Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey any advice on building limbo and hydroid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/GameSoundDesign/status/1113094099882725376

:getin:

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Or "Who's your favorite vendor in Fortuna"

I can tell you who the worst is, Legs (No offense).

legs best boi.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Or "Who's your favorite vendor in Fortuna"

The correct answer is The Business.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Once he became a vendor and i was done with his quests i stopped caring.

I know, its something I have to work on :negative:

Edit: legs that is

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I love my disgusting meatframe

Same but it's bugs instead of meat (still meat?)

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Not every vendor can be Ticker, but I do actually like all of them. Ticker is just the best, sunshine that she is. :3:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ticker is just so drat sassy I love it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Ticker is literally the nicest person in the entire universe.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I've bought like 3 things from ticker total when i needed to gild some kitgungs while i visit the others a dozen times per day but i still listed him as my favorite trader. Because he is.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Despite following steps I found online I cannot seem to get a Prosecutor on Eris to kill for the junction requirement.

As far as I understand:
Do the capture mission
Let alarms go off
Capture target
Prosecutor is supposedly likely to spawn? After a few tries this hasn't worked for me.

So far it's not working out for me. Any other tips?

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I've bought like 3 things from ticker total when i needed to gild some kitgungs while i visit the others a dozen times per day but i still listed him as my favorite trader. Because he is.

Quick correction, she identifies herself as her in-game, so her it is.

Samuringa posted:

Ticker is literally the nicest person in the entire universe.

Excellent post/avatar/title combo.

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008

DisposableHero posted:

Despite following steps I found online I cannot seem to get a Prosecutor on Eris to kill for the junction requirement.

As far as I understand:
Do the capture mission
Let alarms go off
Capture target
Prosecutor is supposedly likely to spawn? After a few tries this hasn't worked for me.

This is outdated information, enemies stop spawning after you down a capture target now.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DisposableHero posted:

As far as I understand:
Do the capture mission
Let alarms go off
Capture target

try other missions? prosecutors spawn in all the shipyard tiles on ceres:

Ceres Bode Spy Grineer 12 - 14
Ceres Casta Defense Grineer 12 - 17
Ceres Cinxia Interception Grineer 12 - 17
Ceres Ker Sabotage Grineer 14 - 16
Ceres Kiste Mobile Defense Grineer 13 - 15
Ceres Lex Capture Grineer 14 - 16
Ceres Ludi Hijack Grineer 15 - 17
Ceres Nuovo Rescue Grineer 13 - 15
Ceres Pallas Exterminate Grineer 12 - 14
Ceres Seimeni Dark Sector Defense Infestation 15 - 25

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Ritznit posted:

Quick reminder: If you haven't filled out the Fortuna survey yet, please do so soon HERE. It's neat that DE provide us this non-social media based way of giving them feedback and I hope y'all make use of it. With some luck they'll make a Nightwave survey too.

EDIT: The survey was supposed to close 2 days ago but is still open and I filled it out just fine, so yeah. Possible they'll close it when Equinox Prime hits so get to it!

Thanks for linking this. I will take any opportunity to pester them with requests for not-white crosshairs in the gd mf snow ffs.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

QuantumButler posted:

This is outdated information, enemies stop spawning after you down a capture target now.

oh, when did that start? I had noticed recently sometimes my missions would just be deserted after a certain point, but hadn't put that together.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Don't build Limbo for range. PLEASE.

In seriousness, Limbo wants tons duration, no strength, no efficiency, and a stretch or auger reach to offset narrow minded. Use Flow and Quick Thinking for survivability. Congrats, you are now a god of Mobile D.

Don't know much about Squiddad, unfortunately.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Blhue posted:

oh, when did that start? I had noticed recently sometimes my missions would just be deserted after a certain point, but hadn't put that together.

I think this is somewhat recent and it was done in response to some farming tactic. I'm not entirely sure but I think that was the reason behind the change.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Hydroid: +duration, efficiency, a touch of strength. Range isn't a priority since charging 4 doubles the radius and you don't want the tentacles spread too thinly.

Limbo: +duration, -range for teamwork. +Duration +range for trolling.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Are there non pilfering Hydroids yet or is it still just the frame you take to farms when you already have a Nekros?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's also the eternal (piss) puddle build, where you constantly pull in enemies while casting 1 on top of yourself. it's not terribly effective, but it's fun.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FunkyFjord posted:

I think this is somewhat recent and it was done in response to some farming tactic. I'm not entirely sure but I think that was the reason behind the change.

