Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Having recently binged through FNL for the first time I was all about Texas Forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Swing and a miss on Munch Squad this week. I know he admits that it wasn’t planned, but that lack of planning takes what is usually a funny bit and makes it into just an advertisement for Dunkin. The Carl’s Jr. bit was a little better but still not great.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Keeping a blank birthday card in your glove box "in case of emergencies" is loving wild.

E: This ravioli question is the most tragic thing I've ever heard.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 2, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

C-Euro posted:

Keeping a blank birthday card in your glove box "in case of emergencies" is loving wild.
My mom had a box of genetic middle class white woman gifts (candles, art books, etc) in her closet to give to people on short notice when she forgot it was their birthday.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

PMush Perfect posted:

My mom had a box of genetic middle class white woman gifts (candles, art books, etc) in her closet to give to people on short notice when she forgot it was their birthday.

I love that this typo makes it into something white people are compelled to do by their biology

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Colonel Whitey posted:

I love that this typo makes it into something white people are compelled to do by their biology
...are they not?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

...are they not?

[checks glove compartment] ah poo poo

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The monster factory YouTube channel has a private video!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/1113229933134872576?s=20

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Waiting for TAZ live in San Jose to start. My first McElroy live show! I’ll be at MBMBAM tomorrow as well. There are so many people here - tons of great costumes.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Man, listening to the last The TAZ Zone...

Sounds like they're really getting tired of doing Balance epilogue bits for the live shows but are worried about selling tickets if they do anything else 'cause Tres Horny Boys is what people show up for. Apparently their listener numbers tanked hard after balance ended when they were doing the experimental mini-arcs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know if it's so much as they're tired. It's more they're unsure they can play in that particular space much more in a meaningful way. I've enjoyed their live show adventures a lot, but Griffin is still only human. He's gonna run out of ideas for Balance eventually.

As an aside, if the Balance graphic novels continue to sell well I'd love to see some of the live shows adapted into a collection of side stories. Give me that Dracula.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I would not be surprised if they switch the live shows into the one page one-offs. It really seems like the brothers enjoy them a hell of a lot and it would be a good pull to get people to the shows still

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This is adorable but uh isn’t it Frankensteinteen?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

PMush Perfect posted:

To be fair my wife and I kind of do this too (grab a few extra souvenirs whenever we go overseas and hand them out when needed), it's both the specificity of the card and the precise location that are loving me up.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

This is adorable but uh isn’t it Frankensteinteen?

It's the ultimate zag

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Shinjobi posted:

As an aside, if the Balance graphic novels continue to sell well I'd love to see some of the live shows adapted into a collection of side stories. Give me that Dracula.

I will never, ever get tired of the boys doing Dracula voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExsNJu0TIAY

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Entropic posted:

Apparently their listener numbers tanked hard after balance ended when they were doing the experimental mini-arcs.

Anecdotes, data, etc but yeah that tracks with my friends who listened to Balance too. They dropped off for the mini arcs and Amnesty didn't get them back.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I really just think that D&D lent to better storytelling than the RPG alternate systems they've been trying to use.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Not really, considering they barely played D&D in the first place.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Crocoswine posted:

Not really, considering they barely played D&D in the first place.

Playing fast-and-loose with D&D works better than trying harder to seriously play monster of the week or whatever IMHO.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

That's on them, though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the big shift is mostly in that Balance was a big, grandiose, globe-trotting adventure with crazy magic and outlandish scenarios, while Amnesty is more grounded, set in basically one town and it's surroundings, and is much more about the characters themselves than what they're doing

it's a totally different thing and having a smaller audience makes some sense. but whatever's next will probably be a big departure from Amnesty too. i imagine they're going to keep things pretty fresh with every new arc they do, and i do hope they keep trying different kinds of games and genres

i'd really like to see them play Fellowship at some point, which would give whoever is GM for that one their own big antagonist character to play around with in fun ways, as well as letting everyone build the world more collaboratively than they've done so far

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also y'all'd probably still not like Amnesty even if they were still playing D&D. Changing to a different system isn't going to make you like the story more.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sea Lily posted:

the big shift is mostly in that Balance was a big, grandiose, globe-trotting adventure with crazy magic and outlandish scenarios, while Amnesty is more grounded, set in basically one town and it's surroundings, and is much more about the characters themselves than what they're doing

it's a totally different thing and having a smaller audience makes some sense. but whatever's next will probably be a big departure from Amnesty too. i imagine they're going to keep things pretty fresh with every new arc they do, and i do hope they keep trying different kinds of games and genres

i'd really like to see them play Fellowship at some point, which would give whoever is GM for that one their own big antagonist character to play around with in fun ways, as well as letting everyone build the world more collaboratively than they've done so far

Fellowship would 100% rule if they ever wanted to go back to fantasy

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Entropic posted:

I will never, ever get tired of the boys doing Dracula voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExsNJu0TIAY

it's hard to beat louie zong
https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/942874524835512321?lang=en

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

*Angelic chorus* Fallout 76 Monster Factoryyyyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ysP4REt-G0

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

Sometimes I miss Officer Jigsaw.:smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgstEs-l2s4

Yay~~~!

Serf
May 5, 2011

the still buffering d&d episode was really cute. their mom describing her character as wearing a fleetwood mac t-shirt and jean skirt was the high point for me

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus what a piece of poo poo

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The live show last night blew away my expectations. It was maybe my favorite live episode yet (not sure how much of that feeling is because I was actually there). For posters saying they were worried about them getting sick of revisiting Tres Horny Boys, I wouldn’t worry. They were very clearly having a blast up there.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly, I'm surprised Fallout 76 only ate one of the factory's creations, judging by what I've heard of it.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Supersonic Shine posted:

Honestly, I'm surprised Fallout 76 only ate one of the factory's creations, judging by what I've heard of it.

How many Monster Factorys have they had now where they have to make a new character? It's like having a decent character creator means the rest of your game is held together with scotch tape?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Waffleman_ posted:

Justin with the Bassline Junkie mention, what can't this guy do

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

zimbomonkey posted:

Jesus what a piece of poo poo

Yeah gently caress this guy for real.

Serf
May 5, 2011

griffin is right about the portrait mechanic. that needs to be in every game with a character creator

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Remember the polygon review of THPS 5? This video felt like it could turn into something if it had lasted for a few more moments. They weren't going out of their way to find the bad stuff but it sure as hell found them,

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

zimbomonkey posted:

Remember the polygon review of THPS 5? This video felt like it could turn into something if it had lasted for a few more moments. They weren't going out of their way to find the bad stuff but it sure as hell found them,

Oh, there’s definitely going to be a part two, and there will most certainly be some fuckups.

TOD DAMNIT

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FO76 is the world Pam wrought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hmm, I would have thought they had some kind of deal with Polygon to produce Monster Factory videos for Polygon and not effectively halve their viewing stats by also hosting them on the McElroy channel