Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

bEatmstrJ posted:

Don't ever be defensive on the internet. Ever.

Nonsense!
How else could I have gotten this wonderful avatar with its beautiful depiction of a small pastry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

bEatmstrJ posted:

I'm certainly not as bad as "the internet" would have you believe. I just learned a very valuable lesson the hard way. Don't ever be defensive on the internet. Ever.

Yes that was the lesson you should have learned.

:laffo:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Eau de Toilette!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If he’s trolling he’s like actually brilliant.

Don’t get me wrong he absolutely isn’t but his head is so far up his rear end that it’s art.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
I mean, he is correct that if someone makes fun of you on Something Awful, defending yourself in the thread does not help.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Enchanted Hat posted:

I mean, he is correct that if someone makes fun of you on Something Awful, defending yourself in the thread does not help.

Yeah, my usual course of action is make a self-deprecating clarification, and then back out until the tide changes. My dumb bullshit doesn't really go viral however.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah, my usual course of action is make a self-deprecating clarification, and then back out until the tide changes. My dumb bullshit doesn't really go viral however.
Double down and go on the full offensive. I might be wrong but your mother's a whore and I'm not actually wrong and it was your fault anyway.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Splicer posted:

Double down and go on the full offensive. I might be wrong but your mother's a whore and also I'm not wrong.

Doxx 'n' SWAT anyone who suggests maybe I "improve my posting" and stop "being a histrionic little bitch"

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Splicer posted:

Double down and go on the full offensive. I might be wrong but your mother's a whore and I'm not actually wrong and it was your fault anyway.

Sir, this is a Wendy's bathroom for :females:.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Relentless posted:

Sir, this is a Wendy's bathroom for :females:.
That explains all the red & black.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

bEatmstrJ posted:

I'm certainly not as bad as "the internet" would have you believe. I just learned a very valuable lesson the hard way. Don't ever be defensive on the internet. Ever.

The path to redemption begins with posting your toilet.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Christ we're talking about the loving toilet again.

For when your husband won't stop pissing in the sink.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

there wolf posted:

Despite having a dong myself, I really don't understand why people piss in the sink. I guess if you have one bathroom and someone else is hogging it, and you can't hold it any longer it makes sense, but why?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Iron Crowned posted:

Despite having a dong myself, I really don't understand why people piss in the sink. I guess if you have one bathroom and someone else is hogging it, and you can't hold it any longer it makes sense, but why?

Neckbeards will say water conservation, but the real answer is they are a Neckbeard with terrible sanitary habits.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Piss makes a great cleaner.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

there wolf posted:

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Indolent Bastard posted:

Neckbeards will say water conservation, but the real answer is they are a Neckbeard with terrible sanitary habits.

I went on a couple of dates with a very tall guy who said the sink was closer so less chance of missing. So there's that.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

small bird pudding posted:

I went on a couple of dates with a very tall guy who said the sink was closer so less chance of missing. So there's that.

Did you enjoy the subtle yet omnipresent funk that wafted out of the sink? It’s an P trap, not a pee trap.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Don't piss in the sink jesus christ you loving grots

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Endman posted:

Don't piss in your own sink jesus christ you loving grots

ftfy

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Iron Crowned posted:

Because it is there.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
cut my jousts into pieces

piss sink behind the door

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Endman posted:

Don't piss in the sink jesus christ you loving grots

It’s closer after they seemingly adjusted all public urinals to suit 6 year olds.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

wooger posted:

It’s closer after they seemingly adjusted all public urinals to suit 6 year olds.

ADA. Dwarves have to pee too

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
China squat toilet for all, IMO

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Dwarves? In my sex bathroom?!

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

Dwarves? In my sex bathroom?!

It's more likely than you think!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

PRADA SLUT posted:

cut my jousts into pieces

piss sink behind the door

Factor of safety, no engineering

Don't give a gently caress about forces, shearing

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Phil Moscowitz posted:

But don’t the actual adult sized men who make up 99% of the users need to pee more?

There’s a disabled loo for people who aren’t able to use them.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

small bird pudding posted:

On the other hand that significantly increases splashback risk.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
One year in college my single-occupancy dorm room had only a sink, we had to go to a communal bathroom for a toilet. You bet your rear end I peed in that sink when it was 2am and I didn't feel like putting on shoes and clothes.

Or 2pm and I was lazy.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
post the toilet, coward

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I could use some advice on arranging an irregularly shaped living room. It's sort of divided in two by a weird fireplace. One end is a door to the kitchen, the other end is sliding doors to a balcony. We were thinking of using the balcony side as a TV area and the other side as a dining area. Here's the layout, excuse the phone-pic-of-a-screen I can't seem to take a direct screenshot of this app (click for big).

The measures are in cm and probably not accurate (I used magicplan).

We already own all the furniture there except the coffee table: sectional, loveseat, TV stand, two end tables. The other item down there is a radiator. The TV has to be on that side but it could also be in front of the radiator, I guess. Ignore the furniture on the other side of the room (3 bookcases and an armchair -- it would be nice to fit some of this into the other side but I think it would be too cramped).

This is the best layout I've come up with so far, but I can't figure out what coffee table would work in that weird triangular space. I don't think we can afford custom so is round the best bet? Otherwise, we could square off the loveseat but then we're blocking the fireplace even more (fine, we may never use it, but that's terrible design, right?) or creating a tight squeeze to get to that hall to the right.

I don't have access for a few days and the listing is down but here are the best pictures I could find.

From the kitchen side

From the balcony side

Any advice?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

This is fun! Looking at your plan, I notice three things that would bother me:

1. The TV appears to be in a sunny part of the room, which would mess with the screen.
2. The way to the balcony looks obstructed.
3. Your cool fireplace is obstructed.

Have you considered a layout like this? The TV would be on the less sunny side, you can see the TV and the fireplace from the chaise longue, and there's easier access to the balcony.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Also consider painting everything red and black.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Wow that's already way better, thanks. I didn't want to run an extension cord over the sliding doors (there are zero outlets over there) but I may have to.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
maybe a slim carpet runner across the room both to hide the cable and to keep your floors a bit cleaner from traffic through the sliding doors

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Yeah that would be easier.

My other hesitation with that layout is that the sofas might be too far apart to have a comfortable conversation across the gap. May have to try it both ways when the moving truck gets here...

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Float some slim chairs, if you put anything fat in there that room is just going to look comical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

PRADA SLUT posted:

if you put anything fat in there that room is just going to look comical

hey now these are goons we’re talking about