Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

That looks great! Awesome work!

Thanks, man. I’m thinking I might do the same for Majin Vegeta to give him a slightly less glossy look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
That could be a little harder to do. Either way you could at least make all of his clothes actually match, so that's something.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If you're happy with the color and just want it to be less glossy, a matte coat would work

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Gripweed posted:

If you're happy with the color and just want it to be less glossy, a matte coat would work

Any brand you recommend?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Nanigans posted:

Any brand you recommend?

I don't have enough experience in the matter to make a recommendation, the miniatures painting thread should be more helpful.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Gripweed posted:

I don't have enough experience in the matter to make a recommendation, the miniatures painting thread should be more helpful.

Thanks!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Been a while since I asked, but I am looking for a few BAF parts to finish off a few characters I have. I need the following:

Ebony Maw - The Arms
Kingpin - everything but the arms
Kree Sentry - Torso

Unrelated, but looking for someone with Professor X with hoverchair at retail price. Everywhere I look online has the Deadpool set in, but Professor X is at x2 markup.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How about close to retail? GameStop has them online for $45.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How about close to retail? GameStop has them online for $45.

For some reason I can't order on Gamestop website. It always gives me a error about my zip code no matter which payment I use.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Have you tried the ship to store option? It's been a LONG time since I ordered anything from them, but it should let you send it there to be paid for in person.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Have any of you ever dropped something or had something fall over and break, and apparently the broken piece vanishes into another loving dimension, never to be found?

Apparently one of my NECA endoskeletons took a tumble off a shelf today while I was at work, and one of the feet snapped off. Where is the foot? Who knows! :shrug:

Like yeah I have a cat who occasionally likes playing with stuff, but I'm practically turning my house upside down and I've got no idea where this thing went. Watch: it's going to turn up, like, in the glove box of my car for some reason.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

Have any of you ever dropped something or had something fall over and break, and apparently the broken piece vanishes into another loving dimension, never to be found?

I had a Transformer missile shoot off once, not powerfully or anything, just under my desk, but nope. GONE. Fallen into the ether. Searched every inch of that floor, and it never appeared again. :iiam:

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Nanigans posted:

I recently did a thing that I’m pretty proud of since I am the least coordinated person and have always sucked at things requiring precision.

You did a great job, the last two figures I tried to fix paint on I ended up making worse...

Xenomrph posted:

This has happened to me since I was a kid pretty regularly. Batarangs and Yoda cane's are the worst.

Last year my Figuarts Shinkocchou Seihou series Kamen Rider 1 fell off my desk right in front of me and two pieces basically de-materialized. The intent of this line is to be the ultimate Kamen Rider versions, the detail and quality on them is incredible even by Figuarts standards and they come in like Iphone style packaging. The pec pieces on the armor are even articulated, they go all out on them, the plastic feels a bit weightier, the paint apps even seem a bit more lush to my eyes at least. The design of this figure tried to fix common breakage issues on previous versions of Kamen Rider 1, mostly in the antennae and scarf. So this particular figure the head/neck antenna are made of a lot of different pieces, the neck has two ball joints in it for instance, a third if you count the scarf and the antennae are not glued in. The idea being that the figure will give in those places instead of breaking. So anyway, homeboy fell off the desk, hit the floor and came apart into like 8 pieces. The floor is white tile, no carpet, but both the antennae left this dimension, vanished instantly. My spouse and I spent an hour searching every corner of the room to no avail with torchlights and everything. The figure comes with an extra set of antenna as Bandai knows all this has happened before and all of this will happen again, but I'm spooked to put replacements in without supergluing them first. the holes are super tiny though and surrounded by extremely glossy paint so I'm nervous to even do that and just put him back in storage for the time being. Makes me sad even thinking about it because it's an awesome figure, one of those toys that just demands you change it's poses and such every time you see it because it's so cool to play with.

The_Doctor posted:

I had a Transformer missile shoot off once, not powerfully or anything, just under my desk, but nope. GONE. Fallen into the ether. Searched every inch of that floor, and it never appeared again. :iiam:

Yep, my Galaxy Convoy did this exact thing too.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sooper Gila posted:

You did a great job, the last two figures I tried to fix paint on I ended up making worse...

:unsmith: Thanks, man.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Every single piece of Zartan got lost piece by piece until finally he disappeared himself. First the face mask then the back pack then the gun then the speeder parts then the speeder then the figure.

When I got older I went through every part of the house finding the missing pieces to Star Wars figures, Transformers, He Men, and other Joes but Zartan just disappeared completely -- how appropriate.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Every single piece of Zartan got lost piece by piece until finally he disappeared himself. First the face mask then the back pack then the gun then the speeder parts then the speeder then the figure.

When I got older I went through every part of the house finding the missing pieces to Star Wars figures, Transformers, He Men, and other Joes but Zartan just disappeared completely -- how appropriate.

You're damned either way, because if you had replaced any of those parts it wouldn't be your Zartan anymore.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I once had to move every piece of furniture out of my hobby room and sweep the entire the floor, sifting through every dustpail load, before I found a 3 millimeter long model piece I'd dropped.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My mother lost my brother's Sephiroth figure's sword when she moved stuff in his room for no reason ages ago.

He never found it again even though the thing was gigantic. Those PAK figures are like 8 inches tall and I think in the game Sephiroth's sword is taller than he is?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

You're damned either way, because if you had replaced any of those parts it wouldn't be your Zartan anymore.

The Zartan of Theseus.

