Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sarada gets to meet her real mom finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Wonder if Karin bit Sakura's umblical cord to separate her from Sarada. Still not sure why her DNA was on that... Even as a doctor she should have been wearing gloves.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Teek posted:

Wonder if Karin bit Sakura's umblical cord to separate her from Sarada. Still not sure why her DNA was on that... Even as a doctor she should have been wearing gloves.

Suigetsu was testing Sarada's DNA against her own umbilical cord.

Because he's a dumbass.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Ahh, okay. Forgot, thought he testing it against Karin's.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Standard stuff that happens when you let the thug hired to protect the front door start playing with lab equipment.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
New OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLtVpAAm4w

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Flytrap posted:

Suigetsu was testing Sarada's DNA against her own umbilical cord.

Because he's a dumbass.

To be fair it's not weird to assume the umbilical cord your coworker keeps in a little box in her desk belongs to said coworker.

What's even weirder is that he knew it was even there, although I guess watercooler chat in Orochimaru's lair is pretty out there.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

man they really owned me by not using it on ep 100 of all things. excited to see this when i get to the new ep today

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There’s a new ED as well. As for the episode itself, as I assumed Bird Guy was in on it the whole time (in fact he appears to be our primary antagonist for this arc). Nice to see Suigetsu and Karin again as well.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

The new OP is really good, much better than the previous OP.

Looks like Konohamaru realized something was wrong and escaped. It's gonna be pretty interesting to see how this plays out. I could see the "bird expert" doing it For Science!, and not being technically evil. Like the doctor in Hidden Stone.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Karin as the crazy but cool aunt is great. Suigetsu got attacked by Nue because, duh, he's still a bad guy. New OP is good.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
All this talk of family reminded me of something....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to VAGUELY remember that Karin and Naruto are distant blood relations through his mother.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 8, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

All this talk of family reminded me of something....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to VAGUELY remember that Karin and Naruto are distant blood relations through his mother.

they are, but this was never actually addressed.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Right, as soon as I go checking the wikia, I notice I'd forgotten Karin's last name, it's Uzumaki. I mean, it's kind of weird that the manga and anime haven't made a point of it, though I would assume it's been covered in a light novel somewhere.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Wasn't Pain an Uzumaki too?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mraagvpeine posted:

Wasn't Pain an Uzumaki too?

He was. He probably couldn't have used Madara's Rinnegan without Uzumaki/Senju blood.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think any of those characters ever actually cared about the defunct clan they were descended from. still, karin and naruto could probably bond over their uncomfortable obsession with sasuke, the same way karin and sakura did.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Who would have thought that the guy who licks bird poo is batshit crazy?

Nice to see Karin make use of her Uzumaki abilities.

I was convinced in that one scene at the end, that Boruto would make use of his strange mark on his hand. Did we ever see this do something? Absorb chakra? Could this absorb the Curse Mark?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

So, it feels like Mitsuki is a jonin-class ninja just pretending to be a genin for now to stay close to his man-crush. Just based on the number of times he's off doing something else as not to overshadow Bort and Sarada.

Also, we have snake-Mengele, and rock-Mengele... can I call this one lick-Mengele?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hes clearly been holding back, he hasn't really used his Sage mode yet.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

rndmnmbr posted:

So, it feels like Mitsuki is a jonin-class ninja just pretending to be a genin for now to stay close to his man-crush. Just based on the number of times he's off doing something else as not to overshadow Bort and Sarada.

Also, we have snake-Mengele, and rock-Mengele... can I call this one lick-Mengele?

He took out Shino by himself in that one test where the new class had to go against Kakashi. Even if Shino is a pathetic human being, he was always a strong ninja. Mitsuki is definitely jonin tier.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

For a fun little six-episode arc that reintroduced some fan-favorite characters and featured sixty second of prime quality fight animation... why does the whole mess come off as flat and dull? I think this series is getting due for a hard status-quo shakeup.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

For a fun little six-episode arc that reintroduced some fan-favorite characters and featured sixty second of prime quality fight animation... why does the whole mess come off as flat and dull? I think this series is getting due for a hard status-quo shakeup.

Well Sumire did mention she was going to work for the Ninja Science Tool department at some point, which could possibly be a sign that we may be finally getting around to adapting some more manga content before long.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

rndmnmbr posted:

I don't think it was flat and dull, but it was also not better than just "fine". The Hidden Stone and the parent-child day arcs were certainly a lot better. They've focused on the mark on Boruto's hand a lot in the last few episodes, I was honestly expecting him to use it to suck out somebody's Curse Mark, and it's probably foreshadowing it playing a bigger role in time.

That said, next episode's preview looked like filler again, and I agree that we would need something more meaningful going forward.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The problem is the anime has caught up to where the next couple arcs in the manga start: one short, one long, and that one then leads directly in the current ongoing arc. Despite having a monthly issue length, the manga is proceeding at a snail's pace in what is still very much an expository stage.

The anime is kinda stuck spinning its wheels with these filler arcs, because the alternative is to go ahead with the manga stuff and end up in a back-half Shippuden situation.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
honestly as okay at best this arc was i still had more fun with it than i have with like 75% of the manga

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

To be fair the manga has been improving as of late (in my opinion anyway) but I’ve still been enjoying the anime exclusive arcs for the most part and am in no particular hurry to catch up.

Plus, it’s kind of hard to judge what constitutes as “filler” in this series as the Boruto anime and manga appear to be in canon with each other (for example, Sumire shows up briefly in the manga at one point and the setup for that eventual appearance happened in this very episode).

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
he keeps bort's photo near his pillow now, huh?

i support you, gay snake

RottenK fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 29, 2019

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Is it gay, though, if you only nominally understand and barely pay attention to such silly concepts like gender?

I mean, yeah Misuki is Bort-sexual, obviously, and I support that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

lol Recap Episode

But the next episodes should be fun.

It's adapting the Steam Ninja scrolls novel.

It's mostly just Gai and Kakashi dicking around while Mirai is a tryhard.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I have to admit, I was not prepared for that dynamic entry

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Got curious at this Kakashi, Guy and Mirai thing so I watched the last two episodes. Delightful stuff, Kakashi and Guy are the best couple.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Torrannor posted:

I have to admit, I was not prepared for that dynamic entry

I was slightly prepared because of your post, but in the end I absolutely wasn't prepared enough.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

You know, "Kakashi and Guy play ping-pong" should involve Guy with seven gates open, burning wreckage of an inn, survivors fleeing in a panic, and a minor international incident. It is Kakashi and Guy after all.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 27, 2019

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
You would think basic modesty would prevent somebody wearing only a robe from walking on their hands.

And Tenten is not only a horrible shinobi, but also a horrible person.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Please do not insult Tenten. She is a small business owner going through hard times.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Nobody has last names except for main characters.

Edit: Wow, next episode's preview made the whole thing 1000% more interesting! Shippuden dropped this plot thread entirely, I'm glad it's getting brought up again.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 9, 2019

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Manga is getting really interesting.

I'm not sure if we can discuss that openly because the anime is probably going to go that way eventually.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hamelekim posted:

Manga is getting really interesting.

I'm not sure if we can discuss that openly because the anime is probably going to go that way eventually.

Is there a manga thread? I personally don't care, this can be a Bort general thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not anymore I don’t think. It doesn’t really matter though, if you want to talk about the manga I’d say go ahead.