Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Harrow posted:

I'm also not a huge fan of that. I'm all for a play style that has a lot going on, but I generally recoil from the jobs that feel like they just have a bunch of things thrown in just so that there are more things for a player to screw up. For example, a lot of the DoTs or +5% damage self=buffs that DPS jobs have just feel totally unnecessary and like they're just there to give you more timers to keep track of. For SMN, DoTs are a core part of how you play, so they're cool, but did SAM really need a DoT? Does MNK? That's the kind of thing I wonder about and wonder if they'll ever scale back on as they revise the jobs/battle system with each expansion.

Most of the simple 1-button, DoT and forget attacks have been removed which seems like a good idea to me. A couple one button maintenance actions are still around like heavy thrust, which I'm neutral with. The SAM DoT, though, I find an integral part of the rotation mechanics and think it's one of the better ones. It's not an ability that you just hit after every other rotation. Using it has an opportunity and resource cost. It's flexible around high SS or low SS builds, as you can modify your rotation to fit it in well either way.

A lot of the other ones like DRG and MNK just happen as a result of doing your 2 or 3 rotation sets properly, and I still find them positive additions. In the MNK case, it's the stronger hit from the stance, but you need to let the dot tick. You don't need to really think about them, since you just alternate combos with DRG and have 3, I think, sets you do with MNK in order each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
For the record, MNK has three 18 second timers to keep track of on their GCD, and then 30, 40, 60, and 90 for oGCDs. I find it to be fun, fast, and engaging. vOv

You can nominally do the right rotations and remember to hit your oGCDs and wind up doing enough damage that is 100% satisfactory for completing content. It’s kind of difficult for any DPS job to not hit 4.5kish DPS unless if you’re not nothing doing your rotation at all. Clipping your DOTs, debuffs, or buffs isn’t the end of the world; however, you’re leaving 2-3k DPS on the table.

Yes, it’s ultimately plate spinning, but all of the classes have different rotations and timers to keep track of, and therefore different speeds and play styles. The classes also provide different utility for groups depending on your composition.

Phone fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 2, 2019

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Ciaphas posted:

I like playing WHM but feeling absolutely responsible for wipes (and it sometimes actually being true :v:) kinda sucks

This is how I feel too playing WHM. I'm nearing the end of the HW content and it feels like I'm dying once per dungeon because, well, these are the first time I'm doing these, and it sucks when it happens. On the other hand, it makes the ones I complete the first time without wiping feel awesome.

Overall I'm finding pugs to be pretty chill as well though; I die, we wipe, I apologise and they're like "it's cool, we'll get it this time," and then we do. Have met a lot of tanks who are also pretty upfront if they weren't on top of something and it got me killed too. I always try to communicate with the tank; the groups where the tank is talkative are the ones that usually get done without anyone dying since we're all on the the same page.

I will also admit the responsibility is worth putting up with for sub-5-minute queues.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Bruteman posted:

This is how I feel too playing WHM. I'm nearing the end of the HW content and it feels like I'm dying once per dungeon because, well, these are the first time I'm doing these, and it sucks when it happens. On the other hand, it makes the ones I complete the first time without wiping feel awesome.

Overall I'm finding pugs to be pretty chill as well though; I die, we wipe, I apologise and they're like "it's cool, we'll get it this time," and then we do. Have met a lot of tanks who are also pretty upfront if they weren't on top of something and it got me killed too. I always try to communicate with the tank; the groups where the tank is talkative are the ones that usually get done without anyone dying since we're all on the the same page.

I will also admit the responsibility is worth putting up with for sub-5-minute queues.

Keep at it, attitudes like yours are always refreshing. The community of FFXIV is great but you still run into a lot of douchey people in dungeons and raids so never stop being positive.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Harrow posted:

That's one of those things that I sometimes feel like is an intentional choice that's meant to add complexity for the sake of complexity. In this case, it's adding another potential point of failure to the rotation, a thing that you can forget to do and as a result not do as well.

I'm also not a huge fan of that. I'm all for a play style that has a lot going on, but I generally recoil from the jobs that feel like they just have a bunch of things thrown in just so that there are more things for a player to screw up. For example, a lot of the DoTs or +5% damage self=buffs that DPS jobs have just feel totally unnecessary and like they're just there to give you more timers to keep track of. For SMN, DoTs are a core part of how you play, so they're cool, but did SAM really need a DoT? Does MNK? That's the kind of thing I wonder about and wonder if they'll ever scale back on as they revise the jobs/battle system with each expansion.

