Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Monaghan posted:

Kars survived being submerged in Lava and can likely do some absolutely crazy poo poo with his super power hamon.

Also no way in Hell is part 3 dio beating Kars. Kira's a maybe since he can just blow Kars up, I guess.

Esidisi swallowed a stick of dynamite no problemo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah but Killer Queen literally makes you the bomb that leaves nothing less. Basically turns things into antimatter and lets physics do the rest.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Can DIO actually do anything to kill Kars even if he could stop time for a protracted period? Dropping heavy machinery on him doesn't seem like it's gonna do it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Half of Dracula posted:

Can DIO actually do anything to kill Kars even if he could stop time for a protracted period? Dropping heavy machinery on him doesn't seem like it's gonna do it.

not really, which is why Dio's hosed. Kars would only need to play defense until the sun rises.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Monaghan posted:

not really, which is why Dio's hosed. Kars would only need to play defense until the sun rises.

Dio's not far away from learning to permanently stop time. He literally has all the time in the world to find a way to kill/banish Kars. A few stolen nukes would at least get him into orbit.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
all kars has to do is get his bone blades into dios skull

Darth Walrus posted:

Dio's not far away from learning to permanently stop time. He literally has all the time in the world to find a way to kill/banish Kars. A few stolen nukes would at least get him into orbit.
Ten seconds is a hell of a long way from Permanently

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

We don't really know how tough Kars was, only that he was immune to hamon and anything normal human strength could have thrown at him. Maybe a stand as strong as The World could have just took him apart. Who knows how strong his regenerative abilities were.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

all kars has to do is get his bone blades into dios skull

Ten seconds is a hell of a long way from Permanently

It's a psychological hurdle since he doesn't need to breathe. Once he's got over that, he should be fine.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Remember that for all of Kars' abilities, ultimately all the Stone Mask does is unleash the potential of the brain. Destroying his brain will kill him. If DIO just stops time and crushes his head Kars will die.

Also, if he actually remembered that he has vampire abilities too, he could freeze him.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
None of them could beat Freeza.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
While Kars did fall in a volcano, he had to do quick thinking to do whatever air pocket insulation trick he did to survive. This implies that he wouldn't have survived otherwise and he's not completely indestructible.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It also shows hes really good at using his powerset to keep himself alive from seemingly impossible odds. Like even Joseph admits to himself he only won from stupid luck

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Rohan vs Kars, who wins?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rohan since Rohan has one of the most OP stands in existence, second only to the rock paper scissors kid.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SpartanIvy posted:

Rohan vs Kars, who wins?

Trick question, they'd be best buds.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sesq posted:

While Kars did fall in a volcano, he had to do quick thinking to do whatever air pocket insulation trick he did to survive. This implies that he wouldn't have survived otherwise and he's not completely indestructible.

yeah and if time is stopped he can't put up the protection. time stop is one of the few things he isn't invincible against

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tetracube posted:

yeah and if time is stopped he can't put up the protection. time stop is one of the few things he isn't invincible against

I seriously wonder this. We know that time stop users can activate it even when time is stopped, as Jotaro himself did, and Jotaro seemed to get that he had that power while time was stopped in the first place. Kars explicitely has every ability of every living being on Earth - this means that he should be able to utilize every Stand. Furthermore, he should be able to stop time even better than DIO can, due to his Ultimate Lifeform body being way above a vampire body.

It's entirely possible that Kars could learn how to stop time entirely from seeing DIO do it, then counter The World with his own The World - Ultimate Lifeform version.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Look George Joestar answered these questions. He has all the stands. Including King Crimson.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ChaseSP posted:

Look George Joestar answered these questions. He has all the stands. Including King Crimson.

And we shouldn't talk about George Joestar here because it has massive spoilers for this and future parts.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's jorge joestar

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

George geostar

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Glagha posted:

We don't really know how tough Kars was, only that he was immune to hamon and anything normal human strength could have thrown at him. Maybe a stand as strong as The World could have just took him apart. Who knows how strong his regenerative abilities were.

