Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
People who fling their hand off of the stick after every special move are a true mystery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

inthesto posted:

People who fling their hand off of the stick after every special move are a true mystery

It adds power.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Gotta put some english on it.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5nw69t?start=324

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Fighting Layer Ex news bulletin time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNtYvHpPNYU

Featuring a possible returning character, and a special seasonal surprise that's actually available for free right now on the appropriate stores!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Even if they do get to add Area, that'd be the worst note to go out on, she's the only character from that old roster that I don't think anyone missed.

The Steam version's still half off for a few hours: https://store.steampowered.com/app/871200/FIGHTING_EX_LAYER/

Terry's pretty much what you'd expect and similar to his KOF14 version, they even game him a couple lvl3s.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/1112642471593312257

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

how is the snk one?

I bought it to play cryatalis on the shitter :cheers:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Kins posted:

Fighting Layer Ex news bulletin time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNtYvHpPNYU

Featuring a possible returning character, and a special seasonal surprise that's actually available for free right now on the appropriate stores!

kind of crazy that they're saying "we don't even know if we can add this character" are they really doing that badly? Besides Fire Pro World this sounds like the most dire "we are making this thing by the skin of our teeth" revival game right now

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

how is the snk one?

Supremely high quality archival collection. The best treatment you could hope for.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That SNK collection has a feature where you can watch somebody else play the game completely, and at any point in the video you can take over the game and just play from that point.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Wait, did DoA used to be really big as an esport or something?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ventana posted:

You don't remember the WORLD CYBER GAMES?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't blame him honestly, all that tidday armor DLC costs a small fortune.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Ventana posted:

It was probably the first fighter to ever be esport, actually.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Toyota was Evo's first ever corporate sponsor, and it was for DoA4.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Pomp posted:

You don't remember the WORLD CYBER GAMES?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IznCjaeJdQ

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

DLC Inc posted:

kind of crazy that they're saying "we don't even know if we can add this character" are they really doing that badly? Besides Fire Pro World this sounds like the most dire "we are making this thing by the skin of our teeth" revival game right now

They made and self-published the game in a year with no money, it launched with no content and a convoluted pricing scheme, the animations are dated, the PC release came way too late for most people to care, Terry took eight months to show up, etc.

It did just well enough initially to make them think they could turn it around with the PC port, additional content updates, etc but I don't think it worked.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I wanted to like fexl as a goof around with casual friends game but awful presentation aside, just in gameplay, the gougi system is really confusing and im not sure its actually fun to have the first round be boring and the final round be a cluster gently caress of passive abilities in every match.
The level rotating gimmick from the initial april fools teaser was a way cooler bad idea than gougi.
Also the cancel windows are so small i have to use casual controls to get a dp to combo after normals cause i dont have the muscle memory of playing the old ex games i guess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bet the phrase "Day 1 dlc gems" made most people just immediately ignore it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm kinda the opposite on gougi, for all the time you have to spend explaining them to people upfront a lot of them don't actually do as much as you might expect.

In Training posted:

I bet the phrase "Day 1 dlc gems" made most people just immediately ignore it

That's absolutely what happened, and continues to happen even though they got rid of that poo poo.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
dunno why its so hard to just put grooves or melty blood moons into every game instead of this overly complicated yugioh deckmaking bullshit

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

darealkooky posted:

dunno why its so hard to just put grooves or melty blood moons into every game instead of this overly complicated yugioh deckmaking bullshit

But that’s what gougi is. You don’t make decks with cards, you pick preassembled decks which are basically just grooves that require a lot more explanation.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only thing separating FEXL from Power Rangers is graphics.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It all went down hill when they changed snyders win quote and increased the client file size from its svelte 500kb beta size

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Battle For the Grid is getting three new free characters in addition to the season pass content.

Udonna from Mystic Force, Black Dragon Trini from the comics, and... the blue ranger from the opening scene of the movie. Huh.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That is not a roster update that will keep people interested in the game. They need to get Zedd in there asap.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ivan Ooze or bust

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bulk and skull

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bulk and skull

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bulk and skull

To be fair, Bulk actually has a pretty good character arc (for a Power Rangers character) over the course of the series. I would love to see him somehow entered into the game. Hell, make his special moves be throwing out Skull and Rito Revolto (Bulk was his boss once)

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Nodosaur posted:

Battle For the Grid is getting three new free characters in addition to the season pass content.

When I looked up a youtube video of this game to see what its deal was, it actually surprised the poo poo out of me that it was a 3v3. Even with these free guys, that has to be one of the smallest rosters I've ever seen on a team fighter.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
How many did Skullgirls have at launch? 6? How many does the awful horse game have?

The power rangers all look the same, that's my beef. They're no fun to look at.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't like tag games without massive crossover rosters, feels like that's just missing the point

Barudak
May 7, 2007

All I require for a tag game is confirmation regarding their feelings on providing me transportation

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

How many did Skullgirls have at launch? 6?

hosed up if true, i'd have poo poo on it for being too small as well if i'd played it in that state.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Skullgirls had eight, so it was about as varied as MVC2, MVC3 and DBFZ when it came out!

:v:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Skullgirls launched with 8

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Skullgirls also gave you the option of using a team of 1, 2, or 3 characters with adjusted health/damage, although I'm not sure how popular NOT playing a team of 3 was at a competitive level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Barudak posted:

All I require for a tag game is confirmation regarding their feelings on providing me transportation

This took me far too long to get.