Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ryonguy posted:

Tech is riddled with chuds, they just are a lot smarter than the average egg on twitter, so they simply do poo poo behind the scenes.

https://www.thestranger.com/news/2017/10/04/25451102/we-snuck-into-seattles-super-secret-white-nationalist-convention

The rear end in a top hat who got fired from Google is just the tip of the iceberg.

The people handling reports are basically call center employees with even worse jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Endless Mike posted:

I want even useless measures by which he is wrong like page size or number of updates.

Here's the number that matters:

Girl Genius: campaigns run 7, campaigns fulfilled 7. All campaigns fulfilled before the next one launched.

Cyberfrog: campaigns run 3, campaigns fulfilled 0.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Since he launched his first one I've ran and fulfilled two entire comic projects

Edit: lol cyberfrog is meant to be under 50 pages long? bad at comics, good at scams

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Kojiro posted:

Since he launched his first one I've ran and fulfilled two entire comic projects

Edit: lol cyberfrog is meant to be under 50 pages long? bad at comics, good at scams

LMAO

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kojiro posted:

Don't worry! Honeyfrog is totally going to be at the printer by the end of this month! EVS said so. He has plenty of time to cut up Captain Marvel action figures!

https://twitter.com/ObscureAaron/status/1113629579510337537

See? The picture of a productive artist with bonus sanity for good measure!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The unfinished comic is literally in the background of that image lmao

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The people handling reports are basically call center employees with even worse jobs

Okay, they're still repeatedly and consistently siding with white supremacists in their decisions. Almost as if the article where they talk about getting a foot in the door at tech companies in any way possible is the issue. Especially low level positions such as...

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

call center employees

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is there some sort of Twitter code I'm missing for <handle> followed by eight digits? I don't see it for CG so much, but it does crop up a lot with Vic Mignogna supporters.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Dawgstar posted:

Is there some sort of Twitter code I'm missing for <handle> followed by eight digits? I don't see it for CG so much, but it does crop up a lot with Vic Mignogna supporters.

Yes, they're commonly known as russian troll farm accounts. Here's a thread with a breakdown

https://twitter.com/conspirator0/status/900158823515770880

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

I want even useless measures by which he is wrong like page size or number of updates.

Here's another:

https://twitter.com/_gabrielpicolo/status/1113843693834969092

Picolo, by the by, is doing art on the Raven book for the DC Ink line. So despite EVS' claims you can apparently have a successful indie project AND work for the Big Two.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

ryonguy posted:

Tech is riddled with chuds, they just are a lot smarter than the average egg on twitter, so they simply do poo poo behind the scenes.

https://www.thestranger.com/news/2017/10/04/25451102/we-snuck-into-seattles-super-secret-white-nationalist-convention

The rear end in a top hat who got fired from Google is just the tip of the iceberg.

Twitter's CEO, Jack Dorsey, is pretty much the prototypical tech bro billionaire. He's a Buddhist who goes on crazy mediation retreats for days/weeks and comes back to tweet about how enlightening it was. When people point out what the Buddha said about the accumulation of excessive wealth, he just shrugs and ignores it. He reportedly had had Azelea Banks make a talisman out of his beard hair to protect against ISIS. He's also a Bitcoiner who spends $10k a week on it.

Twitter is basically doomed to be a nightmare under him.

Dawgstar posted:

Twitter will put a string of random numbers on the end of a suggested username if it's taken. Most people would put in the effort to make a more unique Twitter handle, but some people don't care/are bots and go with it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Jack is a Buddhist like im the loving president

Dude is a straight up nazi

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dawgstar posted:

Here's another:

Picolo, by the by, is doing art on the Raven book for the DC Ink line. So despite EVS' claims you can apparently have a successful indie project AND work for the Big Two.

I love you can see EVS' lower funding in dat tweet.

Also, just sent some love to Picolo Ma Junior over there. Looked like a cool book, Icarus and the Sun.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

He reportedly had had Azelea Banks make a talisman out of his beard hair to protect against ISIS.

To be fair, if I had a lot of money I would probably make Azealia Banks do weird stuff too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Seriously, lol. Nuns with Guns do you just read softball interviews with him or something lmao?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

Here's another:

The problem with working for the Big Two versus running endless funding projects for Cyberfrog is Marvel and DC want you to eventual finish the art so they can actually publish the book, so you can see why it's impossible for EVS to do that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

considering the country he chose to go on a buddhist retreat to was Myanmar, they're not mutually exclusive

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Dawgstar posted:

Don't worry! Honeyfrog is totally going to be at the printer by the end of this month! EVS said so. He has plenty of time to cut up Captain Marvel action figures!

https://twitter.com/ObscureAaron/status/1113629579510337537

See? The picture of a productive artist with bonus sanity for good measure!

