Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

Snowed all day Sunday here in Toronto, so I appreciated this episode.

There was a scene of Eugene working on them a couple of episodes back, and an ongoing story line for a few episodes about him being injured when he wen out to set up antennas.

I can't even tell if this post is a parody.

"Who's the woman being called Queen? She kinda looks like Carol but has long hair, I'm so confused" this show is so confusing."

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah lol at being angry someone didn't notice the kid that has had no effect on the show

I think maybe the kid was shown early on with Michonne after the time jump but it meant nothing

I think Magna was gonna knife some people but then saw the kid in footy pajamas

Also the kid was at the dinner table once I guess

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
God I'm still thinking about how that finale was boring as hell

Negan was fun but besides that I dunno what I was supposed to care about

Also yeah a house with no heat sucks but maybe start collecting furs? Or did the whisperers kill all the cool game?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

Or did the whisperers kill all the cool game?

Do we really want to go back to CGI deer???

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I assume the jackets and pants and whatnot could be real and not green screen

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Show is bad, but the zombies look cool at least

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

moist turtleneck posted:

I assume the jackets and pants and whatnot could be real and not green screen

Can't be done. They will have to walk around in green skin suits and then add in the textures in post.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do we really want to go back to CGI deer???

deer.gif

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It amazes me that they did cgi deer instead of renting one from a deer farm

Or do a little vignette about having to use all the parts and showing how to properly harvest a deer from said farm

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It just looks like they bought a $400 stock video of a deer at the lowest resolution, and keyed it into the scene

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
You could probably buy an actual deer for better value

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

God I'm still thinking about how that finale was boring as hell

Negan was fun but besides that I dunno what I was supposed to care about

Also yeah a house with no heat sucks but maybe start collecting furs? Or did the whisperers kill all the cool game?

It's done often, I think Game of Thrones popularized having a big conflict in the penultimate episode and then using the finale to show some of the consequences from that battle and get things set up for the next season.

This was one of the better seasons, and a hell of a lot happened. At the start, Rick Grimes wanted to repair a bridge that would be used to unite the communities. Even the opening credits showed some progress, some new life blossoming.
Instead, Rick is missing and presumed dead, there was a big time jump, a lot of named characters were killed off, a new villain emerged with an overwhelming 'army', the Kingdom has fallen, and there doesn't seem to be much hope for their future.

moist turtleneck posted:

yeah lol at being angry someone didn't notice the kid that has had no effect on the show

Right back atcha, turtleneck

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The walking dead defender has logged on

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I was hoping to make some grand .gif upon picking it back up, but nope I'm just a bored moron.

https://i.imgur.com/EPsBU02.mp4

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Btw, this is clearly a homage to Die Hard 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdgFpPKxal0

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Binary Logic posted:

It's done often, I think Game of Thrones popularized having a big conflict in the penultimate episode and then using the finale to show some of the consequences from that battle and get things set up for the next season.

This was one of the better seasons, and a hell of a lot happened. At the start, Rick Grimes wanted to repair a bridge that would be used to unite the communities. Even the opening credits showed some progress, some new life blossoming.
Instead, Rick is missing and presumed dead, there was a big time jump, a lot of named characters were killed off, a new villain emerged with an overwhelming 'army', the Kingdom has fallen, and there doesn't seem to be much hope for their future.

Right back atcha, turtleneck

This season started allright but what really happened? A new army that isn't honestly scary? I'm not going to go in to the tactical lol because it's the loving walking dead. This is the new season's plot: "The communities are separated. They find a new badguy and Jesus dies. They lose ten more members including the prince because they have the worst security ever(off on a tangent here but that was the worst security gently caress up in the entire series by far. These people are trained survivors and they just get led to murder without anyone knowing what the gently caress. Yeah. Cool.)

I can't even go in to the snowstorm...I just can't.

Edit: I might have to back off from my "worse security gently caress up in the entire series" line...i remembered some things. A lot of things.

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 3, 2019

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

There was some cool moments but people saying the actual plot has gotten better are kidding themselves. Nothing makes any sense like it has for the last 6-7 seasons.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

This thread could use a Negan.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Fragmented posted:

This season started allright but what really happened? A new army that isn't honestly scary?

The residents of the Kingdom have explicitly shown and said they are scared by the new army.

quote:

I'm not going to go in to the tactical lol because it's the loving walking dead. This is the new season's plot: "The communities are separated. They find a new badguy and Jesus dies. They lose ten more members including the prince because they have the worst security ever(off on a tangent here but that was the worst security gently caress up in the entire series by far. These people are trained survivors and they just get led to murder without anyone knowing what the gently caress. Yeah. Cool.)

