Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Interesting style from Effort g1 and g3, simply staying on hydralurk tech and never going for Hive so Rain never has a chance to bust. I think I like it and it obviously worked. The games that actually happened were good though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
p sure he held in game 1 because he plagued like the entire attacking army but yeah i agree he didn't prioritize it until he had like 70 supply of hydras

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

p sure he held in game 1 because he plagued like the entire attacking army but yeah i agree he didn't prioritize it until he had like 70 supply of hydras

I rewatched the end of the game and I didn't see any defilers or plagues? Entirely possible I missed something

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
lol his units were just red and I had it in a small window while I was watching

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Is this uploaded anywhere else?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
It's on Afreeca itself, with the caveat that they are broken and lovely as usual.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
wrong thread

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 17, 2019

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Not a particularly interesting final compared to some of the ro8/ro4 series. It's strange they set up a big event (and start an hour early) and don't even make it best of 7.

Lol that Last used his float factory into the opponents island expansion cheese two series in a row. Mini also had a terrible time getting any value from his reavers in most of the games and couldn't keep up with Last's ridiculous macro.

KSL is next up then.

Mymla posted:

Is this uploaded anywhere else?

http://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/42458592

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah not a great final

when does ksl start?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yeah not a great final

when does ksl start?

Qualifying starts later this week, group stage begins on April 18th

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
i hope they get mysteriously huge and wrinkly shirts for tastosis again for this ksl

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

skasion posted:

It's on Afreeca itself, with the caveat that they are broken and lovely as usual.

I've actually found the Afreeca site to be fine, although I've never tried to watch on mobile.

I am super impressed by Last's evolution as a player; his mechanics have been insane for a long time, but he's become a smart player and excellent series planner as well

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Do we have KSL season 3 groups yet? Seems like all the qualifiers should be done by now

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Not sure if there's a group listing, but you can see the offline qualifiers at

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/403310128

It's quite a slog at 8+ hours long. The last match in the Action vs Jat Z vs Z series is a highlight, coverage of the series starts at 3:34, and the final set starts at 3:52.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i hope they get mysteriously huge and wrinkly shirts for tastosis again for this ksl

They're planning ahead for how big they expect Tasteless to blow up to in future years. It seems like a good prediction to me (what a waste of a handsome genome).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Neurosis posted:

They're planning ahead for how big they expect Tasteless to blow up to in future years. It seems like a good prediction to me (what a waste of a handsome genome).

:chloe:

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007
Speaking of when Tasteless was young and pretty, what ever happened to that Korean caster that worked with him on the GOM tournaments?

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
lilsusie was great and they were a good team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj0Niy-fsIA

i miss those days

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Lmfao what a blast from the past. Tasteless sounds so different now. Guess he shouldn’t have smoked so much meth

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Lilsusie is in overwatch with Cloud9 now I believe. Also, is married to Montecristo, notoriously annoying former League-turned-Overwatch caster/analyst. At least he's not Thorin, I guess

Mata
Dec 23, 2003

Loiku posted:

Speaking of when Tasteless was young and pretty, what ever happened to that Korean caster that worked with him on the GOM tournaments?

Super Daniel Man? Apparently he's a capitalist now.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

lilsusie was great and they were a good team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj0Niy-fsIA

i miss those days

meh i liked her for the interviews she did with the players but as a caster she really did not know the game at all. super daniel man was a lot better.

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007

Mata posted:

Super Daniel Man? Apparently he's a capitalist now.

Yeah, that's the ticket. I seem to remember him always being kind of angry which was in stark contrast to tasteless' bubbly disposition. Tasteless doesn't seem nearly as enthusiastic any more.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

SlayerS_BoxeR is streaming Remastered and I'm feeling nostalgic as gently caress.

https://www.twitch.tv/boxer_lim

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 5, 2019

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

skasion posted:

Lmfao what a blast from the past. Tasteless sounds so different now. Guess he shouldn’t have smoked so much meth
The dude has eaten way too many pies and the beard just draws even more attention to it :/

edit: haha the birthday music for Artosis at the start of Trap/Maru is so adorable

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Loiku posted:

Yeah, that's the ticket. I seem to remember him always being kind of angry which was in stark contrast to tasteless' bubbly disposition. Tasteless doesn't seem nearly as enthusiastic any more.

They have awesome jobs but I imagine the monotony of doing it for 20 years would make most people unenthusiastic. It kind of showed when remastered introduced the observer camera zoom, a novelty, and when it was being underutilized by the pros it would make him go nuts.

Superdanielman did have that "angry" energy that was fun to hear when he ripped into a player's decision in game, like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?" and being 100% correct on it.
I didn't mine lilsuzie that much. I didn't start watching the korean games until around 2007-2008 but I felt that she was a good foil for tasteless when it came to new viewers who didn't know the nuances of the pro multiplayer stuff. She would ask tasteless questions that I would of liked to ask to help understand the game more. I felt kind of bad for her because the IRC and gomtv stream chats were overly brutal on her performance when I think she could have filled an important niche role.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iirc daniel completely lost his fuckin poo poo while casting one of idra's rare appearances when idra started talking poo poo in the game chat during the match. it owned.

(gently caress idra)

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Entorwellian posted:

I didn't mine lilsuzie that much. I didn't start watching the korean games until around 2007-2008 but I felt that she was a good foil for tasteless when it came to new viewers who didn't know the nuances of the pro multiplayer stuff. She would ask tasteless questions that I would of liked to ask to help understand the game more. I felt kind of bad for her because the IRC and gomtv stream chats were overly brutal on her performance when I think she could have filled an important niche role.

Yeah, it's a shame. They could take the approach of treating each season as a "crash course" in Brood War, using the early games to explain the basics and getting more in-depth as the rounds progressed, which would give new viewers a way in, and grow the audience. The lower quality of the early round games would enable that, and as you say lilsuzie had the style this calls for.

Anyone know when we're getting the next round of games?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

KSL season 3 groups start Thursday

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Sharp :ughh:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i was just happy to see devourers. they're not very common. we just need some scouts, ghosts and queens now

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Where do you go to find the schedule for these tournaments?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Aces High posted:

Where do you go to find the schedule for these tournaments?

Teamliquid or the liquipedia page, usually

Bad first week, bad commentators first week :/

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
its depressing how much my enjoyment of this game is tied up in tastetosis

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007
I liked the TvZ this week. A lot of high action micro dependent game play instead of just build order wins or skill mismatching.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

Growing up watching baseball, they know how to fill the boring downtime of the game and then let you know when real action is going on unlike other casters.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Sure love those screen wipe jump scares this season. :stare:

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

I was talking to Cadenzie in the Twitch chat and apparently she made it into the offline qualifiers but gave it up to commentate them.

I'm disappointed they don't have her on since she's a current Zerg pro and most of the match ups have Zerg in them.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
She's super new to casting, rapid has been around forever and even Noregret is starting to get some decent on-camera presence. She's probably got another year of being the backup to the backup

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

cadenzie needs to get a lot more practice, she's very knowledgeable but very very quiet and softspoken. hopefully she gets there 'cause it'd be rad to have a good woman commentator as well as someone who is better as backup than noregret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I do not like the Rapid/NoRegret combo largely because I feel like their game knowledge is lacking so a backup who actually knows SCBW sounds awesome to me.