Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

MarcusSA posted:

Hmmm this is a rough one. I mean kinda an rear end in a top hat but kinda not? Like why did the friend even need to say what she said? I get why she fired back with what she did but its a pretty deep cut especially for someone who is transitioning.

Because she's English

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

gently caress Your Website posted:

All y’alls anecdotes about deaf people you used to know are irrelevant unless you also used to shave their pubes, and/or they yours

I will immediately create a facebook account in a attempt to reconnect with two people from over 30 years ago to ask if I can help them shave their pubes. And they will shave mine. With heavy bass beats in the background.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

CheesyDog posted:

AITA for calling out my transgender friend after she questioned my national identity? (self.AmItheAsshole)

submitted 21 hours ago by RabbitKingO_O

Play racist games, win transphobic prizes.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Hmmm this is a rough one. I mean kinda an rear end in a top hat but kinda not? Like why did the friend even need to say what she said? I get why she fired back with what she did but its a pretty deep cut especially for someone who is transitioning.

I'd say they're both assholes. OP went for the throat but what the friend said was hella rude and also racist, so uh yeah.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I'd say they're both assholes. OP went for the throat but what the friend said was hella rude and also racist, so uh yeah.

Yeah thats how I’m feeling. Doesn’t sound like they really should be friends.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

CheesyDog posted:

AITA for calling out my transgender friend after she questioned my national identity? (self.AmItheAsshole)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

gently caress Your Website posted:

All y’alls anecdotes about deaf people you used to know are irrelevant unless you also used to shave their pubes, and/or they yours

I banged a few Deaf guys back in the day, and as such I-

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

CheesyDog posted:

You don't get to tease your friends for poo poo like their nationality and not expect them to throw something like being trans back in their face. I get that it might be a touchy subject, and that the issues are in no way equivalent, but the humor that comes from giving someone poo poo about something like that is "isn't it funny that I'd even make a joke about this, but that we both understand I don't really believe it".

The best friendships I have are with the people in my life who all understand that there's no line we won't cross. A few years ago I was going through a bad breakup, and mentioned how I was going to get together with my ex to just talk some things out but she was too busy that evening, and my buddies response was "yeah too busy not loving you". It's a bad joke, but there's catharsis in being able to laugh at something so horrible. A few years later his marriage fell apart and similar jokes were had at his expense.

That said, we can all be like that with each other because we have that trusting of a relationship. Maybe this dude just doesn't have the relationship with that trans girl that he thought. Either way, the correct response to the reaction is just to go "hey, I was just loving around, sorry if that crossed a line."

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
AITA for not explaining why I didn’t want sex on a 4th date?

quote:

AITA... So I (28F) met a guy (35M), we really got on, he was such a gentlemen then on our 4th date we decided to have a marathon of Game of a Thrones in preparation for season 8. So I went to his house for the first time.
We ended up falling asleep on the sofa, so we then went to bed, it was pretty late and I was exhausted, and I just really didn’t want sex, like really didn’t want sex. So I figured when we went to bed and I simply went to sleep, he would have figured I didn’t want sex, right?
He woke me up about an hour later really pissed off saying “do you have a rule or something, because if you do I should know about it? You have made me feel really poo poo and blown my self esteem completely”, so I told him I just wasn’t ready, he reaaallly didn’t appreciate me saying this, apparently I should have said before the date????
Like seriously? Is it a rule to decide before a date if you are going to have sex or not?! I’m trying to explain to him before the date I hadn’t ruled out sex all together, I was just going to see how we got on and where the night led. I told him it was all a bit odd that he got angry about it, but he’s fumingggg.
Either way, roll on watching season 8 alone haha!
EDIT I told him before hand that I was nervous about dating and wanted to take the whole process slow, he was fine with this and told me we can go as slow as needs be

killallmen.jpg

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

CheesyDog posted:

Tit for tat on this one. The friend couldn't handle the clapback, that's on them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

Nope, not at all. Im loving furious on behalf of OP.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

CheesyDog posted:

They both sound like really lame rear end teenagers who need more life experience and are both equally insensitive assholes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

AITA for not explaining why I didn’t want sex on a 4th date?

killallmen.jpg

I'm particularly fond of the implication that he didn't ask for or initiate sex at all, just went straight to indignation and "rejection." You didn't get rejected, buddy! You didn't even ask!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

I'm particularly fond of the implication that he didn't ask for or initiate sex at all, just went straight to indignation and "rejection." You didn't get rejected, buddy! You didn't even ask!

