Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

there is something truly lovely at how o&a's saga has turned out after 25 years. they used to be on the top of their game, competing with stern, being national radio, a household name, people looked up to them. I used to listen to them in high school and they seemed cool and a good radio show.

in college they used to have a whole bunch of really good comedians drop it and have really funny conversations, they had good taste and ran in respected circles of the comedy world.

flash forward to today and the only people who remember them are the fans, who have turned against them with extreme prejudice.

they'll likely finish off what careers they have left by being known as "that sad white supremacist pedophile", and "who is that?".

meanwhile jim norton is still a popular comedian, sam has a radio show, and stern is at perhaps the peak of his career and likely doesn't remember they exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

piratepilates posted:

meanwhile jim norton is still a popular comedian

WHOA, let's not say things we can't take back.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

red19fire posted:

he said popular comedian, not headliner

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is Bam Margera and this is having gay sex with your dad

Bam, c'mon, I got work in the mornin'. I don't needa have my dick sunked.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

red19fire posted:

he has a netflix special popular, which is far beyond what what's his name or ant could pull now

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
yeah they dont just give those netflix specials away

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

After listening to about 10 hours of the 12 hour Patrice on Movies YouTube compilation, there might not be anything funnier than listening to Norton and Patrice talk about Vice Squad.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Norton is a terrible comic. He is only popular because O&A fans show up at his shows. He would be nothing without being the third mic on their show. He is good at riffing on a radio show though but after awhile you realize 90% of his jokes fall into two categories and they are rephrased jokes that he's used countless times.

The same can be said about some other comedians still pulling enough people to do shows because of their O&A days of sitting in on the show. (Bob Kelly, Rich Vos)

Case closed.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 9, 2019

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

BrandonGK posted:

Ant spent twenty years in the radio business and apparently the only person he could find to run his podcast network is the incompetent ex-cop who does his laundry.

It's important that they planted drugs on a young black man first and that they can run a podcast second.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Norton is a terrible comic. He is only popular because O&A fans show up at his shows. He would be nothing without being the third mic on their show. He is good at riffing on a radio show though but after awhile you realize 90% of his jokes fall into two categories and they are rephrased jokes that he's used countless times.

The same can be said about some other comedians still pulling enough people to do shows because of their O&A days of sitting in on the show. (Bob Kelly, Rich Vos)

Case closed.

What's weird is that I think Vos is the only actually funny stand-up out of these three

Edit: I just went on YouTube to confirm this, and I now retract this statement

big boi fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 9, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

did opie just ride anthony's humor to popularity? listening to youtube uploads and they'll be riffing on something fun and he'll keep asking if they can move on or stop watching whatever it is they're mocking.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2019/03/10/unearthed-audio-tucker-carlson-makes-numerous-misogynistic-and-perverted-comments/223092

I didn’t think I’d ever hear about Bubba the love sponge again but well here we are in trumps America

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Disappointing Pie posted:

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2019/03/10/unearthed-audio-tucker-carlson-makes-numerous-misogynistic-and-perverted-comments/223092

I didn’t think I’d ever hear about Bubba the love sponge again but well here we are in trumps America

So much for the party of civility :grin:

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

did opie just ride anthony's humor to popularity? listening to youtube uploads and they'll be riffing on something fun and he'll keep asking if they can move on or stop watching whatever it is they're mocking.
Kinda but he also provided some steering impulses that Ant and Jim don't have. Also Opie was able to be an rear end in a top hat in a way that the other two were too big of worms to be other than over the phone. He had his own bits during the WNEW era (I remember Guess the Taint) but less so once they came to satellite.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
Wrasslin' fans are just loving Sam.

https://twitter.com/OwenHart/status/1104891941316112384

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Honestly the beard does him a massive favor by hiding most of his face

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Sam is going bald in the most hilarious way.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Owen Hart came back from the dead to poo poo on Sam.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

TL posted:

Sam is going bald in the most hilarious way.

It's starting to look like the mom from rugrats

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
I went to the Cumtown thread to see how the Bam interview went(he's back in rehab btw) and this is real and loving hilarious:

https://twitter.com/CJAY92/status/1006163426232668160

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Thats too many chairs to the head

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
This is a real thing.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Oh, Uncle Paul!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
i’M dRiNkInG wAtEr

ItS rEaLlY bEeR

aHpRuL fAhLs

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I only check this thread to see if anyone died

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've had my funny artie died post ready for like 5 years but he's gonna, for sure, outlive this forum and maybe even me

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I've had my funny artie died post ready for like 5 years but he's gonna, for sure, outlive this forum and maybe even me

Let's just take a peep in secret here in case he lives forever. We can all pretend it never happened, don't worry

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

magiccarpet posted:

I only check this thread to see if anyone died

Same. I don't know who any of the people referenced in the thread title are.

edit: except Artie

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I saw there were four new posts and assumed that someone had died

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I was expecting that either Artie had snuffed it or Ant had come out as a full(er) on nazi, but I guess not.

That said though, I recently discovered the “Laugh Your Tears Away” track from Dru Boogie and it’s pretty goddamn awesome.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Laugh away tears, fa la la la la

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You’re-a-loving-re-taaard.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

big boi posted:

I saw there were four new posts and assumed that someone had died

Same except 8 posts, god damnit

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I mean they're all already dead. It's just they're all too stupid to notice their skin is rotting off.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/StaplesRNFstar/status/1024828214705876997

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Cannot Have: Stairs that go up.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Oh man imagine getting to live with the guy who wrote filthy Christmas songs!!!! They're Christmas songs

But they're filthy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What % of the thread title is still accurate these days?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

What % of the thread title is still accurate these days?

(rip Opie)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't listen to any of these shows anymore but lurking the subreddit can be pretty entertaining