Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

time to scour your post history to find a gbs post to hit

I'm 98% certain I've never posted in GBS. Sorry

What a poo poo page snipe.

4th March 1890 - Forth Bridge is opened. It still looks cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lobster God posted:

Lol @reporterboy just blocked me and called me an irrelevant muppet after I complimented him on his breakdown.

i'm glad i've got everyone else joining in

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

brian posted:

I swear there was one about bradley from s club 7 too

Baka Kaba and goddamnedtwisto.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Firos posted:

There was one about S Club 7 too that I think has since been changed. Long lost to these ancient forums but forever in our hearts.

Nah that's baka, I think?

Or twisto

E hyber beaten

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back.
Derail time!

5 or 6 times over the last year or two we've seen a hedgehog in our back garden. My kid loves nature and all things animals so I think we're gonna build a hedgehog feeding house over easter holidays.

Seeing as nature Is A Good Thing, is there anything else relatively easy I could do with a 10yr old to get make my garden more wildlife friendly?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Barry Foster posted:

Nah that's baka, I think?

Or twisto

One of those is Bradley and one is Paul but yeah they follow the same format.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Lobster God posted:

Lol @reporterboy just blocked me and called me an irrelevant muppet after I complimented him on his breakdown.

I highly advise everyone to like this tweet and its replies as its kinda fun watching this dickhead melt down

https://twitter.com/PropertySpot/status/1102043535182872576

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes, that's the one thanks.

It's the best recent explanation of why 'ultra-nationalist' or 'a big oval office' is not sufficient.

brian posted:

That was goddamnedtwisto.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Brexit is bumming me out, does anyone have a source for the farage plane crash pics? Those always cheer me up.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think there needs to be some focus on how close to the brink we are yet again.

Including today there are 4 working days before we have to present something to Europe.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm assuming my av is a murder on the Orient express situation

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

WhatEvil posted:

Baka Kaba and goddamnedtwisto.

thats the ticket

i once met bradley from s club 7 at a mcdonalds in kingston

he was a big knob and threw chips at random people and called a girl waiting in line "pringles"

so i'm pretty glad that he's now in forgotten celebrity hell and hopefully he's either reformed and apologised a lot or is destitute

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol i just found this for other reasons but its funny that he's both a nonce and a terrorist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2snwxSGn-Y

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

If one of my friends had Nigel Farage-level opinions they would very quickly stop being a friend

well gently caress

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The one about chieveley services cracks me up every time, it's so delightfully specific in its mundanity.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

lol i just found this for other reasons but its funny that he's both a nonce and a terrorist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2snwxSGn-Y

"False dissimilation"

Which one is the noncing failed killer?

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

forkboy84 posted:

"False dissimilation"

Which one is the noncing failed killer?

the one in the preview

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Necrothatcher posted:

I highly advise everyone to like this tweet and its replies as its kinda fun watching this dickhead melt down

https://twitter.com/PropertySpot/status/1102043535182872576

lmfao he blocked me too

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

lmfao he blocked me too

lmao

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Jose posted:

i'm glad i've got everyone else joining in

You're an inspiration

The sign of true desparation:

https://twitter.com/JamesCIeverlyMP/status/1113891147066351616?s=19

Lobster God fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 4, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is everyone in that picture a poster itt?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Jose posted:

Yep looks like it.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Oh dear me posted:

Baby boomers were only about a third of the electorate in 1979 and they mostly voted against Thatcher. Similarly Reagan was elected by people older than Boomers. Wealth was the important thing, as usual.

Unless I hosed up the statistics, no they voted for Thatcher in 1979 (by a narrow margin) and then in '83, when she ran on the full on right wing FYGM platform, by a much larger margin. They didn't vote for the Tories before then, which suggests it was the FYGM idea that really got them going.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

"I have already contacted the EU to let them know who I am."

Promising start imo

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Firos posted:

Yep looks like it.

Believe so, can't remember who most of them are though.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

holy rofl

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Midnight- posted:

Derail time!

5 or 6 times over the last year or two we've seen a hedgehog in our back garden. My kid loves nature and all things animals so I think we're gonna build a hedgehog feeding house over easter holidays.

Seeing as nature Is A Good Thing, is there anything else relatively easy I could do with a 10yr old to get make my garden more wildlife friendly?
Bird feeders, maybe?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Definitely no insecurities from the man who is very very angry about how relevant he is compared to you.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

His meltdowns are amazing. I never use twitter as a rule, however this is too good not to join in.

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1113904822720319493

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

WhatEvil posted:

Believe so, can't remember who most of them are though.
I'm the cartoon ghost. :ghost:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Not the real James Cleverly alas

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Guavanaut posted:

Yes, that's the one thanks.

It's the best recent explanation of why 'ultra-nationalist' or 'a big oval office' is not sufficient.

I don't disagree with what was said here: this preamble says that fascism can exist today which is absolutely true but its main point distinguishes between militarism, authoritarian, nationalism, etc and fascism which was also my point. There has to be that potent, virulent and violent mixture of all of those that Farage dances around but doesn't quite centre himself in. That's why I feel there's that distinction where other real world figures do embody as a contrast.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

can't believe you all ruined my follower count when i was so close

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

fuctifino posted:

His meltdowns are amazing. I never use twitter as a rule, however this is too good not to join in.

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1113904822720319493

I'm in awe of a guy who writes an unsolicited message to every single person that has liked a tweet, and then act aggrieved when people start teasing him.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

brian posted:

:smith: am I really so unmemorable?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Midnight- posted:

Derail time!

Wildflowers for bees and butterflies.

If you've got the space, bumblebees love big poppies.

You can make a ladybird house (in Norfolk they call this The Bloody Cathedral of The Bishop That Burneth) from a shallow pot tray full of small pebbles kept up of the ground on a brick, or from a chair leg drilled full of radial holes and mounted to a shed.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jose posted:

yup (im giles)

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm in awe of a guy who writes an unsolicited message to every single person that has liked a tweet, and then act aggrieved when people start teasing him.

There was a fun little Twitter thread which had some screenshots of journalists reminiscing about Twitter before it got really popular and they could just message their co-workers and friends without people calling them out and it's really obvious that they never learned how to deal with it.

Edit: Congrats to Jose for commissioning a pile on despite only having 70 followers.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Necrothatcher posted:

gently caress me, that was quick. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Lol what the hell the fake Clevery account is gone.