Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee guard Jordan Bone has declared for the NBA Draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The UCLA coaching search rules, they offered Cal less money than he currently makes and he still somehow used it as leverage to get a lifetime deal from UK. What a hero.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gonna laugh when UCLA ends up with Thad Matta or something

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Their last coaching search somehow ended with Steve Alford so

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
They are probably just throwing their wish list out there as they can before they hire Chris Beard.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Regnevelc posted:

They are probably just throwing their wish list out there as they can before they hire Chris Beard.

not looking forward to 2020 Purdue's crushing final four defeat to UCLA

that's a lie, i would love every second of a final four run, PLEASE

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Seems like it's gonna be Jamie Dixon which is fine if probably a little disappointing to their fans. He's done a really nice job with TCU under the circumstances

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Yeah, UVA fans are livid that Tony Bennett is considered a "candidate" for the UCLA job.

Hot tip, fan bases - Just because a team wants your coach doesn't mean your coach is leaving. Calm down.

Why would the coach of the #1 Kenpom team leave to take a job with a rebuilding team in a mid major conference? Doesn't seem like anything getting worked up about.

The reverse being:

Hot tip, fan bases - Just because your coach says he loves you and isn't leaving doesn't mean he's staying. Calm down.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Poque posted:

not looking forward to 2020 Purdue's crushing final four defeat to UCLA

that's a lie, i would love every second of a final four run, PLEASE

Final Four runs are loving awesome.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

Seems like it's gonna be Jamie Dixon which is fine if probably a little disappointing to their fans. He's done a really nice job with TCU under the circumstances

It's in TCU's hands at this point. Looks like UCLA wants him and he wants to go but his buyout is $8m, so unless TCU lets him out of it, I doubt UCLA is shelling out that much.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

vikingstrike posted:

The reverse being:

Hot tip, fan bases - Just because your coach says he loves you and isn't leaving doesn't mean he's staying. Calm down.

I'd be surprised if Bennett leaves—the Wisconsin job might've been the one that tempted him, but Gard seems to have locked it down for the foreseeable future. Obviously there are jobs that could offer more money (though we'll see what Virginia stumps up after this year) but I don't think many of the blue-chips would want a guy whose teams are filled with two to four-star players thriving in low-scoring patient games. (Especially since his system in most cases would mean doing a total teardown and rebuild, with results in year 3 if not 5.)

Obviously there's no way of knowing, etc etc. Maybe someone just stuns him with money, and maybe someone sells their fanbase on winning his way. I just don't know who would do both.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If UCLA waits a couple weeks Luke Walton will be available. Sort of a legacy. He hates UCLA but I'm sure if the money is right he can get over it.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Regnevelc posted:

Final Four runs are loving awesome.

I want one :smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Luke Walton ended up in Cleveland.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea. That would be great.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Various links seem to be trying to get me to feel sad for Tyler Hansbrough having to play in China after washing out of the NBA and that is just not gonna happen not ever no way.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

luke walton could get another nba job tomorrow; if he flames out again he might consider college coaching at that point but there are a ton of gms out there who would be willing to roll the dice on him

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

elentar posted:

Various links seem to be trying to get me to feel sad for Tyler Hansbrough having to play in China after washing out of the NBA and that is just not gonna happen not ever no way.

Why in the world is this coming up now? It's not like he's only been there a couple of months or anything.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 4, 2019

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Declan MacManus posted:

luke walton could get another nba job tomorrow; if he flames out again he might consider college coaching at that point but there are a ton of gms out there who would be willing to roll the dice on him

"Hey give me shooters and a big who can set picks"

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Why in the world are you seeing this now? It's not like he's only been there a couple of months or anything.

I don’t know but it’s been a real upsurge across both legit outlets and outbrain-style chum.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Kevin Willard would be a bad hire by VT. Can't recruit, mediocre coach.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

go hooes

real nova kids will recohnize that i made a poor pun based on a random road name

edit: just read the page and i won't trust tony bennett to stay until they bury him under JPJ. that rhymed. but my only rationale is that coaches break people's hearts all the time. all duke has to do is decide to teach the fuckin cameron crazies to cheer for shot clock violations; they might hire him whenever somebody finds coach k's phylactery

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 4, 2019

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

We did it OTF 🙂

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Ungratek posted:

We did it OTF 🙂

:hf:

idk what's gonna happen from here on out but many banners will be updated :unsmith:

i went to senior night for a school i live near that's probably in the 300s on kenpom but there were hundreds of people who cared and poo poo, it was a fun time. gonna do their baseball next

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GUESS WHO'S IN THE WOMEN'S NIT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

“There is no more toilet paper in lower Alabama,” Pearl said. “If you’ve got diarrhea and you live in lower Alabama right now, you’re in some serious trouble right now. Serious trouble.”