But man Zartan was probably like the coolest toy ever

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Zartan actually made one of your other figures disappear, and he’s been masquerading as it ever since. You’ll never know which one, but know that Zartan is still there.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The cigar fell out of my Duke Nukem's hand and I'm still salty I couldn't find it and it's been years. I don't know how but when small things fall off of shelves they find the most awkward and unlikely places to land.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's why they invented 3d printers I'm pretty sure.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Oh man one thing I'm still annoyed about is at work, I have a bunch of black series Star Wars figures, and when I moved desks I took all the lightsabers, taped them together and put them in a mug. When I moved and unpacked, all the lightsabers disappeared, so now I have a bunch of jedi on my shelf with no sabers and it's extremely sad.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Louisgod posted:

Oh man one thing I'm still annoyed about is at work, I have a bunch of black series Star Wars figures, and when I moved desks I took all the lightsabers, taped them together and put them in a mug. When I moved and unpacked, all the lightsabers disappeared, so now I have a bunch of jedi on my shelf with no sabers and it's extremely sad.

There are a couple Gundam models that could replace those Lightsabers. The RG Gundam 00 and the RG Gundam 00 Qan[t] both come with a bunch of extra beam sabers that should fit a Star Wars action figure.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Louisgod posted:

You’d think someone out there would make replacement Black Series accessories, but if they exist I’ve never found them. I broke my Guinness Obi-Wan’s saber blade right off the hilt like two years ago and now he just sits in the Landspeeder like Miss Daisy.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

There are a couple Gundam models that could replace those Lightsabers. The RG Gundam 00 and the RG Gundam 00 Qan[t] both come with a bunch of extra beam sabers that should fit a Star Wars action figure.

Eh, the 00 has those saber hilts that don’t look like Star Wars lightsabers. An RX-78 or GM got the cylinders that’d look more right.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

vkeios posted:

Eh, the 00 has those saber hilts that don’t look like Star Wars lightsabers. An RX-78 or GM got the cylinders that’d look more right.

The great thing about the 00 and the 00 Qan[t] is that they come with a variety of beam sabers, in Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker colors, that are way better than the Star Wars beam sabers

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Or you just get these:

Japan Kotobukiya - M.S.G Modeling Support Goods gimmick unit 03 LED Sword BLUE Ver. NON scale plastic model *AF27* https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C3PO9JW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vxKPCbA2V15W3

They come in all the main colors and light up.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Fuzz posted:

Or you just get these:

Japan Kotobukiya - M.S.G Modeling Support Goods gimmick unit 03 LED Sword BLUE Ver. NON scale plastic model *AF27* https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C3PO9JW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vxKPCbA2V15W3

They come in all the main colors and light up.

If you're going into the MSG line they have way better swords than that

Unite Sword

Vortex Driver

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh yeah my favorite scene in Star Wars is when Obi-Wan takes out his drill gatling gun.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

Oh yeah my favorite scene in Star Wars is when Obi-Wan takes out his drill gatling gun.

There was that bit where he killed General Grievous with a blaster I guess.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aphrodite posted:

In the Star Wars cartoon there's a dude who has a circle light saber that spins around and lets him fly like a helicopter. So we know that there are better light sabers than the ones in the first three movies, we don't have to stick with the old ones.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Xenomrph posted:

There was that bit where he killed General Grievous with a blaster I guess.

Don’t pretend that wouldn’t be loving awesome

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gripweed posted:

In the Star Wars cartoon there's a dude who has a circle light saber that spins around and lets him fly like a helicopter. So we know that there are better light sabers than the ones in the first three movies, we don't have to stick with the old ones.

And that guy tried to fly away and got immediately killed by Darth Maul.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Neat, Nebula has officially gotten a hot toys release! They have an album on the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/hottoys/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10156157274922344 should be it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 5, 2019

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Aphrodite posted:

This would make star wars better

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Speaking of Grievous, picked him and Wethead Luke up:

Aside from some weird Green Paint on Luke's eyes he's a pretty great figure, I'd say the second best black series Luke after the original wave 1 X-wing Pilot.

Grievous, well, I'll be nice and say I don't think he's as bad as a lot of reviewers have said but he's still a bit disappointing. The rumor is that it was designed several years back and then Hasbro had to sit on it for a couple of years because Disney didn't want them putting out any prequel figures for a while. No idea if that's true, but I think the 2010 TVC figure has considerably better sculpt, articulation, paint and all around design then this does. I don't want to sound totally negative, he looks very cool once put on the shelf posed with the clones that have been released so far, hopefully we get a lot more clone wars and prequels figures over the next year or so and he'll blend in really well. I'll be happier that I have him then especially if Hasbro makes some black series MagnaGuards, actually I'm sure I'll be a lot happier that I got him once the clone wars kenobi arrives too.

But on an utterly awesome note, as I had hoped figuarts is going to release both the netflix ultraman suits in August/September and they look really great. Quite a few pictures here.
https://tamashii.jp/special/ultraman

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

One time a gun from my Marvel Legends Star Lord fell behind the book case. I moved the book case, and I kept looking around on the floor... nothing. I lifted up the edge of the carpet... nothing. I felt around underneath the wall... and I finally found it.

WTF?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I think I've got a new addiction. I'm loving these Mythic Legions I just picked up. .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I could see myself getting addicted to Mythic Legions way too easily... They always look like so much fun. But I think my only hope is to find somebody desperate to sell off their huge collection like 15 years from now.