If you gotta ask you dont deserve it

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Dance without rhythm, and it won't attract the deaf

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My (m28) girlfriend (f 26) isn't taking care of herself and I need adviceRelationships (self.relationships)

submitted 1 month ago by Jugglamaggot

quote:

I've been dating this girl for two months, almost. We get along really well, we love to go out, and when we do, she dresses up, she shaves, the whole deal, and it's amazing. She does cosplay and everything, and I know she can take care of herself.

But she doesn't. Most days her hair is messy and unwashed, if she comes over she goes home/to work without showering. And her personal hygiene is a bit of a turn off. She's gotten mad at me before because she was trying to turn me on, she hadn't brushed her teeth, and she smelled, I couldn't get into it and kept pulling back when she tried to make out with me. I don't want to hurt her feelings and I really care about her, but I take care of myself daily and and her hygeine is bothering me. How do I get her to work on it?

TL;DR Girlfriend isn't taking care of herself and I don't know how to bring it up without hurting her feelings

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

shave her pubes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Meme Emulator posted:

Women have outnumber men in terms of graduating with degrees in chemistry and biology for like the last 15 years. Interestingly enough, math is at pairity now but physics is still super male dominated. Its really wierd since math and physics are the same drat thing

biology is chemistry
chemistry is physics
physics is math
math is philosophy

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

CheesyDog posted:

My (m28) girlfriend (f 26) isn't taking care of herself and I need adviceRelationships (self.relationships)

submitted 1 month ago by Jugglamaggot

Maybe just tell her if she's got hot rear end breath.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Watching each new generation of nerds realize that girls can be hot and have disgusting personal habits never fails to be hilarious to me

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
All of this reminds me of a parable the pastor at the gay church my dads took me to used to tell.

A man arrives at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter looks up his name and says, "Hmm... it appears you haven't been a particularly good or a particularly bad person. As such, you get to decide where you go. I'll give you a tour and then you can make your decision."

They go down to Hell. Everyone is holding a razor at the end of a 9 foot stick. In Hell everyone is sitting around sad and lonely, staring dejectedly at their unshorn genitals, spitting pubes out of their mouths, and just generally having a miserable time.

They go up to Heaven. Everyone is laughing and talking, sucking and loving, airing their perfectly smooth genitals in the heavenly breeze basking in the sun. In Heaven they're all holding the same 9 foot shavers. The man looks to St. Peter and says, "St. Peter, I don't understand. Why is everyone so sad in Hell and happy in Heaven?"

"Because," replies St. Peter, "in Heaven they shave each other's genitals."

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

CheesyDog posted:

Watching each new generation of nerds realize that girls can be hot and have disgusting personal habits never fails to be hilarious to me

Everybody I know that has a sister complained that when they were teens their sister would take these massive dumps in their toilet, clog it, and just leave the toilet overflowing with poo poo. My ex, two of my friends, my wife and my brothers wife all had a sister that would pull this.

I guess they didn't want to use public restrooms so by the time they got home they were extruding some massive tallboy?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

cumshitter posted:

All of this reminds me of a parable the pastor at the gay church my dads took me to used to tell.

A man arrives at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter looks up his name and says, "Hmm... it appears you haven't been a particularly good or a particularly bad person. As such, you get to decide where you go. I'll give you a tour and then you can make your decision."

They go down to Hell. Everyone is holding a razor at the end of a 9 foot stick. In Hell everyone is sitting around sad and lonely, staring dejectedly at their unshorn genitals, spitting pubes out of their mouths, and just generally having a miserable time.

They go up to Heaven. Everyone is laughing and talking, sucking and loving, airing their perfectly smooth genitals in the heavenly breeze basking in the sun. In Heaven they're all holding the same 9 foot shavers. The man looks to St. Peter and says, "St. Peter, I don't understand. Why is everyone so sad in Hell and happy in Heaven?"

"Because," replies St. Peter, "in Heaven they shave each other's genitals."

hosed up if true

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Panfilo posted:

Everybody I know that has a sister complained that when they were teens their sister would take these massive dumps in their toilet, clog it, and just leave the toilet overflowing with poo poo. My ex, two of my friends, my wife and my brothers wife all had a sister that would pull this.