I'm also aware that there are plenty of players who like that this game works like that and would see the above paragraph as me begging for the game to be made more boring or a one-button rotation or something, so I dunno.

I think the big issue is that complexity usually needs a good payoff to make you want to do it, and in the case of machinist there's really not much. They're bound to the DPS they do because bard exists, barely doing more personal DPS. I really never cared too much to find out how they compare with raid DPS because of that.

Another big aspect of those things you keep up is for MOST jobs they're a meaningful part of your rotation. All of monks upkeep will happen naturally from moving between the different routes of your combo. The timing of them gives you a sort of alternating rotation where you should end up reapplying everything as they're coming off. When it works out you don't ever feel like you're having to remember to keep it up because it feels much more natural.

For MCH you have to use hot shot every 60 seconds (making it easy to forget as it has no other interaction), keep your turret out and in the right position (easy to forget because of how little interaction you have with it after the first placement), and keep gauss barrel on when overheat takes it off (really easy to forget because that's the only reason it's an active now). Gauss barrel used to also have an actual big and noticeable effect with turning off your autos and adding a cast time. I feel like if that was still a thing with heat it probably wouldn't feel as superfluous, but a lot of people are happy that there's no cast times anymore.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Keep at it, attitudes like yours are always refreshing. The community of FFXIV is great but you still run into a lot of douchey people in dungeons and raids so never stop being positive.

:ironicat:

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Verranicus posted:

One of my favorite things, when i'm running LDR and get a sprout tank, is coaching them and pointing out things they may not know. As soon as I mention that I have all the tanks at 70, they're usually willing to listen even if they're a little reticent at first. I try not to be condescending and just try to teach them stuff, like that Provoke doesn't work the way it does in a lot of MMOs, that running through mobs and spinning is a good way to pull, and that keeping monsters still makes melee DPS' life easier when its possible. I always try to link them to the tank guide image that's been floating around for ages and is still regularly updates, here:

Only very rarely does anyone get upset about a little coaching, and more often than not I'll get a few comms as DPS for being so mentor-y (I do not and never will have a crown).

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh, that tank swap bit is so loving out of date.

It was out of date from SB launch, and it's still gonna get people killed when they do snekboidad EX.

(incidentally, I only just recently found out, Seiryu sounds like a snekdad in EN VA, whereas all this time I've been calling him snekboi because he sounds like an adolescent in JP VA.)

Most of the rest of it is sound, though, excepting a few bits. Off the top of my head, you want to also park mobs into Earthly Star as well as standing it in it yourself, because when it detonates, it also does damage to enemies.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 2, 2019

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Marathanes posted:

One of my favorite things, when i'm running LDR and get a sprout tank, is coaching them and pointing out things they may not know. As soon as I mention that I have all the tanks at 70, they're usually willing to listen even if they're a little reticent at first. I try not to be condescending and just try to teach them stuff, like that Provoke doesn't work the way it does in a lot of MMOs, that running through mobs and spinning is a good way to pull, and that keeping monsters still makes melee DPS' life easier when its possible. I always try to link them to the tank guide image that's been floating around for ages and is still regularly updates, here:

Only very rarely does anyone get upset about a little coaching, and more often than not I'll get a few comms as DPS for being so mentor-y (I do not and never will have a crown).

Yeah, some brief and friendly advice is rarely shouted down and the types that get butthurt over it are usually pricks anyway. It's when people have an attitude about it (intended or not) that parties start turning on each other. Thankfully I stick to DPS so I'm usually in the background but there've been a few times when my wife (primarily heals) and I would be running something new to her and people would be total shitters if she made a mistake or didn't know a mechanic the first time around. That sort of crap doesn't help anyone.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Leveling whm is probably the most fun I've had in ffxiv tbh. You're just a god in 4 man content

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Most of the simple 1-button, DoT and forget attacks have been removed which seems like a good idea to me. A couple one button maintenance actions are still around like heavy thrust, which I'm neutral with. The SAM DoT, though, I find an integral part of the rotation mechanics and think it's one of the better ones. It's not an ability that you just hit after every other rotation. Using it has an opportunity and resource cost. It's flexible around high SS or low SS builds, as you can modify your rotation to fit it in well either way.

A lot of the other ones like DRG and MNK just happen as a result of doing your 2 or 3 rotation sets properly, and I still find them positive additions. In the MNK case, it's the stronger hit from the stance, but you need to let the dot tick. You don't need to really think about them, since you just alternate combos with DRG and have 3, I think, sets you do with MNK in order each time.

Dryzen posted:

Another big aspect of those things you keep up is for MOST jobs they're a meaningful part of your rotation. All of monks upkeep will happen naturally from moving between the different routes of your combo. The timing of them gives you a sort of alternating rotation where you should end up reapplying everything as they're coming off. When it works out you don't ever feel like you're having to remember to keep it up because it feels much more natural.

Both of you make really good points and yeah, I think you're right. The SAM and MNK DoTs, in particular, I shouldn't have called out--you're right that they end up being a natural part of the combo rotation. In fact, that's something I like a lot about both of those classes. They both have a really nice flow to them because of how their combos link together. I'm particularly a fan of MNK's branching combos driven by stances instead of a strict Ability 1 -> Ability 2 -> Ability 3 progression.

The jobs I struggle with most really are the ranged physical DPS ones, BRD and MCH. BRD, in particular, feels needlessly complex to me. I acknowledge that's probably just me, though. It's nice that you can refresh both DoTs together, but I still don't like having to keep track of DoTs, a self-buff, and multiple different sets of procs based on which song you're currently singing, along with a bunch of oGCDs unrelated to procs, while also trying to remember that I have support abilities I should be using to make things easier on the tank and healers. The problem I have there, I think, is that while SAM and MNK have their combos as a sort of "guide" towards the correct rotation, BRD doesn't, and the whole thing just feels hectic to me in an unpleasant way.

That's probably just me, though, and I also definitely wouldn't want every job to be as straightforward as RDM.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

BRD is actually pretty straightforward imo. Toss up your crit buff, throw up your dots, sing a song, then spam heavy shot, pressing other buttons as they light up. Only mage's requires that you pay attention to procs to minimize wasted refreshes since army's just passively speeds up your gcd and wanderer's makes a pretty distinct sound when you should hit pitch perfect. Plus the crit buff and your dots have the same duration by 64, so they wind up effectively just being one timer to keep track of.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh, that tank swap bit is so loving out of date.

It was out of date from SB launch, and it's still gonna get people killed when they do snekboidad EX.

:goonsay:

It's good enough for the non-progression raiding population, and it's good enough to teach newbies the basics. Some mechanics can't be easily generalized, so yeah you have to pick them up as you go, but I've never had much trouble tank swapping in the few cases, where its even needed anymore in casual content, by doing pretty much exactly what's listed there.

That said, I've also never done current tier EX content / savage raiding, so, it's me, the well meaning, non-progression casual that represents the vast majority of the population.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

BRD is actually pretty straightforward imo. Toss up your crit buff, throw up your dots, sing a song, then spam heavy shot, pressing other buttons as they light up. Only mage's requires that you pay attention to procs to minimize wasted refreshes since army's just passively speeds up your gcd and wanderer's makes a pretty distinct sound when you should hit pitch perfect. Plus the crit buff and your dots have the same duration by 64, so they wind up effectively just being one timer to keep track of.

It being straightforward doesn't mean it's not a lot of stuff. It's what keeps me from really enjoying bard.

Main reason I'm excited for SHB is the possibility of a physical ranged DPS I actually like to play, and after samurai and red mage I think they'll nail it.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
BRD is one of those classes where it pays to pull one of your abilities out on a big button so you can be sure that you're hitting it on cd. The support abilities are definitely a whole other thing to think about but the good news is that you can basically just throw them on the tank or healer or use on refresh and be in the quintile.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I love that the tank guide still mentions Anantaboga.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I leveled MCH from 30 to 51 in the past couple weeks. I expected to dislike it from all the hate, but I rather enjoy it? I have SCH/SMN and DRK at 70 and do normal raids as a SCH. It's somewhat simpler than SMN and yet still engaging unlike RDM for me.

I am excited for a complete overhaul in ShB though. It has a very clunky feel that can certainly be smoothed out.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

SonicRulez posted:

Everybody should read tool tips. The Suiton one is very clear.

It's clear now, but before they changed it, Suiton's tooltip just said "Grants Suiton". If you didn't scroll over the buff icon after using it, you'd have no idea what that actually meant. Which is why Suiton was changed to actually tell you what it does.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My only gripe as I'm levelling WHM now is that Divine Benison eats up your lilies. I want to give my tank a shield pre-pull and have reduced CDs on my Assize/Asylum!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I wouldn't stress about 1, 4 or 9 seconds.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I really hope the updates make WHM fun. I can't bring myself to level it and its loving up all my healer cheevos

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
MCH unlocks gauss barrel and heat at 52, you haven't hit the worst stage yet. But you unlock overheating next level; heated shots at 64 to really use heat for anything, 66 to regulate it somewhat reliably and 70 to hit overheat at-will.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Leveling crafting classes on an alt character.