It's been several months now but I think you are right - capture was changed to prevent resource farming (I guess oxium before they made ospreys have a 100% drop chance?) and the bleedout timer is to prevent stuff like 'just melee the capture target for 3 minutes' to get that riven challenge to hold a 3x multiplier for 30 seconds.

of course there are other ways to do that riven but :ssh:

Tulip posted:

Are there non pilfering Hydroids yet or is it still just the frame you take to farms when you already have a Nekros?

i've tried to make a non-pilfering hydroid work and it'd be a lot better if they got rid of the charging mechanic (just like every other frame with one) so you could use 1/4 easier to keep a defense target locked down with both CC and damage but, well. hydroid has extremely strong frame fashion but needs some ability rework.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 2, 2019

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Thanks for the responses re: Prosecutors on Ceres. Didn't even occur to me that that might be out of date info. I'll try some other missions. Is it still accurate that they're more likely to show up after alarms go off?

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

The most profitable Hyper Helene.

I'm still not sure how it happened! I got a cell drop that became 10, another that was somehow 20, and ANOTHER that was 40.

Is that... the true kavat power!?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Stink Terios posted:

The most profitable Hyper Helene.

I'm still not sure how it happened! I got a cell drop that became 10, another that was somehow 20, and ANOTHER that was 40.

Is that... the true kavat power!?

Yeah, Charm can trigger multiple times and it doubles again every time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is anyone sitting on some Smeeta imprints?
My cat is lovely but kinda useless.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Someone was asking about making plat, well, the Stradavar P and Tipedo P were released, grind that and sell while it's hot.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Riven dispos also got updated - they seem pretty fair and I came out ahead overall, though my Stradavar riven got a little less exciting thanks to the Prime springing into reality :v:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

Riven dispos also got updated - they seem pretty fair and I came out ahead overall, though my Stradavar riven got a little less exciting thanks to the Prime springing into reality :v:

These are extremely sensible changes, to the point where I'm almost surprised how good they are and how much they reflect actually powerful weapons getting nerfed.

On the other hand, oooof, my Ignis, Rubico, Akvasto, and Rattleguts rivens. They basically nerfed every single primary and secondary I actually use.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mailer posted:

If no one else hooks you up by tonight, hit up MailerAU for some relics.

I seem to keep missing you, are you in the main PC guild?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Yeah, alright. They even buffed some of the lesser used ones that I considered pretty good already like grakata. More surprising, they didn’t touch gaze

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
my Rattleguts I use to carry me got hit a lil bit :(

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

aaw poo poo my catchmoon riven

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

DoombatINC posted:

gently caress yes, my best rivens (Penta and Pox) got buffed

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

drat my Supra riven took a hard bite :(

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

What does disposition change mean? Does it change the rivens I already use or just rivens that I end up rolling?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

ughhhh posted:

What does disposition change mean? Does it change the rivens I already use or just rivens that I end up rolling?

It changes the ones you already use, thank god. The alternative would be absolutely miserable.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It changes the ones you already use, thank god. The alternative would be absolutely miserable.

"We already took one terrible idea from Diablo, why not take the part where items that dropped before a certain date become super items that define high level play"

I'm a little surprised Kohm didn't get hit with a nerf now that I'm thinking about it. And do we know the timeline for Melee 3? I want to know if my Dual Skanas are going to die

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Tulip posted:

"We already took one terrible idea from Diablo, why not take the part where items that dropped before a certain date become super items that define high level play"

are you talking about "mods with a collection of random affixes" because that's the exact opposite of a terrible idea

rivens are great, it's just "rivens as a balance mechanism" that's dumb as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
just so everyone knows the riven dispo changes are not live, they've edited their forum messages to say "shortly" or "upcoming hotfix" despite the ingame mail and initial posts saying "now" so y'know, classic DE

and for anyone who hasn't seen one what happens is all your rivens don't change attributes (if you have +multishot it's still +multishot) but the value will change - higher or lower based on the dispo going up or down. it's live, it's automatic, it's unavoidable. rerolling doesn't matter, the numbers just change on you immediately.