Look at how much I don't care about these crappy toys, as I buy dozens of them and then record myself dismembering them for Youtube.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Jack is Buddhist in the way that all tech guys are obsessed with eastern mysticism. It doesn’t really matter the brand itself, just that it’s eastern.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

site posted:

If you can be a Christian and a nazi you can be a Buddhist and a nazi IMO

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay fair but lets split the difference at heavily quotationed """""""""christian/buddhist""""""""""" because those people are completely antithetical to the teachings of the religion and just use it for cover

Alaois posted:

considering the country he chose to go on a buddhist retreat to was Myanmar, they're not mutually exclusive

facebook had just been used to perpetuate genocide there and jack wasnt about to lose engagement to fuckerberg

site fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 4, 2019

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This isn't directly related to comics, but this gif I clipped out of a Red Letter Media video pretty much sums up Comicsgate.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that's the red letter media guy? how can yall stand to look at that

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You'll be old someday too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Luckily I do not in fact seem to be aging into the prototypical male British terf

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

What in the world.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

TheHan posted:

Look at how much I don't care about these crappy toys, as I buy dozens of them and then record myself dismembering them for Youtube.

It's the "for the entertainment of tens of thousands" part that makes me laugh. What collection of Baevis and Butthead motherfuckers think cutting up an action figure is entertaining?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

What in the world.

He's extremely the kind of guy that sets off alarm bells to try and avoid on the street or in the store so as to not get accosted

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thats just what people from wisconsin end up looking like eventually

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Endless Mike posted:

Seriously, lol. Nuns with Guns do you just read softball interviews with him or something lmao?

Noooo? I'm saying he's an insufferable billionaire hypocrite who appropriates eastern philosophy for self-gratification while running a massive social media website filled with hate speech he refuses to curtail based on dumbass "concerned centrist" notions of free speech.

Did you read more of my post beyond the sentence site posted and think I want people to see him as anything besides a lunatic shithead?

site posted:

okay fair but lets split the difference at heavily quotationed """""""""christian/buddhist""""""""""" because those people are completely antithetical to the teachings of the religion and just use it for cover

That was my point, yeah. Every time someone goes "You know Buddha said these exact things you're doing right now are monstrous" he replies with some bullshit about how that's not "his interpretation".

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 4, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bessantj posted:

It's the "for the entertainment of tens of thousands" part that makes me laugh. What collection of Baevis and Butthead motherfuckers think cutting up an action figure is entertaining?

I have read stuff that says it's the chuds who are the ones who actually engage with that sort of thing the most, so they probably are plopped in front of his YouTube channel going 'you MAY take in a billion dollars at the box office but you'll NEVER TAKE our freedom to cut up your action figures!'

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

bessantj posted:

There's a certain lunatic fringe out there in the Discourse who would ritually self-immolate if they thought it would, somehow, even if only for a second, "trigger a lib."

site posted:

that's the red letter media guy? how can yall stand to look at that

There's a certain persona that Mike Stoklasa inhabits on his shows that's much drunker and dumber than the actual Mike, although he does have a bad habit of being a contrarian jackass.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Alaois posted:

:rip:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Stolaska has more or less created a persona for himself that is actually a very effective satire of Nerd manchildren as a whole:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf2tBFfMLMk

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Alaois posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuPzgGEWwAEpXKo.jpg

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

I have read stuff that says it's the chuds who are the ones who actually engage with that sort of thing the most, so they probably are plopped in front of his YouTube channel going 'you MAY take in a billion dollars at the box office but you'll NEVER TAKE our freedom to cut up your action figures!'

Wanderer posted:

There's a certain lunatic fringe out there in the Discourse who would ritually self-immolate if they thought it would, somehow, even if only for a second, "trigger a lib."

They could hold the action figures while they did it.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Hey, on the plus side you get a funny Fargo-like accent

....Unless you live in Milwaukee like the RLM guys, then it's an awkward cross between Fargo and Chicago

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 5, 2019

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

site posted:

He just likes swastikas.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He just likes swastikas.
:pseudo: Actually I think you'll find he's just a Jainist who is bad at hanging holy symbols and doesn't own a level.

it goes without saying I'm kidding but just in case: gently caress Jack, ban the Nazis, burn Twitter to the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Speaking of Christians and Buddhists