Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
of course being the son and grandson of two incredibly popular musicians probably means he didnt grow up in said rural area (or at least not in poverty) but whatever he wears the mask well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

animist posted:

I think he's maybe been making eyes at some breadtubey people? Still spending a lotta time with edgelords tho

lol I just found out he's from Wolcott, the town in CT that went the most Trump in 16', and is supremely whiteflightsville.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Did SA shadow ban? Can lowtax copyright it?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
just ban him you dummies

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Shapiro is such an unpleasant, petty, unappealing person. How did he get so much credibility with the college republican set? Is it because he’s an aspirational model for everyone who wears a bow tie and takes a briefcase to class?

He's heavily astroturfed. Billionaires see him as their way to sway the youth.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

pretty much every single right wing figure is propped up by the rich. It's one of the reasons they crash so hard when deplatformed, it's because they don't have any actual skills that don't require millions in dark money to work.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Zeroisanumber posted:

He's heavily astroturfed. Billionaires see him as their way to sway the youth.
Yeah, the real audience for Shapiro and Kirk and suchlike and the zillionaire funders (Adelson and the Mercers and the Kochs and the like) who underwrite the whole wingnut welfare apparatus. That's who they're appealing to, not actual young people and college students.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Uncle Wemus posted:

I don't think the radium software supported it.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Their audience is edgelord teens who think sounding smart is being smart and who think South Park rules.

Like Benny Shaps for sure works on the behalf of Capital like the Koch bros, partly because he's an evil prick and partly because it's how his daddy trained him, but he's meant to appeal to smug little shits who are easily taken in by someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

i mean, there's forums cancer

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

i think the closest we got was lowtax making it so fishmech could only post in the gaschamber. i dont get why that was ever revoked

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i think the closest we got was lowtax making it so fishmech could only post in the gaschamber. i dont get why that was ever revoked

the most insane part about this punishment is he actually continued to post extensively

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

like replying to people's posts with long winded pedantic replies as if nothing had changed, real rear end brain problems

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

the most insane part about this punishment is he actually continued to post extensively

This has become my favorite piece of forum lore.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Way back in the day hellbanning was a thing, but it broke even earlier, less ducttaped versions of the forums so it hasn't been used in like fifteen years at least.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Dipshit posted:

This has become my favorite piece of forum lore.

:same:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Way back in the day hellbanning was a thing, but it broke even earlier, less ducttaped versions of the forums so it hasn't been used in like fifteen years at least.

actually if someone doesn't respond to your excellent funny posts it means youve been shadowbanned

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol what the gently caress:

from

“Kiwi Farms, a lively forum for deep internet gossip” jfc

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Professor Bling posted:

From my understanding she was literally open-carrying an AR, so she did effectively have a gun drawn at a public demonstration and didn't get killed, so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho3MgmVt_Hc

these guys all open carried successfully during direct action and unsurprisingly the cops didnt try to start shooting at them

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shapiro is such an unpleasant, petty, unappealing person. How did he get so much credibility with the college republican set? Is it because he’s an aspirational model for everyone who wears a bow tie and takes a briefcase to class?

on top of the astroturfing it's like you HAVE to have an obnoxious voice to make it as a right wing pundit (coulter, rubin, judge jeanine, that youtube nick fuentes guy come to mind).

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Al! posted:

:spergin:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cargo cult posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho3MgmVt_Hc

these guys all open carried successfully during direct action and unsurprisingly the cops didnt try to start shooting at them

I was hoping that was a video of Stone Mountain and I was glad to be right

some good muzzle discipline in that march

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Al! posted:

like replying to people's posts with long winded pedantic replies as if nothing had changed, real rear end brain problems

The worst thing about fishmech is that he's not even trolling. He's just fishmech.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

that's a powerful response to a punishment imo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

smarxist posted:

that's a powerful response to a punishment imo

he has attained levels of :justpost: few can even conceive of

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Al! posted:

:lol:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i learned everything i know about the American south from the documentary series Justified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqDVObM1kxc

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

seiferguy posted:

That's my alma mater and I wanna buy the thief a beer, hell yeah

lmao imagine calling the police because someone stole your hat off your stupid head

Imagine the police texting a BOLO to try and catch the dude

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i can only imagine they're cruising the quad in tactical golf carts

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

college republicans are unpleasant, petty, unappealing people, op

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

extremely cursed

I mean...you kinda answered your own question

Alan Smithee has issued a correction as of 05:24 on Apr 3, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-02/alleged-christchurch-supporter-fails-to-overturn-internet-ban/10963092

quote:

An Adelaide man charged after allegedly posting comments online in support of the Christchurch terrorist attack has lost his bid to be allowed to use the internet again.

quote:

He said he ran his own "handyman business" but also claimed to have lost his job.

"I do need the internet to find a job as the media have blown this up, they have made a mountain out of a pile and I have lost my job over that," Mr Vinzelberg said.

I WILL NEVER LOG OFF

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
twitch moron trying to host a left vs right debate runs into a problem

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnthusiasticAstuteSquidNinjaGrumpy

lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/lizziedearden/status/1113073188186009602

https://twitter.com/lizziedearden/status/1113081478945046528

https://twitter.com/jackmottram/status/1113069428831289349

to dog: "debate me!"

dog: *licks gay dog nuts*

Alan Smithee has issued a correction as of 09:59 on Apr 3, 2019

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reclines Obesily posted:

lol

hes almost there

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/nathanoseroff/status/1113170475784515584

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Reclines Obesily posted:

lol

Meh kinda losing interest in Destiny, because he's a lazy fucktard. I'd be more interested in watching Destiny attempt to debate the left and watch someone like Brooks, Seder, or Wolff take him to school about economics/history.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
idk how anyone ever gets through these "debates" i can barely stand to watch 10 seconds of some idiot yammering about things that i actually enjoy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

idk how anyone ever gets through these "debates" i can barely stand to watch 10 seconds of some idiot yammering about things that i actually enjoy

Not only that but I still don't get why goons love watching a British goon fake laugh for two hours at mentally challenged persons' youtubes but they do :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

quote:

During a previous court hearing, police said Mr Vinzelberg posed a genuine concern for the safety of the community and that authorities were conducting further investigations into other devices found at his home.

His lawyer on that occasion told the court the items were ornamental and were on display in his client's "man cave".

drat this guy had several man caves, one was even under his pillow