Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

fashionly snort posted:

The sorcerer doesn’t get a legion trait 🙃

And?

Chaos character. It’s why cypher got the FAQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

fashionly snort posted:

Yeah, but someone asked if the purpose of that other rule was to give the sorcerer a legion trait

I assumed that the Fallen rule was to preserve a sorcerer's legion trait. Other than that I couldn't figure out how to get Fallen into a detachment with units bearing a legion trait to trigger the new rule.

Your point is excellent; the sorcerer (and the rhino) aren't eligible for legion traits in the first place.

In the result, it appears there is presently no way to actually trigger the new rule for the Fallen. The Codex didn't fix what broke with keyword rule change.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Am I missing something? :psyduck: The Sorcerer gets the legion trait for THE FALLEN because it has that keyword. For legion/chapter specific units you don't have to literally have <CHAPTER> or <LEGION> to get the tactic, you need to have the Chapter/Legion keyword that matches the tactic. Otherwise named characters would also not get their own chapter tactics. The Rhino doesn't because gently caress (chaos) space marine vehicles apparently but that's not exactly new. You can take an all FALLEN Vanguard detachment (the stratagem even specifically calls out a Vanguard), and you can still take other <Legion> detachments.

The Fallen have a legion trait in the new CSM book, right? Reroll 1s to hit when not moving? That feels like it could be a fever dream but I also distinctly remember seeing it in one of the Vigilus previews.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Strobe posted:

Am I missing something? :psyduck: The Sorcerer gets the legion trait for THE FALLEN because it has that keyword. For legion/chapter specific units you don't have to literally have <CHAPTER> or <LEGION> to get the tactic, you need to have the Chapter/Legion keyword that matches the tactic. Otherwise named characters would also not get their own chapter tactics. The Rhino doesn't because gently caress (chaos) space marine vehicles apparently but that's not exactly new. You can take an all FALLEN Vanguard detachment (the stratagem even specifically calls out a Vanguard), and you can still take other <Legion> detachments.

The Fallen have a legion trait in the new CSM book, right? Reroll 1s to hit when not moving? That feels like it could be a fever dream but I also distinctly remember seeing it in one of the Vigilus previews.

That's not a legion trait, it's the abllity they have in place of DttFE.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Does the CSM Codex have everything in it for new Chaos Marines or is there supplementary stuff in that Vigilus book? Also can I assume no Emperor's Children/Slaanesh specific release for 40k since they're in the CSM book?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That's not a legion trait, it's the abllity they have in place of DttFE.

It is literally a marine chapter tactic so this clarification seems technically accurate but also exactly as loving worthless as I expected Maneck's bloviating to be. Thank you.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Strobe posted:

The rule:

The Codex doesn't give Fallen a Legion Trait.

Either GW forgot to edit the rule for the updated codex, or they forgot to restore the ability for Fallen units to be dropped into any IMPERIUM or CHAOS detachment.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Strobe posted:

It is literally a marine chapter tactic so this clarification seems technically accurate but also exactly as loving worthless as I expected Maneck's bloviating to be. Thank you.

It's not a clarification. It's from the original codex. It's continued inclusion is probably an editing error - an unfortunately confusing one.

JBP posted:

Does the CSM Codex have everything in it for new Chaos Marines or is there supplementary stuff in that Vigilus book? Also can I assume no Emperor's Children/Slaanesh specific release for 40k since they're in the CSM book?

No. The new codex does not have the detachments, wargear and stratagems from Vigilus.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 2, 2019

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I thought it could be fun to use that detachment to bring some sorcerers into an imperium army with my definitely-not-demon-worshipping inquisitors, but half of their psychic powers are gated behind the HERETIC ASTARTES keyword which they all lose, so that's... pretty unexciting.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Some speed painted cultists and screamers featuring some eye searing fluorescent colors. They are extremely hard to photograph.

gently caress these are insanely good. I need to get back to working on my flourescent 'nids, but I still haven't finished painting many of my orks. Been way too goddamn busy with other things.

