Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Obliterati posted:

Lol at these idiots who didn't stockpile against British failure six months ago

Brb, there's a deal on bulk Irn Bru

hi bru

im dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Oooordaaaah, ooooooordah. I hereby table the motion to have Theresa May think about maybe calling a printer repair guy.

Aye - 10
Nay - 302

The Nay's have it.

Ooooooordah, oooordah! Next is the motion by the right honourable gentleman from London to see about perhaps thinking of the possibility that we might brainstorm alternate avenues of approach.

Aye - 4
Nay - All the rest.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/NickBoles/status/1113535651880869888

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I'll carry my printer there in exchange for a hug from jezza

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a loose marxist acquaintance of mine

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

how many tins of sausages and biscuit packs should I have put up for me Brexit mateys, cor blimey crikeys I am a British man that likes to roger me bollocks.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

a loose marxist acquaintance of mine

glad im not the only one who thought about that post

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this is w/o a doubt my fav brexit event

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:prepop:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

john bercow stockpiling all the xerox ink in case of no deal brexit

Leopold Stotch
Jun 30, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

"State of the art super sheds" is the most hilariously Brexit thing I've heard.

God bless.

Arthur Super Sheds Jackson

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
How long until I can buy a slightly used Aston Martin for twelve whole American dollars and a German chocolate bar?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

lol

https://twitter.com/danielhowdon/status/1113541605942800390?s=19

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I've ordered a hundred gallons of Buckfast and HP printer ink. The currency of the wasteland!

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

the usa oil invasion meme but it's her majesty's army going for any common commodity

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Stoatbringer posted:

I've ordered a hundred gallons of Buckfast and HP printer ink. The currency of the wasteland!

guess that HP ink must still be more expensive by volume than human blood

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

NOBODY WILL REALIZE MY POSTS ARE SHIT NOW THAT MY NAME IS PURPLE :smug:

euphronius posted:

Lamo why didn’t they make it require a super majority hahahah.

36% of eligible voters voted for Brexit.

because it was a government run opinion poll, not a legally binding vote

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

microcosm

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

someone was asking about exports and how we'll be messed. one of our major exports is arms, and that's mostly to the Saudis so British firms will still be #great and #British after BREXIT

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Soviet Space Dog posted:

because it was a government run opinion poll, not a legally binding vote

The government announced its intention to abide by the result multiple times in the lead up to the referendum. The fact that it didn't actually bind parliament is a constitutional quirk.

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

DangerousDan posted:

someone was asking about exports and how we'll be messed. one of our major exports is arms, and that's mostly to the Saudis so British firms will still be #great and #British after BREXIT

yeah im sure the UK will still be part of the EU military-industrial grift program after brexit, no risk there

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

Bryter posted:

The government announced its intention to abide by the result multiple times in the lead up to the referendum. The fact that it didn't actually bind parliament is a constitutional quirk.

the government could do whatever it wanted if it had the votes in parliament, it isn't a constitutional "quirk" to treat a referendum as non-binding and if the government actually wanted to alter the constitution to make the UK a referendum run country they probably should have done that first

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Soviet Space Dog posted:

the government could do whatever it wanted if it had the votes in parliament, it isn't a constitutional "quirk" to treat a referendum as non-binding and if the government actually wanted to alter the constitution to make the UK a referendum run country they probably should have done that first

what constitution

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Soviet Space Dog posted:

Don't know why they'd reconfigure the core of the UK constitution when they didn't need to. The overwhelming majority of the UK understood how the referendum was presented and isn't convinced by "it was only advisory" pedantry.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
is Buckfast a made up English word?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

neutral milf hotel posted:

all words are made up :smug: :smug:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

its a posion they brew up and send north to ruin scotland

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Jazerus posted:

what constitution

The magna Carta?

That other foundational document that governs how poachers on royal woodlands will be prosecuted by a council of local reeves?

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

Bryter posted:

Don't know why they'd reconfigure the core of the UK constitution when they didn't need to. The overwhelming majority of the UK understood how the referendum was presented and isn't convinced by "it was only advisory" pedantry.

you were the one that brought in the government binding parliament without even passing legislation, which is a massive massive overreach of the powers of the government. thats basically a coup

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
To be fair, didnt the tories fight a general election on a manifesto about this stuff after the brexit referendum, and they beat corbyn's labour on this manifesto? Its not like they just had the referendum and then went straight to where they are now without seeking any form of mandate for what they're doing.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Soviet Space Dog posted:

you were the one that brought in the government binding parliament without even passing legislation, which is a massive massive overreach of the powers of the government. thats basically a coup

I didn't claim the government bound parliament. I don't know what you're talking about.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Dammit, all these non-recycleable bottle caps! I have a cunning post brexit meltdown plan.

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

Bryter posted:

I didn't claim the government bound parliament. I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm very sorry for misinterpreting "The government announced its intention to abide by the result multiple times in the lead up to the referendum. The fact that it didn't actually bind parliament is a constitutional quirk." to mean "The government announced its intention to abide by the result multiple times in the lead up to the referendum. The fact that it didn't actually bind parliament is a constitutional quirk."

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

its a made up drug.
like cake.
but in liquid form.
mind out for Czech Neck tho'

Bryter posted:

staberind has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Apr 3, 2019

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

staberind posted:

its a made up drug.
like cake.
but in liquid form.

Being liquid, it has a much faster effect on the area of the brain known as Shatner’s Bassoon.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stoatbringer posted:

Being liquid, it has a much faster effect on the area of the brain known as Shatner’s Bassoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FghPqueu034

but I Digress.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Soviet Space Dog posted:

I'm very sorry for misinterpreting "The government announced its intention to abide by the result multiple times in the lead up to the referendum. The fact that it didn't actually bind parliament is a constitutional quirk." to mean "The government announced its intention to abide by the result multiple times in the lead up to the referendum. The fact that it didn't actually bind parliament is a constitutional quirk."

I think you've somehow misinterpreted me saying the referendum didn't technically bind parliament as me saying the government did bind parliament?

The government declared that they would consider themselves politically bound by the result of the referendum. Parliament voted for the referendum. It wasn't changed retroactively, and there was no "coup".

Bryter has issued a correction as of 23:25 on Apr 3, 2019

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
It's 23.10pm and the House of Commons is still voting on amendments and readings. Peter Bone made a point of order asking Bercow to stop the farce

It's like a live feed of Purgatory

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHIVeWhCMU8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/st...ingawful.com%2F

This seems like it would be bad.