Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

doverhog posted:

Your new AV is cute, spit. Who is that?
Natalie Mars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People who habitually use shrug emojis are intellectual cowards with no real convictions.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Emojis are bad because they're from Japan and thus count as anime.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Emojis are great if you can harness their power to confuse and gently caress with people

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aramek posted:

Emojis are bad because they're from Japan and thus count as anime.

Saddest Rhino needs to come into this thread and chaos dunk on this post

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hey, be careful with that, the chaos dunk is no joke.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

People that say Fight Club hasn't aged well fundamentally don't understand the movie. Tylder Durden and his misogynistic frat house terrorists are villains.They are not the good guys of the film, idiots.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If you see a customer in an argument with a retail worker, which one do you instinctively side with?

I think that question is the only actually accurate way to divide humanity into two distinct groups. And if everyone who sides with the customer died, most of the world's problems would be solved.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

People that say Fight Club hasn't aged well fundamentally don't understand the movie. Tylder Durden and his misogynistic frat house terrorists are villains.They are not the good guys of the film, idiots.

The people I've seen who say it hasn't aged well basically just say the whole premise of young men feeling bored and emasculated by consumerism and a terrorist group using that to radicalize them doesn't make sense to current young men because they aren't living cushy boring 90s lives anymore because the country has gone to actual poo poo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

doverhog posted:

This is the best video on youtube. Out of the all, this one is it. Watch till the end.

PJ Harvey Rid of Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwG3r9_L9o

Objectively correct.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

doverhog posted:

This is the best video on youtube. Out of the all, this one is it. Watch till the end.

PJ Harvey Rid of Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwG3r9_L9o

Can’t argue with that at all.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

New York accents are the worst accents. Also New Yorkers are awful. Just the worst. Godless barbarians, to the man.

Okay maybe like 30% of them.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I prefer my spaghetti without sauce. I only use spaghetti cheese and salt.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Leavemywife posted:

I prefer my spaghetti without sauce. I only use spaghetti cheese and salt.

Same about preferring it without sauce, but it's fine with it too I guess. My preferred form is spaghetti+butter+the kraft "parmesan cheese" product that comes in the green jar. The real stuff just doesn't do it for me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There are No Spaghetti Rules. Unless you break them in half to boil them. Then you're an idiot.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

There are No Spaghetti Rules. Unless you break them in half to boil them. Then you're an idiot.

I just don't own any large saucepans.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Solution: only ever make penne. It's the best one.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

People who habitually use shrug emojis are intellectual cowards with no real convictions.

:shrug:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

lemme guess, you mean this about one poster specifically but you didn't have enough good will in the thread you were bickering in to call them out there

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There are multitudes.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

hawowanlawow posted:

The people I've seen who say it hasn't aged well basically just say the whole premise of young men feeling bored and emasculated by consumerism and a terrorist group using that to radicalize them doesn't make sense to current young men because they aren't living cushy boring 90s lives anymore because the country has gone to actual poo poo

Yeah Ed Norton’s job looks pretty swell, all things considered. Traveling might get old but he’s unattached and childless so eh

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

docbeard posted:

This isn't "hellworld" or a demented simulation or an alternate "darkest timeline". It's just the world, the best and worst possible.

Yeah I hate these kinds of terms.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah Ed Norton’s job looks pretty swell, all things considered. Traveling might get old but he’s unattached and childless so eh

it looks pretty quaint now that people thought boredom and alienation would be used to radicalize young men, because since the movie came out the old tried and true methods of radicalizing young men have proven to still be effective as hell

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

So thirds is OK?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

What, am I supposed to just let the dry uncooked noodle stick up out of the pot, tough guy?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you know what's good for you, yes. :toughguy:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I like my spaghetti like I like my men: raw, naked, and crushed into dust

E: I think people get too worked up about pasta- real garlic and homemade sauce and so on are better yeah l but like cousin pizza, it takes a lot to gently caress up pasta so hard it’s bad. A 2 buck jar of sauce with some pepper flakes and jarred garlic is still fine.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 21:33 on Apr 4, 2019

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Same about preferring it without sauce, but it's fine with it too I guess. My preferred form is spaghetti+butter+the kraft "parmesan cheese" product that comes in the green jar. The real stuff just doesn't do it for me.
is that you, honey boo boo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I like my spaghetti like I like my men: raw, naked, and crushed into dust

E: I think people get too worked up about pasta- real garlic and homemade sauce and so on are better yeah l but like cousin pizza, it takes a lot to gently caress up pasta so hard it’s bad. A 2 buck jar of sauce with some pepper flakes and jarred garlic is still fine.

Usually, but I have been avoiding sugar lately and seeing that most jars of sauce have like a can of soda worth of sugar in them annoys me.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Riding a dragon is stupid, especially when it's an actor riding a cgi dragon. Game of thrones and that mountain dew commercial, i'm looking at you. It's not like you can dig your spurs in to a dragon and make it do a thing, you're just holding on and hoping you don't fall. Plus it just looks stupid.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Regina Spektor writes and records poo poo music. I hope she's a delightful person in real life because her music has no redeeming qualities. I wish I liked anything as much as she likes Paris in the rain, though, jfc.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The only thing that matters with music is whether it's enjoyable to listen to while drunk. For sober times, talk radio is superior.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

snap chat is the dumbest app to ever be made. How am I supposed to respond to your response to my message that I don't remember sending when it disappears after like 30 seconds? AIM was the only message service we ever needed, and it's a tragedy we just threw it in the trash.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

AIM was the only message service we ever needed, and it's a tragedy we just threw it in the trash.

EXACTLY. I am still sad it is a thing no longer.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Usually, but I have been avoiding sugar lately and seeing that most jars of sauce have like a can of soda worth of sugar in them annoys me.

That’s fair. In defense of the premade pasta sauce though, putting at least one coke’s worth of sugar into anything that isn’t directly from the farm is practically the law in :911:

Regina Spektor’s music is great, especially for a sad drunk, and I hope she didn’t really write Samson about taking some greasehaired goon’s virginity.

Also i loving loathe snapchat but still, inevitably, look at all the stories every day while silently fuming about how goddam dumb it is that all my least favourite acquaintances keep posting this mundane rear end poo poo over and over every day

Like one person will post goddam Spotify screenshots into snapchat stories. All the time. If only there was some other way to share music with friends in 2019 you loving idiot

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Apr 5, 2019

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Music is the opiate of the masses

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

People who drive in the emergency shoulder to bypass traffic should have their license revoked for at least a year.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I do not know what the emergency shoulder is but filling that in with my imagination that sounds reasonable so ok

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

kettle chips are worse than regular chips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gripweed posted:

kettle chips are worse than regular chips

they taste like someone scraped off 80% of the salt+flavoring off a regular chip, then cooked it again until it was unpleasantly crunchy.

I don't get it.