idea. Especially if there's goon input to try and 'save' it.

Scarodactyl posted:

I am almost desperate enough to try this. Trip report if I do.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

It's actually great hth

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

RoastBeef posted:

It's actually great hth

LOL nice try there pal

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Has anyone made troll recipes in the style of those stupid facebook videos with crappy twee ukulele playing in the background? I bet you could easily get people to eat some terrible poo poo if the videos were convincing enough.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

came here to post this lol

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe you could soak the banana peels in apple cider vinegar over night and then shred/cook them?

:hmmyes: I need to buy some bananas

e: I assume most of the nastiness is from tannins or w/e in the peel so maybe finding a way to leech those out would help. I wonder if even just soaking in water and changing it occasionally would work like it does w/ aquarium driftwood.

snoo has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Apr 3, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

veni veni veni posted:

Has anyone made troll recipes in the style of those stupid facebook videos with crappy twee ukulele playing in the background? I bet you could easily get people to eat some terrible poo poo if the videos were convincing enough.

I have a good idea what you're describing but all I can picture right now is those top-down cooking videos set to the Arrested Development theme

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

veni veni veni posted:

Wasn't that what HowToBasic started as?

e:

snoo posted:

e: I assume most of the nastiness is from tannins or w/e in the peel so maybe finding a way to leech those out would help. I wonder if even just soaking in water and changing it occasionally would work like it does w/ aquarium driftwood.

What I got from this is that you eat driftwood.

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Apr 3, 2019

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm gonna make the drat banana pulled pork when I'm off next week :mad:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

snoo posted:

Hell yeah. I can't wait to hear about it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

snoo posted:

Please, just get drunk at 11am on Bay Breezes. Please. Don't throw your time off away like this.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm still hoping Scarodactyl comes through with his version, just to see more takes on the idea. Especially if there's goon input to try and 'save' it.
I haven't been to the grocery store but when I do I will pick up bananas. No worries, it's happening.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
eh i heard from some folks it was okay at least. that hair guy probably ate raw peels

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

von Braun posted:

eh i heard from some folks it was okay at least. that hair guy probably ate raw peels

I would suggest invoking a food rule much like the old hat rule, but then everyone in this thread would be eating literal garbage within a week.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Data Graham posted:

I have a good idea what you're describing but all I can picture right now is those top-down cooking videos set to the Arrested Development theme

Yeah that’s exactly what I was referring to.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Do banana peels have any nutritional value?

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

AlbieQuirky posted:

Do banana peels have any nutritional value?

They're absolutely jam-packed with fiber, I'm sure.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

if Icelanders figured out that burying a dead shark for a month and then letting it dry out for a year makes it edible
arguably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo