Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Ehh, judging by the many likes and retweets of various left-leaning causes and opinions on Alex's part, I'm willing to bet this was just a fluke. Alex doesn't seem to follow EVS on Twitter. It might have just been a mis-click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Name doesn't ring a bell but a cursory Google does show recent comic credits, so

https://twitter.com/talkalot_360/status/1112302221423792134?s=19

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He did some Suicide Squad stuff that was 100% forgettable and a bunch of random poo poo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Spare a prayer or a kind thought of Kwanza Osajyefo, the guy behind BLACK (the 'what if only black people had superpowers' graphic novel). He got doxxed by the Farms.

https://twitter.com/kwanzer/status/1112370617540661249

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Spare a prayer or a kind thought of Kwanza Osajyefo, the guy behind BLACK (the 'what if only black people had superpowers' graphic novel). He got doxxed by the Farms.

KF is a vile hellhole. Do they still have the rule that you can doxx anyone except the site owner?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
kf is a site entirely dedicated to doxxing people so i wouldnt doubt it

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What the gently caress. What possible reason would anyone have to doxx that guy (lol white supremacy eh?)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
KF is 4chan in dress shoes

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

What the gently caress. What possible reason would anyone have to doxx that guy (lol white supremacy eh?)

He has Wrong Opinions and melanin.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Puppy Time posted:

He has Wrong Opinions and melanin.

Specifically he's one of Dickie's pet hates because a) Dickie is a racist and b) the "only reason anyone cares is he's black." Special shout-out to another of Kwanzer's haters BlackCap27 who is totally a black dude and not some tubby white guy playing a grand game of pretend.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Probably also doesn't help that kwanza has a multi series universe of comics written by multiple authors about a world where only black people have super powers that's been optioned by a movie studio while dickie and evs have essentially jackshit

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Probably also doesn't help that kwanza has a multi series universe of comics written by multiple authors about a world where only black people have super powers that's been optioned by a movie studio while dickie and evs have essentially jackshit

EVS will have something, honestly he will, he just needs people to pay his next three go fund me's for the same book that was supposed to be out last November

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I really, really want them to all start hyping up Battletoads or something, since they love their frogs, and then Microsoft is like "by the way all three Battletoads are either gay, trans, or super hardcore left wing. Which is which? Play the game to find out!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got a Twitter follow request from @treadcomics who is publishing something called "Thomas Jefferson is The Federalist" which, uh, they have a much higher opinion of their art skills than I do. I can't actually tell if they're pro-CG since they're not really saying anything

https://twitter.com/treadcomics/status/1075740533610438656

https://twitter.com/treadcomics/status/1071935626784792576

https://twitter.com/treadcomics/status/1087336977920376832

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like standard local indie comics.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Thomas Jefferson...wasn’t a Federalist, though? He was a Democratic-Republican? He ran against the Federalists? Or is that :thejoke:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Phylodox posted:

Thomas Jefferson...wasn’t a Federalist, though? He was a Democratic-Republican? He ran against the Federalists? Or is that :thejoke:

You're dealing with insane chuds, they still think Jefferson was an evangelical christian

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Why must you show this thing to me?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I think the third page looks kind of good, compared to the other two at least-- is the interior artist the same as whoever drew that Tom Baker?

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Phylodox posted:

I had to look it up (why do I do these things to myself).

A sad kickstarter posted:

The series follows the Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Great Illegitimate Grandson of President Thomas Jefferson.

The man shares the same name as the man he despises. Former Preacher, Navy S.E.A.L and current Professor at Georgetown University; Thomas Jefferson sets out to correct wrongs in a world that has tipped too far in political corruption.

Thomas Jefferson adopts the name, The Federalist, after the party of President John Adams, who the original Thomas Jefferson served as Vice President and beat to become the 3rd President of the United States.

Full of political intrigue and thought provoking, Thomas Jefferson Is The Federalist is a new take on the classic Patriotic Super Hero.

I guess the character doesn't like Jefferson much, so it's probably a "gently caress you" of sorts, although that might be giving it too much credit without reading it, especially given the weirdly phrased explanation. I don't have any clue as to what Tread Comics is as I only pop in and out of this thread, but this looks like pretty low-hanging fruit and more of an appeal to South Park centrism than anything else.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1113152798605107206

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1113182497876176896

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1113155022169280512?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
was she in the hospital or something

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

site posted:

was she in the hospital or something

She got mass-reported by CGers for nothing and ate a short suspension.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Was the suspension overturned or did it just reach its end? I can't really make heads or tails of it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wanderer posted:

oh right, forgot about that

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Regenerated into an Oompa Loompa, I like it.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

That's the wax Tom Baker from The Five Doctors and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JordanKai posted:

Was the suspension overturned or did it just reach its end? I can't really make heads or tails of it.

It was a permanent one and got over turned.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Wanderer posted:

To clarify: Renfamous was banned from Twitter because they politely corrected a transphobe who called them a man. The fact that Twitter staff looked at this and didn’t ignore it, however many reports there were, tells you everything you need to know about the place.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Archyduchess posted:

I think the third page looks kind of good, compared to the other two at least-- is the interior artist the same as whoever drew that Tom Baker?

Pretty sure it is, and I'm pretty sure they just applied Photoshop filters a photo of the MLK monument in DC.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Vince MechMahon posted:

It was a permanent one and got over turned.

My first instinct is to say "that's awesome!" but she never should've been banned for those tweets in the first place. So I guess I'm just glad the ban got overturned.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CG was super excited. Now they are :smith:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Jedit posted:

To clarify: Renfamous was banned from Twitter because they politely corrected a transphobe who called them a man. The fact that Twitter staff looked at this and didn’t ignore it, however many reports there were, tells you everything you need to know about the place.

Like most tech sites. There is no personal oversight. They put all faith in ~THE ALGORITHM~, blessings be upon her name. They basically treat it like a sheep pen where they let the sheep dog do all the work. 'Cept the sheep dog is lazy and suffering from rabbies. And, when it goes inevitably wrong, they claim no responsbility for their foolishness.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Covok posted:

Like most tech sites. There is no personal oversight. They put all faith in ~THE ALGORITHM~, blessings be upon her name. They basically treat it like a sheep pen where they let the sheep dog do all the work. 'Cept the sheep dog is lazy and suffering from rabbies. And, when it goes inevitably wrong, they claim no responsbility for their foolishness.

Tech is riddled with chuds, they just are a lot smarter than the average egg on twitter, so they simply do poo poo behind the scenes.

https://www.thestranger.com/news/2017/10/04/25451102/we-snuck-into-seattles-super-secret-white-nationalist-convention

The rear end in a top hat who got fired from Google is just the tip of the iceberg.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ironkodiak/status/1113559061163909120

EVS sure does love his whole "three consecutive fundraisers means I have the biggest crowd-funded comic ever."

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol to both of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/ironkodiak/status/1113559061163909120

EVS sure does love his whole "three consecutive fundraisers means I have the biggest crowd-funded comic ever."

I want even useless measures by which he is wrong like page size or number of updates.