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee guard Jordan Bone has declared for the NBA Draft.

This isn't news, we knew he was going to do that. Admiral did it last year to get a draft grade - he can always come back as long as he doesn't' hire an agent like Admiral did.

The news part is he said he's not considering returning regardless of where he grades out.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I kinda like Bone long term but I don't think he'd go in the first this year. But maybe he just hates school and is fine doing the G-league or Europe thing. Lot of time for him to change his mind though, unless he hires an agent.

If he does go does Tennessee have anyone left next year? I dunno if Williams has officially declared but I would imagine he's basically a lock

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 4, 2019

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I kinda like Bone long term but I don't think he'd go in the first this year. But maybe he just hates school and is fine doing the G-league or Europe thing. Lot of time for him to change his mind though, unless he hires an agent.

If he does go does Tennessee have anyone left next year? I dunno if Williams has officially declared but I would imagine he's basically a lock

Grant hasn't declared yet but he will eventually at the very least to get graded. His chances to return are higher than Bone's IMO because he's said he wants to get his masters and his parents highly value education. That's probably just wishful thinking on my part though.

As for who we have left, Lamonte Turner and Jordan Bowden will both be seniors. Yves Pons showed a ton of promise at the beginning of the season but is really raw. He'll have to put in a lot of time in the offseason to get better.

We have 5* Josiah James coming in that ideally would eventually take over Bone's spot.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 4, 2019

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I know Carsen should and will go to the draft, but there are so many Purdue and Big Ten records that he would easily break with a senior season and I need him back

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Hot tip, fan bases - Just because a team wants your coach doesn't mean your coach is leaving. Calm down.

Unless you're Houston, in which case start looking...

Except not this time. Kelvin Sampson re-upped for six years for 18 million. He'll be 70 at the end of this extension.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Kentucky just got a grad transfer commit from something called a Nate Sestina from Bucknell. Cool, I guess?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

dirty shrimp money posted:

Unless you're Houston, in which case start looking...

Except not this time. Kelvin Sampson re-upped for six years for 18 million. He'll be 70 at the end of this extension.

Also

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1113843271925731328?s=19

Probably still worth it though

Chief McHeath posted:

Kentucky just got a grad transfer commit from something called a Nate Sestina from Bucknell. Cool, I guess?

He was good last year. Probably one of the better mid major grad transfers out there. Big guy who can shoot it

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Good for him to use his talents to bring in a paycheck.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

It's a risk but I think Kelvin sees this extension out and Kellen's a mid-major head coach in the next year or two anyway.

Still can't believe Houston basketball is a thing again

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Chief McHeath posted:

drat, grad transfer market already rolling in the offseason.

I'm expecting Tech to take in a grad transfer again this year. Even with a 5 person recruiting class, they still have space for 1 more, provided Culver leaves, which he will. Worked out well with Mooney and Owens.

I'm hopeful that Moretti stays, though. He'll be in high demand for a European team, but honestly, if he continues to develop as a sharp-shooter and ball handler, he might play his way into NBA interest.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Chief McHeath posted:

Really underrated poetic form. Little bit old school, can risk repetitiveness, but more flexible and supple than you’d think at first.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ticket prices for the championship game have been dropping all week, can someone confirm for me that primesport isn't going to rip me off? I went to it through https://www.ncaa.com/exchange but I'm still wary. It would be cool to check "NCAA title game" off my sports bucket list even if I'm not really super invested in either team.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

IcePhoenix posted:

Ticket prices for the championship game have been dropping all week, can someone confirm for me that primesport isn't going to rip me off? I went to it through https://www.ncaa.com/exchange but I'm still wary. It would be cool to check "NCAA title game" off my sports bucket list even if I'm not really super invested in either team.

It's legit, you should be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

N: Congratulations to the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball NIT Champions, the Texas Longhorns.

V: Fire Shaka