Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It’s not like krell threw a tantrum and ruined a game before it started

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Krell I feel like gets a bad rap there were definitely worse players than him throughout mafia history.

Also tommunist are you still in Vegas? I’m here for a week for CinemaCon

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I out a lot of effort into that SCUMHUNTER joke :(

Like most of your posting, it was too high effort for this community.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It’s not like krell threw a tantrum and ruined a game before it started

id do it again tbh

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

busb posted:

better krell a million times than imgay!!!!!!!!

imgay is my spirit animal, i'll fight you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i enjoy playing with Lumpen

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Krell once ruined one of my games by running Krellfia inside of my thread, and then very quickly (p much immediately?) abandoned that game, inside of my game. It was pretty funny, but also very pointless?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It seems like krellfia is remembered fondly, echoing the groundbreaking Dark Baby Mafia

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

George Kansas posted:

Krell once ruined one of my games by running Krellfia inside of my thread, and then very quickly (p much immediately?) abandoned that game, inside of my game. It was pretty funny, but also very pointless?

that's actually very funny and you got owned, sorry to say

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It seems like krellfia is remembered fondly, echoing the groundbreaking Dark Baby Mafia

dark baby mafia was SA mafia at its peak

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

that's actually very funny and you got owned, sorry to say

you say it like youre correcting me, i just said it was funny

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Was dark baby mafia in one of my games? I can’t remember

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i've been trying to search for it but holy hell is the search function useless god damnit meinberg radium

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

kumba posted:

dark baby mafia 3 was SA mafia at its peak

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

kumba posted:

i've been trying to search for it but holy hell is the search function useless god damnit meinberg radium

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3620054&pagenumber=35&perpage=40#post427762089 here u go

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

George Kansas posted:

you say it like youre correcting me, i just said it was funny

you said it was pointless but the point was to own you, which is a noble cause, i regret to inform you

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

why is everyone talking about my old account

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I was very fond of dark baby mafia.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tomorrow is the 5 year anniversary of Dark Baby mafia, so this is very serendipitous

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Difference is Gulag is funny. And while lumpen will actively try to destroy games, he does so within the logic of the game. Moreover, both of them participate.
Krell disrupts games while contributing nothing, all the while doing his ”aw shucks” routine where he can’t understand why anyone doesn’t want him around. He’s just soul draining.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Difference is Gulag is funny. And while lumpen will actively try to destroy games, he does so within the logic of the game. Moreover, both of them participate.
Krell disrupts games while contributing nothing, all the while doing his ”aw shucks” routine where he can’t understand why anyone doesn’t want him around. He’s just soul draining.

I’m just glad you have a nemesis RF, we all need one

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

:emptyquote:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That’s one of those statements that sounds truer than it is

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Like everything you say?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I only speak in certainties

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I only speak in certainties

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

mafia is dead anyway

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Mr. Humalong posted:

mafia is dead anyway

only mostly dead, it'll be resurrected after everdunes

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
mafia is alive and flourishing even without some of the everdunes players. I think its cool how Fisk got some old people into the game again. Made me realize how much of the game was meta reads for me lol.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

He’s done this, directly, to me, and I won’t have you pretending he doesn’t! opop said it well

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
mafia was never alive

we haven't been playing mafia, mafia has been playing us

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

George Kansas posted:

He’s done this, directly, to me, and I won’t have you pretending he doesn’t! opop said it well

Krellfia isn’t the same as the claim

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I mean he did it to me too, at least once but probably twice cause I think I gave him a second chance and that went about as well as expected

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'm happy to review citations

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Toalpaz posted:

mafia is alive and flourishing even without some of the everdunes players. I think its cool how Fisk got some old people into the game again. Made me realize how much of the game was meta reads for me lol.

You aren't kidding. My second game in like 5 years, and I still kinda used meta reads to help me explain why I did things in the game. And I think other players trying to meta me really helped me too.

Avoiding meta is HARD.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i'm happy to review citations

I personally do not like Krell after only playing with him once.

Krell in Vig 8 posted:

At this point, it's become incredibly obvious that you have psychological issues you need to work out, since ironically this time around, you are the one who's ruining the game by throwing around fake-claims just to get rid of a person you hate for personal reasons. And no, you can't just scream and pout your way through life just to get your way. Just in case you aren't aware, you're not exactly well-liked around here either. I know for a fact that quite a few people here absolute resent you for your playstyle and behavior and only put up with you to get on with the game. See all those people half-heartedly voting for me? They're not doing it because they agree with you. They're doing it so they don't get attacked like your doing to me right now.

The truth is that you absolutely are NOT as well liked as you think you are. Not by a good margin.

Now, I don't know the real you, and this isn't an attack on your personal character, just a critique of your mafia playstyle, but posts like the one you just made make very little doubt that there is a patch of genuine darkness lurking in your soul somewhere...

Max fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 2, 2019

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In the context of the game it seems on par with the provocation, though I’d definitely shoot krell in the Ecco/krell showdown

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nah I don't like him and never will.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think that’s the core of the issue for most people, more so than any action or inaction on his part. So it goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
there's poo poo posting and there's actively antagonizing the people trying to play the game

may be a subtle difference but krell absolutely belongs in bucket #2