What did you use for the tufts? Painted them yourself or used some kinda aquarium stuff?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 2, 2019

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
So I bought three heldrake's for 80 bucks (cdn)

... this was a waste of money right.

(I thought the models might be fun to try my new airbrush out on, but man, the stat block on these really sucks. Is there some cool Synergy or something that could at make these viable in a gimmicky kind of way? Is there a cool use to them I might be missing? I'm not the best player so I might be missing something)

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

These are so cool it's ridiculous. I'm going to blow a chunk of cash just to practice this kind of color on DEldar stuff.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.
I've had an idea and a name for an ork kill squad for quite some time now and that ridiculously bright colour scheme has given me some serious inspiration to get it done. Shame I don't have the spare cash to do so at the moment as i've spent it all on PLA and the shadowspear box. I'm sure I'll end up posting it in a few months though - arena making orks somewhat more viable has certainly helped my interest in buying/building them.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Harvey Mantaco posted:

So I bought three heldrake's for 80 bucks (cdn)

... this was a waste of money right.

(I thought the models might be fun to try my new airbrush out on, but man, the stat block on these really sucks. Is there some cool Synergy or something that could at make these viable in a gimmicky kind of way? Is there a cool use to them I might be missing? I'm not the best player so I might be missing something)

They’re one of the few units in the game that can assault easily just about any turn and they’re decently tough. They’re not the murder machines they used to be but they’re a fun pick and can give you some flexibility.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Maneck posted:

The rule:

The Codex doesn't give Fallen a Legion Trait.

Either GW forgot to edit the rule for the updated codex, or they forgot to restore the ability for Fallen units to be dropped into any IMPERIUM or CHAOS detachment.

Fallen haven’t been able to be souped in since Chapter Approved last year when for battle brothers you need to have 2 keywords in common.

Nothing has changed. Fallen have to be a Vanguard detachment like Inquisition, except now you get some new rules and now can sneak a sorcerer via those new rules into the imperium.

It’s as mediocre as before.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Yeah, GW didn't forget anything. Fallen are just not meant to be a serious army

And Fallen get the Dark Angels Chapter trait in place of a Legion one

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

NovaLion posted:

These are so cool it's ridiculous. I'm going to blow a chunk of cash just to practice this kind of color on DEldar stuff.

Heck yeah my friend. The world always needs more terrorRAVE eldar. Post pics of progress please!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Catsplosion posted:

I've had an idea and a name for an ork kill squad for quite some time now and that ridiculously bright colour scheme has given me some serious inspiration to get it done. Shame I don't have the spare cash to do so at the moment as i've spent it all on PLA and the shadowspear box. I'm sure I'll end up posting it in a few months though - arena making orks somewhat more viable has certainly helped my interest in buying/building them.

Non-green orks can be great.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just made the mistake of opening the Eldar 'dex from 2006. All of the Aspect Warriors (excepting Shining Spears and Warp Spiders), War Walkers, Wraithlords and Guardians are at least 13 years old. :stare:
Most everything else is even older. :stonk:
That loving tank probably hasn't changed since it was first released. :magical:

I really hope that they get to these power metal spaecei aelvesi soon. :smith:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
The tank had its weird front spacer bar removed.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Eldar and Space Marine designs are iconic and I hope the Wave Serpent never gets changed.

Leman Russ too.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/01/battle-sister-bulletin-4-seraphim-first-look/

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Inspector_666 posted:

Eldar and Space Marine designs are iconic and I hope the Wave Serpent never gets changed.

Leman Russ too.

Leman Russ could stand to be re-engineered in terms of sprue/assembly, but they should never touch the actual design.

Wave Serpents look incredible and are really well engineered for assembly and customization. It's basically a perfect model.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Caliente.