CUL is a gently caress, 410,757,864,530 occupied inventory slots

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

Leveling crafting classes on an alt character.

CUL is a gently caress, 410,757,864,530 occupied inventory slots

Please seek professional help :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I did a LLDR as Dark Knight after not playing it for months and I didn't realize I had Darkside off until halfway through

please kill me

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Blockhouse posted:

I did a LLDR as Dark Knight after not playing it for months and I didn't realize I had Darkside off until halfway through

please kill me

It's okay. That's just your brain desperately trying to stop processing that awful red aura.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Any tips/tools for completing fishing log and crafting log?

Besides not doing it

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

DontMindMe posted:

Any tips/tools for tackling fishing log and crafting log?

Besides not doing it

Do your homework and have a lot of free time, a lot of collectibles/high level stuff is time gated.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

DontMindMe posted:

Besides not doing it

orcane posted:

Please seek professional help :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Impermanent posted:

I really hope the updates make WHM fun. I can't bring myself to level it and its loving up all my healer cheevos

Just get to level 45 and it's a bunch of fun

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

After finding most of the DPS classes in the game "okay" at best -- like some others have posted, a lot of them have what feels to me like "plate spinning for the sake of having plate spinning" -- I've really taken to Dragoon. So many of its attacks are just fun to use, and the extra mind-game of "this might kill me if I press it at the wrong time" is pretty fun. Add an extra dose of mobility and the ability to burst pretty hard and it's a great package. Everything feels like it has a real purpose.

Still leveling, but I think I actually like it more than tanking, and it might become my secret main with WAR and PLD just for queues...

(I have RDM at 70 too but only for soloing things.)

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

DontMindMe posted:

Besides not doing it

Crafting log is pretty straightforwardly just going though and checking off everything. Note that there's a bunch of 50-starred stuff that actually counts for completion and requires mats from unspoiled nodes, so start gathering darksteel ore/gold ore/silkworm cocoon now. http://www.ffxiv-gathering.com/20.php is your friend. You're also going to need approximately a billion granite for housing items; hope you have a mining retainer. HW crafting is also pretty awful in terms of having to gather lots of hidden/timed mats. If you're just going for the glowy tools you get to skip ~10 items per class; use this to avoid some of the glam/housing items that have expensive mats. If you plan on doing alchemist you're going to need to deal with all the items made with flowers; if you grow them yourself it'll take several weeks. Assuming you go slow enough or have enough retainer+inventory space to hang on to housing/glamour items long enough for them to sell in slow markets, you will probably come out gil-neutral or gil-positive, especially if you can also desynth things, but expect to have to spend ~5-10 million gil initially even if you're doing almost all the gathering yourself.

For fishing log bounce around between https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Fishing_Log, http://ff14angler.com, and http://ff14fish.carbuncleplushy.com. You will need to do both big fishing and spearfishing, unfortunately.

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 3, 2019

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

jalapeno_dude posted:

Crafting log is pretty straightforwardly just going though and checking off everything. Note that there's a bunch of 50-starred stuff that actually counts for completion and requires mats from unspoiled nodes, so start gathering darksteel ore/gold ore/silkworm cocoon now. http://www.ffxiv-gathering.com/20.php is your friend. You're also going to need approximately a billion granite for housing items; hope you have a mining retainer. HW crafting is also pretty awful in terms of having to gather lots of hidden/timed mats. If you're just going for the glowy tools you get to skip ~10 items per class; use this to avoid some of the glam/housing items that have expensive mats. If you plan on doing alchemist you're going to need to deal with all the items made with flowers; if you grow them yourself it'll take several weeks. Assuming you go slow enough or have enough retainer+inventory space to hang on to housing/glamour items long enough for them to sell in slow markets, you will probably come out gil-neutral or gil-positive, especially if you can also desynth things, but expect to have to spend ~5-10 million gil initially even if you're doing almost all the gathering yourself.

For fishing log bounce around between https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Fishing_Log, http://ff14angler.com, and http://ff14fish.carbuncleplushy.com. You will need to do both big fishing and spearfishing, unfortunately.

Thanks for info. If I read correctly, I don't need to worry about mastery items. Are there any other sections that can be ignored?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You know, leveling crafters 1-50 isn't actually all that bad if you got several hundred thousand grand saved up. NPCs sell basically everything that is also used in leve turn ins, and the leve gil payouts can help defray the costs. Sure you aren't ~*~maximizing~*~ your xp with HQ turn ins, but if you're below 50 you aren't likely to be HQ'ing your crafts anyways.

