Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I don't know any of these songs. :(

I kind of wish they could have just done Under Pressure again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought it was fun but it definitely lacked a big ticket song like the last two.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Set list:

Don't Get Me Wrong - The Pretenders

Here I Go Again - Whitesnake

Beautiful Dreamer -Stephen Foster

Storm Coming - Gnarls Barkley

Dean Fogg popping up made me grin like an idiot.

Edit: I need an excuse for chorographed determination walks in my life.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 28, 2019

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Whalley posted:

There's no show I love like how I feel about Magicians. This is the best goddamn tv

:agreed:

I love this insane show so much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This was just phenomenal. Back during Under Pressure, Margo didn't really get a chance to shine but man, she really showed she has pipes this time around. I came to this show for OTD but Summer Bishil is the MVP of this cast.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was funny how this time they didn't even pretend that Olivia Taylor Dudley and Jason Ralph can sing and they only popped up at the very end.

I think I like Hale Appleman's version better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

It was funny how this time they didn't even pretend that Olivia Taylor Dudley and Jason Ralph can sing and they only popped up at the very end.

They got so much more time during the last one I figured it was like during Once More With Feeling where they barely let Allison Hannigan sing because her voice is DIRE.

But man, Summer's so great!

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

This but in response to every song, even ones he hasn't covered yet

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-magicians-summer-bishil-talks-about-singing-through-1833613173

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Now that was a really good Margo episode. She's always been a great character but perhaps a bit lacking in character development and this episode was exactly what we needed.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

people beat me to it but man, the really learned from the first one that appleman is fantastic

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
I just watched the last 2 episodes back to back and, let me tell you, I wasn't planning to be as into Josh and Margo as I am, but god drat does something about their dynamic just work for me.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
I can’t decide if my favorite line from this episode was, “You do whiskey, not wisdom,” or, “Four octave range bitch.”

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
It's been like 3 episodes since Quentin kicked Alice out and she's already back hanging out, lol.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Ouhei posted:

It's been like 3 episodes since Quentin kicked Alice out and she's already back hanging out, lol.

Don't act like you never had that friend too

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Yeah, but it’s Q, no one has to listen to him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Quentin knows he and Elliot are endgame so the sexual tension with Alice is gone.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Josh's talents are many, but singing is not quite one of them

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

I'd feel so bad for Elliot if he ends up w/ Q.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He already did though.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

Josh's talents are many, but singing is not quite one of them

Most of them were way auto tuned this episode, particularly Fogg. I mean, I realize a little is just the current trend for some loving reason but it was way over the top.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Beard Yawn posted:

I can’t decide if my favorite line from this episode was, “You do whiskey, not wisdom,” or, “Four octave range bitch.”

I think mine is Fen saying thanks for inviting me.

Nude fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 30, 2019

Woden
May 6, 2006
"rolling council of pussy-phobic chuckle dicks" had me laughing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Margo overthrows an oppressive patriarchal society while the rest of the group accomplish exactly nothing:allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Margo was also just overthrown so there's a beautiful balance to it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Margo's story in this latest episode suited her, but I kind of wish it wasn't so explicitly about patriarchy holding women down. I think a subversion like "no, seriously these men are all that can protect us." would have been worse, so I guess I'd rather they come across as more bumbling dumb desert nomads who don't understand how the red spirits worked than the evil men keeping women in their place.

I'd also have liked some flashier magic from Margo and it would have been cool if the spirits helped her forge those grains into her own weapons instead of it just being a case of "guess that guy lied about those axes only working for him, yoink!"

While we're at it, have a spirit tag along with Margo as kind of a "passenger until needed" situation, somewhat analogous to the imps from super early on, and have that be an assist down the line. I think that would make for some fun story opportunities, and if they do kill a character soon you could have that spirit possess the body and keep the actor on the show that way. Now after all this insanity to free Elliot they save him and beat the monster, but person X died doing it but this wild spirit took it over and wants to help out! That could be super lame and not fun, of course, but I'd trust this show to make it work.

Anyway those are my mostly bad thoughts on what I would have done with this episode.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

NowonSA posted:

Margo's story in this latest episode suited her, but I kind of wish it wasn't so explicitly about patriarchy holding women down. I think a subversion like "no, seriously these men are all that can protect us." would have been worse, so I guess I'd rather they come across as more bumbling dumb desert nomads who don't understand how the red spirits worked than the evil men keeping women in their place.
The people who writes this show obviously have opinions about things like patriarchy and I think it's cool to have a show that talks about those opinions.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

So after never hearing the Don’t Get Me Wrong number before, I have heard it playing at various stores multiple times in the last week. I’d like to think the The Magicians is responsible

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
The cover of Storm Comin might be better than the Gnarls Barkley original

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Margo was also just overthrown so there's a beautiful balance to it.

I think if Eliot wasn't in danger Margo would have won that battle despite the odds.

But was she really overthrown once she knew the plot and used it to do what she wanted (Save Eliot) vs what her responsibilities were as High King? Margo saw her chance and owned it as Margo does instead of letting herself become the victim.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MATT FREWER MATT FREWER MATT FREWER!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

MATT FREWER MATT FREWER MATT FREWER!

im glad this guy is still getting work he was so good in orphan black

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh hey, THIS rear end in a top hat.

"I thought you were Indian?" "WHAT?"

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 4, 2019

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Oh hey, THIS rear end in a top hat.

"I thought you were Indian?" "WHAT?"

Penny's reaction to being called kemosabe :allears:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Oh no I'm having a lot of feelings about Q/Alice

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

:(

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I couldn’t quite make out what Quentin said at the end.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

eke out posted:

im glad this guy is still getting work he was so good in orphan black

Oh right. I remembered him as the rear end in a top hat neighbor dad in Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Even while obsessed with Orphan Black, I forgot that's who he was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do you even Max Headroom bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I couldn’t quite make out what Quentin said at the end.

"Like I helped it wake up and remember what it was before"