I guess they didn't want to use public restrooms so by the time they got home they were extruding some massive tallboy?

My fiance's brother does that and he also pisses ALL OVER the toilet seat and floor. He's 11, and it's definitely on purpose.

If he's in a particularly friendly mood he'll send you a picture of his two-foot shitsnake, probably while you're at lunch.

He's an otherwise normal kid so I don't know what the gently caress.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Whorelord posted:

you're being that guy who tried to mansplain about vaginas

Where else do you go after ITsplaining about nursing?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Scathach posted:

My fiance's brother does that and he also pisses ALL OVER the toilet seat and floor. He's 11, and it's definitely on purpose.

If he's in a particularly friendly mood he'll send you a picture of his two-foot shitsnake, probably while you're at lunch.

He's an otherwise normal kid so I don't know what the gently caress.

he doesn't have to clean up afterwards. that's what's the gently caress. as soon as he realizes he's pissing all over his free time he'll stop. just rub his nose in it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

he doesn't have to clean up afterwards. that's what's the gently caress. as soon as he realizes he's pissing all over his free time he'll stop. just rub his nose in it.

Is it bad I want to tell him I'm going to start wiping his piss up with his pillow if he doesn't clean it tf up?

I know, I know, I'd be the rear end in a top hat because he's just a kid.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Scathach posted:

Is it bad I want to tell him I'm going to start wiping his piss up with his pillow if he doesn't clean it tf up?

I know, I know, I'd be the rear end in a top hat because he's just a kid.

I dunno, 11 seems old enough to understand consequences...

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

NecroBob posted:

Do... do people in the real world really get bent out of shape because someone is 15 minutes "late" for work that isn't retail?

That's high school poo poo

hell yes. People are petty as gently caress, and they are also the stupidest Dunning Kruger types. Some milk monitors never grow out of the role and simply being new (to a workplace, not even the role) is enough for them to be superior and arrogant and try to control others. You have to establish, iterate and maintain boundaries and document the gently caress out of everything because in most modern countries or whatever that constitutes harassment. Most academic departments, non-profits, and generic workplaces are just the Stanford prison experiment light, except you're all mostly equals and the badges are in their minds. Humans just loving love to control other humans.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you're Blind partner wants you to help them with basic poo poo just do it, like I don't have a vagina, nor am I going to tell anyone how to shave their vagina, but that woman clearly needs and is asking for help, and it's kind of hosed up you can't take care of your partner. Like if my wife or my girlfriend was suddenly in a wheel chair tomorrow and wanted me to wipe her rear end or whatever, I'd do it because I love her.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Turtlicious posted:

Like if my wife or my girlfriend was suddenly in a wheel chair tomorrow and wanted me to wipe her rear end or whatever, I'd do it because I love her.

This is why I've made an agreement with everyone I've ever entered a relationship with that if that happens to either of us it's a trip to dignitas or a pillow over the face

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Whorelord posted:

This is why I've made an agreement with everyone I've ever entered a relationship with that if that happens to either of us it's a trip to dignitas or a pillow over the face

Better dead than dependent.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

Turtlicious posted:

If you're Blind partner wants you to help them with basic poo poo just do it, like I don't have a vagina, nor am I going to tell anyone how to shave their vagina, but that woman clearly needs and is asking for help, and it's kind of hosed up you can't take care of your partner. Like if my wife or my girlfriend was suddenly in a wheel chair tomorrow and wanted me to wipe her rear end or whatever, I'd do it because I love her.

is this page 10 of how people are entitled to shorn pubic hair now?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Let's move on to deaf people getting circumcised, people.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
people who don't think circumcision is genital mutilation are tone deaf

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Let's move on to deaf people getting circumcised, people.

No, I want to talk about which way those without a sense of taste wipe

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Barudak posted:

towards the lip

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Barudak posted:

Standing up, back to front,then insert the tissue in an open wastebasket face up like all civilized poopers.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Biohazard posted:

You don't get to tease your friends for poo poo like their nationality and not expect them to throw something like being trans back in their face. I get that it might be a touchy subject, and that the issues are in no way equivalent

I'm just checking, but are you ranking which types of personal identity matter more/are more valid as a general rule, or specific to this circumstance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Panfilo posted:

Standing up, back to front,then insert the tissue in an open wastebasket face up like all civilized poopers.

I swear to God if you just summoned the "this $50 bidet hose from Amazon changed my life" guys...