All my proceeds from the hilariously inflated silver ore prices is covering this :v:

E: Except for loving CULINARY :byodood:

E2: Linen chausses ran me 2,055 gil. Leve paid out 414 gil for 41k xp. That was roughly a third of my xp bar, so nearly 5k to go from 32-33. Sometimes you get 5 flax as a reward, and those are going for 250 gil a pop. Suddenly that leve ran you just under 400 gil.

Leal fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 3, 2019

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

And yet every time I tell goons to open their wallets to level crafters they get mad at me. If I was these goons, I would simply stop being poor, allowing me to buy my way to max level.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Harrow posted:

That's one of those things that I sometimes feel like is an intentional choice that's meant to add complexity for the sake of complexity. In this case, it's adding another potential point of failure to the rotation, a thing that you can forget to do and as a result not do as well.

Frankly, I doubt it was an intentional choice to that degree. I'm sure at least 80% of the logic behind that was "Gauss Barrel was a big thing in Heavensward, and we have the whole fancy graphic and everything already, so what can we do with it now that we're reworking MCH for Stormblood?" If it hadn't been for its value as a "legacy button" it probably would've just been a passive trait.

Enochian is a little similar for BLM. Originally conceived of as a separate buff you have to keep up with Blizzard 4, it was later revamped to always be up as long as you don't drop out of Astral Fire/Umbral Ice entirely. The penalty for letting it drop off was also given to Foul. So... why does it still need to be a button? It's a buff you will have on 100% of the time. It has no real reason to exist anymore, but since it was originally an active skill they're reluctant to demote it to passive.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 3, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bleu posted:

And yet every time I tell goons to open their wallets to level crafters they get mad at me. If I was these goons, I would simply stop being poor, allowing me to buy my way to max level.

I realize saying "multiple 100k" sounds bad, but this was with an alt in the low 60s and the proceeds from selling quest rewards. But you wont even need that much, I'm sure you could do it with 20k start up funds. Buy 99 of lumber, ingots, cloth and leather from all the guild NPCs and do completion until about level 20 then start doing leves and buying the turn ins.

E: Once you hit 25-30 gsm and miner you can practically buy a level by making a single silver ingot. Thank you Yoshi P for never putting silver ore or ingots on NPCs, also gently caress you for not putting dew thread in the sylph shop.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Xalidur posted:

After finding most of the DPS classes in the game "okay" at best -- like some others have posted, a lot of them have what feels to me like "plate spinning for the sake of having plate spinning" -- I've really taken to Dragoon. So many of its attacks are just fun to use, and the extra mind-game of "this might kill me if I press it at the wrong time" is pretty fun. Add an extra dose of mobility and the ability to burst pretty hard and it's a great package. Everything feels like it has a real purpose.

Still leveling, but I think I actually like it more than tanking, and it might become my secret main with WAR and PLD just for queues...

(I have RDM at 70 too but only for soloing things.)

Yup, my tanks are also only for queues, going to main dancer when it comes out.

Also, anyone have an fc with space for another person on midgardsormr? I just got back into the game.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Leal posted:

I realize saying "multiple 100k" sounds bad, but this was with an alt in the low 60s and the proceeds from selling quest rewards. But you wont even need that much, I'm sure you could do it with 20k start up funds. Buy 99 of lumber, ingots, cloth and leather from all the guild NPCs and do completion until about level 20 then start doing leves and buying the turn ins.

E: Once you hit 25-30 gsm and miner you can practically buy a level by making a single silver ingot. Thank you Yoshi P for never putting silver ore or ingots on NPCs, also gently caress you for not putting dew thread in the sylph shop.

Shards are what's making on my server. 600k for 3 to 5 thousand and hardly anyone is selling small stacks and if they are, they are {smartly} pricing them over the bulks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I just want to complain for a moment: I did a World of Darkness ADR earlier and it was, by a significant margin, the worst 23 players I've ever been matched with. Wiped multiple times, people got killed by basically every single mechanic in the raid. I'm no master healer but even I can generally snooze heal through one of these and it was a bloodbath. Our tank, despite being geared in 380-405 stuff, melted like crazy but insisted on main tanking. Especially once the other parties called him out on being bad and he doubled down. I generally try not to be outright mean to other players, but mea culpa, he died on the last fight and myself and the other healer just left him dead - he asked for a raise and I said "you're easier to manage where you are" and he did not care for it.