Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
decades of television have portrayed the fbi as the good guys. reality, where the fbi is the exact opposite, can't compete with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

decades of television have portrayed the fbi as the good guys. reality, where the fbi is the exact opposite, can't compete with that.

I used to enjoy zoning out to old Law and Order episodes, and while I knew on an intellectual level that this is all West Wing style fanfic, I could still enjoy it. Ever since reading The New Jim Crow though they're ruined for me, as I'm just filled with rage whenever confronted with liberal Sorkinist revisionism

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
ice t explains the down low

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

I used to enjoy zoning out to old Law and Order episodes, and while I knew on an intellectual level that this is all West Wing style fanfic, I could still enjoy it. Ever since reading The New Jim Crow though they're ruined for me, as I'm just filled with rage whenever confronted with liberal Sorkinist revisionism

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1087143660389466112

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I feel now that I was overly verbose

A master has already said what I wanted, better

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Megan Amram's profile picture makes me laugh every time I see it

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

I can still watch Lenny snark in the old episodes, but anything post-9/11 is gross.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/Tlpage3/status/1112172677106675712

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

My wife loves watching law and order with me, because I point out all the times the cases should be thrown out

by "loves watching law and order" with me I mean she refuses to anymore

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Inspector Hound posted:

My wife loves watching law and order with me, because I point out all the times the cases should be thrown out

by "loves watching law and order" with me I mean she refuses to anymore

Own the pigs and the wife. Double victory

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Halloween Jack posted:

He doesn't have to; liberals are credulous boobs and will gleefully lick the FBI's boots for as long as there's a chance Strong Law Daddy will make Orange Bad Man go away. Hopefully their borderline-fascism deflates a bit when the Mueller Report turns out to be nothing.

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHH!!

I am coming over right now to take ur gunz and beef products then slap a cancer-inducing wind farm up your rear end. You absolute loving mentally deficient idiot. :allears:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

armchairyoda posted:

I am coming over right now to take ur gunz and beef products then slap a cancer-inducing wind farm up your rear end. You absolute loving mentally deficient idiot. :allears:

?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Republicans are saying the Green New Deal bans cows, and today Trump said wind farms make a sound that gives you cancer.

America

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Why is our big tangerine boy so upset at wind farms?

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

Because they don't burn coal.
Because he keeps losing court battles in Scotland over windfarms around his golf course.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
"they ruin the views of the coastline"

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Heath posted:

Because admitting wind power and other renewable energy is good means tacitly admitting that fossil power is less good which means they've been making bad or selfish choices most of their lives. And Trump conservatives can never, ever admit fault, however trivial.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

God I hope that the eating crow is literal.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

God I hope that the eating crow is literal.

they'll be okay with it as long as 'those people' down the way don't have crow to eat

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Asimo posted:

Because admitting wind power and other renewable energy is good means tacitly admitting that fossil power is less good which means they've been making bad or selfish choices most of their lives. And Trump conservatives can never, ever admit fault, however trivial.

This is why the right at large are mad but as a part above said it's because they're building then in Scotland near Trump's golf course. Trump has repeatedly been told to let go of his mushroom dick and waddle home when he's tried to fight them going up. It's all about perceived loss of prestige for the orange melted butter stick. The fact that it dovetails nicely with the anti renewable sentiment is a bug not a feature.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
he’s a Republican now it’s most definitely a feature

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The wind turbine thing is 100% about Scotland. Trump does not forget slights and will bend over backwards to get back at anyone who wronged him... in this case, the equipment and not the actual people

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

It's also because he has no friends in the renewable world that can help him profit off it somehow

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
It's also because of hair.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
also windmills are genuinely not his aesthetic. his is bright gaudy tacky garbage pretending to be rich

and it's not possible to spray paint windmills gold and cover them in baroque carvings because they would disintegrate in the elements

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

LMAO. Doesn't care about anything other than the fact that he has to admit he was wrong. It's all about him. LOL

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

armchairyoda posted:

Sir, our beef is always fresh, never frozen. Which one would you like?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Heath posted:

because he's a doofus who never got past the first chapter of Don Quixote

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Heath posted:

Goes back loving years to Scotland and Ireland wanting to build windfarms off the coast of his golf courses.

Noted paragon of good taste Tripml said they were ugly and threw a tantrum and has been raging about windfarms since.

That's literally it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

"they ruin the views of the coastline"

Turbines look loving awesome, I've never understood this line of reasoning.

I'm also not a mush-brained boomer, so that's probably why

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

It's the only good part of the drive through West Texas

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

yeah i got to see one of the small windfarms we have here in PA during a greyhound ride and it was pretty majestic honestly. :shrug:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Danaru posted:

They miss the days of smog blocking out the sun and strange colored waters

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Danaru posted:

They certainly look a hell of a lot better than oil refineries and smog. Unless you're some fuckin' chud, in which case:

Weak and ugly

Big and beautiful

Wind does have it's problems (weather-reliant, destroyer of birds), but it's much better than the cancer plague that fossil fuels cause.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bogus Adventure posted:

destroyer of birds

this one isn't true btw

they can be dangerous to maintain though

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
yeah wind turbines don't kill many birds at all

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this one isn't true btw

more dangerous than lineman work???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the poultry industry kills more birds than all of those combined checkmate libs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

more dangerous than lineman work???

iirc yes, but idk if that included lineman work that's also in the terrain the wind turbines typically need to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this one isn't true btw

They are dangerous to birds of prey and migratory bird populations

https://www.birdlife.org/worldwide/news/new-study-pinpoints-birds-prey-hardest-hit-wind-farms

quote:

The most vulnerable species were found to be birds of prey, especially the White-tailed Sea-eagle Haliaeetus albicilla, Golden Eagle Aquila chrysaetos and Griffon Vulture Gyps fulvus - partly due to the fact that they often use artificial habitats such as farmland for their hunting, which is where onshore wind farms are most often placed. A recent Nature article suggests that the high collision rates for raptors could also be due to their visual adaptions for hunting; they have a large blind spot directly in front of them which means that a wind turbine can catch them completely out of the blue.

The high vulnerability of birds of prey is especially problematic as many such species are slow to reproduce, meaning that the loss of breeding adults in fatal collisions has a much greater effect on the population than on many other species. Added to this, many birds of prey are already globally threatened, especially African and Eurasian vultures, so windfarms in the habitats of these birds have the potential to worsen an already drastic situation for the survival of these species.

That being said, I'm not arguing against wind. I will say that we need to cull the cat population. Where is a pussy annihilator when you need one?