Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Ive been using one of those bench block things to do 2 or 3 board close grip press at the start of my tris and shoulders day whenever i am not travelling. It has been awesome and both my bench and ohp have responded well. Now im thinkung about bringing my bench block with me when i travel like a psycho.

david carmichael fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
blast all your holiday's worth of gear at once before you get on the plane to Valhalla

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Sludge Tank posted:

blast all your holiday's worth of gear at once before you get on the plane to Valhalla

Im thinkint more about people who have to travel often, or like powerlifters/strongmen who compete in other countries

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Trap bar farmers walks progression: increase weight or distance (time)? Obviously both is best but I want to keep one fixed to measure progress.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
No one is gonna be able to give you real answer because it is within yourself, do you wanna carry more weight, or carry it for longer?

*distance and time are not the same measurement either btw

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

david carmichael posted:

Ive been using one of those bench block things to do 2 or 3 board close grip press at the start of my tris and shoulders day whenever i am not travelling. It has been awesome and both my bench and ohp have responded well. Now im thinkung about bringing my bench block with me when i travel like a psycho.

Which made me think: how do steroid guys handle travel? Do they bring it with them on the plane, or find a new hookup when they land, or miss doses or what

Just carry it with you.

I’ve carried my legal stuff 100+ times and never had an issue. Even if you put it in your checked bag it’s really not gonna be an issue.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

dantheman650 posted:

Trap bar farmers walks progression: increase weight or distance (time)? Obviously both is best but I want to keep one fixed to measure progress.

its rudimentary. alternate it 2x a week. do distance one day and Weight the next

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

doverhog posted:

*distance and time are not the same measurement either btw

I’m aware. I try to keep a really steady pace though so there are approximately equivalent.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Just carry it with you.

I’ve carried my legal stuff 100+ times and never had an issue. Even if you put it in your checked bag it’s really not gonna be an issue.

I dont use anything because im too cheap to be willing to put money into my hobby. I just had always wondered about it. I guess if i got trt and it was covered by insurance id be in, but unfortunately my balls work good

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I also get randomly groped by tsa constantly and my poo poo combed through. Im glad i didnt bring my bench block and i will instead wear a hoody and stuff another hoody down my hoody, like a non insane person

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

david carmichael posted:

I also get randomly groped by tsa constantly and my poo poo combed through. Im glad i didnt bring my bench block and i will instead wear a hoody and stuff another hoody down my hoody, like a non insane person

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

dantheman650 posted:

Can you not measure progress by charting both metrics? They're both within the progressive overload prescription; just alternate each workout.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Couldn't you just have a distance/time range? When you reach the max of either, up the weight, then start at the lower distance/time and work back up ad infinitum.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I just keep the same distance (50 yards a set) and increase the weight while trying to still do the same number of sets.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

I just keep the same distance (50 yards a set) and increase the weight while trying to still do the same number of sets.

yeah generally I do one walk around the track, but i'm doing it with KBs not a trap bar so your space might be limited.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

What's the best pump, and why is it shoulders?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
the tren pump

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Forearm pump

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
:kazooieass:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

It’s the dick pump

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok this is going to be a stupid loving question but I’m not quite sure what I’m doing.

So last month I was doing strict powerlifting. Set rest set rest yadda yadda blah blah.

The past few weeks I’ve been trying something a little different. I’ll do a set then use the aerodyne bike / rower / farmers walks between the sets and just do that for the full workout.

I’ll aim to keep my HR between 130-145 (145 is 85% of my max) for the full workout which is about an hour or so.

It hasn’t hosed with my strength growth yet so I’m just gonna keep doing it for a while and hopefully increase my cardio endurance.

My question is though this isn’t really a HIIT workout right? My HR does spike up to 165 (ish) during work which is 90% of my Max.

So besides being kinda dumb what would I be doing called? HIIT lite? HIIT Ish? Anyway the only reason I’ve been doing it is because I’m kinda tired of waiting around and feel like I have energy to burn.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
You can't hide the fact that you're doing cardio behind fancy labels forever.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

feelix posted:

You can't hide the fact that you're doing cardio behind fancy labels forever.

Yeah but fancy labels sound way cooler.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

You're doing crossfit, my dude.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

You're doing crossfit, my dude.

Oh gently caress I have failed at life! I’ve tried so hard!

Although to be fair its not exactly CrossFit I’m not intentionally killing my self and loving my form up I’m more just attempting to keep an elevated HR though the entire time I’m in the gym.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Oh gently caress I have failed at life! I’ve tried so hard!

Although to be fair its not exactly CrossFit I’m not intentionally killing my self and loving my form up I’m more just attempting to keep an elevated HR though the entire time I’m in the gym.

Do it for the same reason I do: I'm old :lol:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Do it for the same reason I do: I'm old :lol:

Word I’m old as well :hfive:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I've also hosed up. I bought a heartrate monitor and and gone in an extra second hour (an hour's walk to and from the gym as well) for what the machines tell me is "fat burning."

RIP my gains :ghost:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Having sex with fat women is my cardio

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

Theirs too, I suppose.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Ain’t nobody losing they gains to some cardio

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

:hmmyes:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Stefi Cohen told me to never do more than 30 minutes of cardio.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I wish I had strong people like Stefi at my gym.

I'm pretty drat weak and from what I saw, I am in the top percentages at my gym. :mediocre:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I can't find my good tights and am inconsolable.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
600x4 deadlifts tonight :getin:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I thought my shoulder was gonna tear out of it's socket during heavy bench yesterday. I think after my current plan is all done I'm gonna switch to something that's more volume heavy so I can nail my form down perfectly.

Does anyone else miss the "stupid poo poo you see at the gym" thread? There's a "trainer" (I use quotations because I've seen him train clients and whoo boy it's not good) who will go up to where the cardio/boxing equipment is and spend like 45 minutes doing the worst shadowboxing I've ever seen and flexing in the mirrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

MA-Horus posted:

Does anyone else miss the "stupid poo poo you see at the gym" thread? There's a "trainer" (I use quotations because I've seen him train clients and whoo boy it's not good) who will go up to where the cardio/boxing equipment is and spend like 45 minutes doing the worst shadowboxing I've ever seen and flexing in the mirrors.

I have this guy in my gym, though fortunately I don't think he trains people. Always wearing a hoodie with the sleeves cut off. Apparently he got one of those 'high altitude masks' for Christmas because last I saw him he was wearing it while doing Bosu ball half squats.