I again would like to point out that he survived being thrown into lava.

I mean he had to make the shield, sure, but he was in there for a good while instead of dying immediately.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Kars is still out there alive in the vacuum of space. He's catatonic from the maddening isolation but he never died.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

AnEdgelord posted:

He did say he had the power to replicate any ability a living thing had and then mastered Hamon in ten seconds so hed probably just make one after he knew what they were.

I was always kind of curious what it would end up being.

Ive always thought his stand would be called Queen of the Stone Age.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Ive always thought his stand would be called Queen of the Stone Age.

Taste the wrath of my stand! Regent of the Neolithic Period!

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

I seriously wonder this. We know that time stop users can activate it even when time is stopped, as Jotaro himself did, and Jotaro seemed to get that he had that power while time was stopped in the first place. Kars explicitely has every ability of every living being on Earth - this means that he should be able to utilize every Stand. Furthermore, he should be able to stop time even better than DIO can, due to his Ultimate Lifeform body being way above a vampire body.

It's entirely possible that Kars could learn how to stop time entirely from seeing DIO do it, then counter The World with his own The World - Ultimate Lifeform version.

Stands existed before part 3 as the abilities of gifted psychics. Kars didnt use any stand powers against Joseph as far as we can tell.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tir McDohl posted:

Stands existed before part 3 as the abilities of gifted psychics. Kars didnt use any stand powers against Joseph as far as we can tell.

Kars used Earth Wind and Fire a lot. He just didn't call it that because aliens don't know American music.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Remember when Jonathan fought Yukako's ancestor?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tir McDohl posted:

As far as we can tell, Kars had no idea Stands existed. After all, even if he crossed a Stand User in his life, he had no way to actually perceive Stands, at least before he became the Ultimate Lifeform.

Had he learned about Stands, and created his own (which he should be able to do as the Ultimate Lifeform) then he'd probably be flat-out invincible.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

LightningKimba posted:

Funny, a friend of mine pointed out that Giorno is basically "That's how mafia works", and I'm surprised I haven't seen meme material based on that.

https://twitter.com/g0m/status/1081273458133209091

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

What if his ultimate life form powers were actually a stand given to him by the mask

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

What if his ultimate life form powers were actually a stand given to him by the mask

I could believe that.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

What would happen if Kars' stand was Cheap Trick?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I thank ya for this.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

As far as we can tell, Kars had no idea Stands existed. After all, even if he crossed a Stand User in his life, he had no way to actually perceive Stands, at least before he became the Ultimate Lifeform.

Had he learned about Stands, and created his own (which he should be able to do as the Ultimate Lifeform) then he'd probably be flat-out invincible.

My last argument against Kars being able to make a stand is that he seemed to have the ability to take on what appeared to be mostly physical characteristics. Stands are a power of the soul/spirit, as far as I can tell, and most people gained the power through being shot by a mystical arrow. I dont know if he just gets to have a stand for being The Ultimate Thing.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Tir McDohl posted:

My last argument against Kars being able to make a stand is that he seemed to have the ability to take on what appeared to be mostly physical characteristics. Stands are a power of the soul/spirit, as far as I can tell, and most people gained the power through being shot by a mystical arrow. I dont know if he just gets to have a stand for being The Ultimate Thing.

He could do Hamon just fine and that was explicitly a supernatural thing.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Quote is not edit

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The stuff Kars did only felt limiting to me because they were new to him and he was winging it super duper hard. "I guess I'll uh.... make my hand a squirrel or something that'll show em". Give in a little bit and he'd probably be doing way more than just transforming into stuff.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Cheap Trick just rips off your back, if you're immortal it shouldn't really matter. Dio/a vampire/a pillar man could probably survive it too.

vvv Oh wait, I forgot about that part. I dunno then.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Kars would live, but he'd be shrunk into a beef jerky thing like that other guy, I guess.