I can't even go in to the snowstorm...I just can't.

Edit: I might have to back off from my "worse security gently caress up in the entire series" line...i remembered some things. A lot of things.

There's a lot to criticize about the show/ A LOT.,

But
"I've faithfully invested my time and watched this show for 9 years, spend hours posting online about it, reading others' opinions, looking at images and gifs and clips, and didn't even notice huge plot points like a lead character being pregnant and having a child named Rick Jr" is not a criticism of the show, it's a self-own.

JossiRossi posted:

I was hoping to make some grand .gif upon picking it back up, but nope I'm just a bored moron.

https://i.imgur.com/EPsBU02.mp4

Thank you. Like Daryl in a snowball fight, I'm smiling for the first time in 9 seasons.

There's an article in The Hollywood Reporter with some notes / speculation about next season.

quote:

"We always like to have a little bit of mystery for the audience," Kang tells The Hollywood Reporter about the finale's final moment. "The radio voice falls in that mold. Any time we have a mysterious moment like this, whenever we have different entities and people come into our characters' world, it's something that's going to turn the story in a new direction. Hopefully it's all something you'll enjoy seeing in the next season."

The radio call calls to mind a similar moment from Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard's Walking Dead comic book series, one that utterly transformed the landscape of the zombie apocalypse — and indeed, is still transforming the comic book storyline.
Link for it:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...medium=referral

Boinks posted:

Show is bad, but the zombies look cool at least
So cool some of them are frozen solid.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Apr 3, 2019

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

The residents of the Kingdom have explicitly shown and said they are scared by the new army.

There's a lot to criticize about the show/ A LOT.,

But
"I've faithfully invested my time and watched this show for 9 years, spend hours posting online about it, reading others' opinions, looking at images and gifs and clips, and didn't even notice huge plot points like a lead character being pregnant and having a child named Rick Jr" is not a criticism of the show, it's a self-own.

Thank you. Like Daryl in a snowball fight, I'm smiling for the first time in 9 seasons.

There's an article in The Hollywood Reporter with some notes / speculation about next season.

Link for it:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...medium=referral

So cool some of them are frozen solid.

good to know this show can still cause meltdowns

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The blizzard with whiteout conditions that sliced negans leg with debris couldn't knock down a fuckin zombie lmao

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Maybe Negan is really fragile and all his points were put on offense

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
oof ouch my bones

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Season 1 was the best season and had similar numbers, so season 9 must be good, actually.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Season 10 needs to have more winter and also be like 8 episodes shorter.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Drrl could go out to Oceanside next season and do some mean shark jumping on his moped.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't understand why he has ethanol and nobody else gets some

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wait hold up Michonne has a son?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I actually prefer to have a nice "gently caress you" finale for this show.

"It was all a dream"

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The last act of the finale episode should be someone saying CUT and then we see it was all just a television show this whole time.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

"It was all a dream"

I'm down for that, a troll ending that recreates the scene of Rick waking up in the hospital except everything is fine and his best mate Shane is sitting next to him.

As Rick gets out of bed Shane makes a comment that he looks like death and Rick says "you have no idea!" before winking to the camera as the show skull wipes out.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

CODChimera posted:

Wait hold up Michonne has a son?

She was pregnant when Rick "died" iirc and it's his kid.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So that was it, huh?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

John F Bennett posted:

The last act of the finale episode should be someone saying CUT and then we see it was all just a television show this whole time.

No. It should be a Rick waking up in the hospital from season 1, except it's just the real world.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

"It was all a dream"

Alien invasion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

John F Bennett posted:

Also I have to assume you've seen the OA

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

What's the OA?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So I'm the only one of my friends who made the connection way back first half of this season when we see prisoner but not at peace with it Negan, but I swear this had to be intentional.

That said, the denim jumpsuit could just be to humanize him a bit and make it visually different from the white Savior torture getup.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

John F Bennett posted:

What's the OA?

It's a Netflix show.

So far, it's two 8 episode seasons and I think it's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

"It was all a dream"
Kirkman said that he would include Aliens if the comics ever made it to issue 100 or something so I think the issue where Glenn get splatted had a post-comic bit where RIIIIIIICK dies and his soul gets transported to BattlePlanet where he learns that aliens dropped the plague and they all live eternally as Gladiator Warriors in some kind of endless fight against the alien overlords. But they get cool superpowers, too