Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

euphronius posted:

maybe ? it’s in like 9 days? 11 days ?

maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

wasn't there a cunning plan to dissolve Parliament to loophole their way around the deadline?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
i hope they get to vote on mays deal once more, for the road

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

euphronius posted:

maybe ? it’s in like 9 days? 11 days ?

https://interactive.news.sky.com/2017/brexit-countdown/

Agean90 posted:

wasn't there a cunning plan to dissolve Parliament to loophole their way around the deadline?

I don't think you'd call it cunning.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Brexit means Brexit.
Everything else is a mystery.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Prorogueing parliament was a trick to get them to vote on May’s deal again. There was also a plan to dissolve Parliament until April 12th to guarantee No Deal that was put forth by some Tory MP.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Opferwurst posted:

50% of Brits want an end to free movement of people/no more Poles.

Considering how much better looking Poles are compared to the average Britisher, they should be thankful for them.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Glenn Quebec posted:

Considering how much better looking Poles are compared to the average Britisher, they should be thankful for them.

our good-looking gene base were all carried off by viking raids, leaving only the familiar british hobgoblins behind

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Agean90 posted:

It's been superseded by a new plan, steal the mace

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

euphronius posted:

So when hard Brexit happens will you need a passport to go from Northern Ireland to Ireland ? Will goods be stopped at the border for customs etc?

Both the British and Irish governments have published assurances that the common travel area between the countries will continue in the event of a hard brexit. How that works exactly is... unclear

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
take all the flowcharts and zoom out, revealing previously hidden arrows that all lead to NO DEAL

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Bryter posted:

Both the British and Irish governments have published assurances that the common travel area between the countries will continue in the event of a hard brexit. How that works exactly is... unclear

By making a hard border with the rest of the UK, clearly. DUP'll love it!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

kecske posted:

our good-looking gene base were all carried off by viking raids, leaving only the familiar british hobgoblins behind

Then Britain is truly damned

twoday
May 4, 2005

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
maybe the EU will have mercy on these uncivilized creatures who attempt to get things done by stealing a huge mace

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

twoday
May 4, 2005

logikv9 posted:

maybe the EU will have mercy on these uncivilized creatures who attempt to get things done by stealing a huge mace

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mace_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

In accordance with the House Rules, on the rare occasion that a member becomes unruly, the Sergeant at Arms, upon order of the Speaker, lifts the mace from its pedestal and presents it before the offenders, thereby restoring order. House rules state that in Members should be arrested when ignoring the authority of the Mace

There have been at least six instances where the Mace was used to quell disorder.

A threat to present the mace was on July 29, 1994, when Rep. Maxine Waters declined to stop speaking. The Speaker Pro Tem, Rep. Carrie Meek, threatened "to present the mace"; Waters left the floor shortly thereafter, and Meek said that she had been about to order the sergeant-at-arms to present it.[8][9]

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In ten days is May going to go beg for another extension?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brexit means Brexit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

In ten days is May going to go beg for another extension?

You know goddamn well she is

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

twoday posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mace_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

In accordance with the House Rules, on the rare occasion that a member becomes unruly, the Sergeant at Arms, upon order of the Speaker, lifts the mace from its pedestal and presents it before the offenders, thereby restoring order. House rules state that in Members should be arrested when ignoring the authority of the Mace

There have been at least six instances where the Mace was used to quell disorder.

A threat to present the mace was on July 29, 1994, when Rep. Maxine Waters declined to stop speaking. The Speaker Pro Tem, Rep. Carrie Meek, threatened "to present the mace"; Waters left the floor shortly thereafter, and Meek said that she had been about to order the sergeant-at-arms to present it.[8][9]

i would definitely be intimidated by a the sergeant-at-arms threatening me with a giant bludgeon infused with royal essence tbh seems like a fair cop

(yes i know what u did there re the link, but still)

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

V. Illych L. posted:

i would definitely be intimidated by a the sergeant-at-arms threatening me with a giant bludgeon infused with royal essence tbh seems like a fair cop

I believe the US fought a war to remove royal essence from their legislature

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

euphronius posted:

Brexit means Brexit

:hmmyes:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Brexit means Brisket

twoday
May 4, 2005

Brisket means breakfast

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

kecske posted:

No to be fair the sexy vikings settled down here too its just the hobgoblin genes are too dominant and swamped them

I've got a Swedish grandparent though so my genetics are topped up again and instead of looking like a hobgoblin I look like a cruel hobgoblin facsimile of a handsome person

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s Vikings all the way down.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
all the hot british people emigrated ages ago

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

Hentai Jihadist posted:

No to be fair the sexy vikings settled down here too its just the hobgoblin genes are too dominant and swamped them

I've got a Swedish grandparent though so my genetics are topped up again and instead of looking like a hobgoblin I look like a cruel hobgoblin facsimile of a handsome person

In the land of the uggos, the fairest hobgoblin will be king.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/MudefordM/status/1113041340726738945

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

iSimian posted:

That's my favourite Meat Loaf song.

Tied with "I'll do anything to Brexit, but I won't do that"

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

That's my favourite Meat Loaf song.

Tied with "I'll do anything to Brexit, but I won't do that (Brexit)"

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
B-Breakfast means break fast!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Avirosb posted:

B-Breakfast means break fast!

wish i had voted for a more drawn out soft breakfast

feeling hungry rn

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

don't look at me, I voted for the common cafeteria where we still have access to breakfast but can't influence what we have for it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

iSimian posted:

But David Bowie's dead...

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

[PREMISE: I WANT MORE NUTMEG IN THE BREAKFAST FOODS]

we need more mace shenanigans!!!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

We would have 370 million pounds for breakfast if we leave the European cafeteria

Remember when Great Britane had it's own cafeteria and menu....

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

don't look at me, I voted for the common cafeteria where we still have access to breakfast but can't influence what we have for it.

Which is a shame, because British breakfasts aren't that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

prefect posted:

Which is a shame, because British breakfasts aren't that bad.

a full irish breakfast is better imo