Also folks, fill out the survey to get a chance at winning a new SoB army.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

I wonder if they're going to do normal flight stands or try to do clever attachment points on every model like with the geminae

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Really dynamic. Still hate the design of the SoB but I'm fine ceding on an iconic classic so long as I'm getting more Severina Raine down the road.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Is that supposed to be bare leg? Jump pack + loincloth + skipped leg armor day is an... empowered fashion choice.

The face owns.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Eifert Posting posted:

Is that supposed to be bare leg? Jump pack + loincloth + skipped leg armor day is an... empowered fashion choice.

The face owns.

No. The Sisters of Battle wear full-body power armor

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Eifert Posting posted:

Is that supposed to be bare leg? Jump pack + loincloth + skipped leg armor day is an... empowered fashion choice..

Really don't think so. It's like a perfect cylinder. I'm sure that won't stop any HAMS though.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mugaaz posted:

Really don't think so. It's like a perfect cylinder. I'm sure that won't stop any HAMS though.

That's what I was thinking, just didn't see any seams or detail.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Eifert Posting posted:

That's what I was thinking, just didn't see any seams or detail.

If it's like the existing models, there'll be a seam on the side with that inner-power-armor-conduit texture that isn't visible from the front.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I don't really like the way her torso's arched like that. Whether that's supposed to be an actual corset or armour stylised as a corset it shouldn't allow for that kinda movement.

tbh I'm in the boat of wishing they'd completely redone the SoB aesthetic, dump the weird fetishy elements while keeping the walking reliquary look, but I'm just glad they're getting love at all.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

mango sentinel posted:

Really dynamic. Still hate the design of the SoB but I'm fine ceding on an iconic classic so long as I'm getting more Severina Raine down the road.

The Severina Raine comparison is a good one to make. Her model was great, and there was promise that in the future GW might keep that aesthetic (i.e. boob plate sucks). Whereas the Sisters of Battle will get to keep going into battle with corsets which funnel weapons fire into their mid-torso, at least for another two decades.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

SteelMentor posted:

I don't really like the way her torso's arched like that. Whether that's supposed to be an actual corset or armour stylised as a corset it shouldn't allow for that kinda movement.

tbh I'm in the boat of wishing they'd completely redone the SoB aesthetic, dump the weird fetishy elements while keeping the walking reliquary look, but I'm just glad they're getting love at all.

What’s fetishy besides the corset? The model doesn’t even have battle high heels, which is a pleasant surprise. Boobplate is what it is I guess.

I agree I’d have preferred a more drastic redesign (Raine is much better imo) but overall I’m happy with how they look so far.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Maneck posted:

The Severina Raine comparison is a good one to make. Her model was great, and there was promise that in the future GW might keep that aesthetic (i.e. boob plate sucks). Whereas the Sisters of Battle will get to keep going into battle with corsets which funnel weapons fire into their mid-torso, at least for another two decades.

It's such an iconic look and one that people have been loudly clamoring for so I get them just wanting to update, not redesign it. As much fuss as they got over the Severina model, there would be riots over any significant changes for Sisters. Like I said, I'm honestly fine with Sisters staying what they are so long as they uphold the promise of more non-boobiful women models down the road.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Not wearing burlap sacks 0/10.

Actually I’m not feeling the circular boob armor. At all. Pretty meh.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
That's a good kind of riot to have. Run out the gross weirdos (the big spenders aren't going to quit your franchise - warham became part of their identity long ago), get a lot more consumers over the long term that aren't interested in a hobby with titsploitation. Pissing off or outright humiliating the dregs of the internet is always the best choice, even if it's not right away.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Just went to build a new Chaos list after the update and realised that while they added thunder hammers to the melee weapon list they didn't actually add them to the Terminator melee weapon list :shepface:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Well, yeah, there's no Terminator Chaos Thunder Hammer bit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I like how Chaos Terminators now start with chainaxes as their basic equipment, but the new box of 5 terminators only comes with 1 chainaxe.