Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Kind of hard to listen to RWM anger about Biden when "grab em by the pussy" Trump was excused as "locker room talk", and Roy Moore was still better than ANY Democrat. Not excusing Biden in the least, my neck just hurts from the 180 and NOW they care about this behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Joe...Rogan?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Weirdly I'd much rather listen to RWM be angry about Biden's behavior than listen to liberals claim that this is all a Russian plot to discredit Biden and that he didn't have any malice in his actions so him being grabby is totally fine.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

And the wedding ring. Isn't Shapiro the guy who always has to feature it to prove his awesome sexual discipline? Or is that Walsh? I get these factory built conservatives mixed up sometimes.

I thought that was Walsh but now I think it might be Crowder since I remember him having a lot of really awkward photos where he's positioned his hand like he's giving a half-assed pledge of allegiance so you can see his wedding band.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Weirdly I'd much rather listen to RWM be angry about Biden's behavior than listen to liberals claim that this is all a Russian plot to discredit Biden and that he didn't have any malice in his actions so him being grabby is totally fine.

Are liberals actually doing this? Honestly haven't checked, most left leaning people I know are certainly not.

I'm sure RWM will totally hold their own to task the next time sexist stuff happens ahahahaha.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Radio Nowhere posted:

Are liberals actually doing this? Honestly haven't checked, most left leaning people I know are certainly not.

I'm sure RWM will totally hold their own to task the next time sexist stuff happens ahahahaha.

I've heard some people advance the idea that it should be remembered he wasn't being intentionally creepy, but even then they made it clear that his half-apology was unacceptable, and he needed to own his fuckups instead of trying to "I'm sorry you feel that way" his way out.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So Tucker Carlson is literally pushing The Great Replacement now

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1113232931802308608?s=19

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Radio Nowhere posted:

You have to remember that some people on here are deep in Twitter grudge holes where they truly believe random accounts with a few thousand followers define the entire US populace.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

CuddleCryptid posted:

So Tucker Carlson is literally pushing The Great Replacement now

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1113232931802308608?s=19

White people literally cannot be replaced fast enough, sadly.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Twelve by Pies posted:

Same, because RWM is hypocritical but right in this case, whereas I'd like to expect better from liberals + the left.

fishmech posted:

You have to remember that some people on here are deep in Twitter grudge holes where they truly believe random accounts with a few thousand followers define the entire US populace.
Alyssa Milano is a bit bigger than a random account with a few thousand followers, and she came out with a Biden apologetics thread.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This is the collector's edition special costume Skinhead Shapiro.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

pookel posted:

Same, because RWM is hypocritical but right in this case, whereas I'd like to expect better from liberals + the left.

Alyssa Milano is a bit bigger than a random account with a few thousand followers, and she came out with a Biden apologetics thread.

Yeah she kinda sucks because she tries to do good poo poo but then bristles and gets pissy when poc call her out on her dumbass white feminism bullshit. She is seemingly incapable of taking criticism or learning from it at this point which makes her a fundamentally lovely ally. Like if nothing else I suppose I can appreciate that her heart is mostly in the right place but I sorry that's not enough for someone with so many resources at their disposal.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Keeshhound posted:

I've heard some people advance the idea that it should be remembered he wasn't being intentionally creepy, but even then they made it clear that his half-apology was unacceptable, and he needed to own his fuckups instead of trying to "I'm sorry you feel that way" his way out.

I can get behind this. There are different levels of creepy behavior, and I don’t think he’s a complete monster, but he needs to own up to his past. Biden’s biggest flaw, from what I’ve seen, is that he doesn’t appreciate how the world has moved on and things people put up with* in the 80’s are no longer acceptable.

*This isn’t saying those things were “okay” at the time, just that a powerful white man could do them without being challenged.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ulio posted:

This is the collector's edition special costume Skinhead Shapiro.

Used Eraser Ben Shapiro

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Jurgan posted:

I can get behind this. There are different levels of creepy behavior, and I don’t think he’s a complete monster, but he needs to own up to his past. Biden’s biggest flaw, from what I’ve seen, is that he doesn’t appreciate how the world has moved on and things people put up with* in the 80’s are no longer acceptable.

*This isn’t saying those things were “okay” at the time, just that a powerful white man could do them without being challenged.

Nah Feinstein said today he's a good guy and doesn't bother her, it's just who he is. Time to move on to the next story.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Republicans posted:

Honestly that looks way better.

:ughh:

Seriously? I mean he's ugly as poo poo regardless, but goddamn.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
What's going on with his ear?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Joe Rogan is a good example of how to ruin your reputation by peddling around with right-wing grifters and pretty much self-admitted fascists.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
We're still debating whether the republican party is a white nationalist party even though they're literally paying black people to regurgitate white nationalist talking points verbatim, especially with that first sentence:

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1112668955754287106

Candace Owens really is a tragic figure in her own way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Slutitution posted:

Joe Rogan is a good example of how to ruin your reputation by peddling around with right-wing grifters and pretty much self-admitted fascists.

Let's be honest here, he didn't have much of a reputation to ruin in the first place. Finding out the sassy dumb guy from News Radio / color commentator for the UFC is a huge fascie rear end in a top hat isn't a particularly devastating development.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
How did Candace Owens come back from that "Hitler was okay before the Holocaust" stuff?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Lycus posted:

How did Candace Owens come back from that "Hitler was okay before the Holocaust" stuff?

At this point the chuds don't really care about 'hiding the power level', so to speak. Even their mainstream voices are fully on board with torture, concentration camps, censorship os opposition and such, and the online ones are worse.

The whole 'we hate nazis!' bit is already fading fast from conservatism, and will be gone before the last boomer is gone to tut-tut at the rude kids. Not to mention that since they already tune out all criticism as a dare to be actively worse, normalizing nazism as just another thing lefties whine about is on full swing.

Even Steve King was basically coming out of Auschwitz with an abacus last year and going "Well, that was a bit rough, but you know what was -really- bad? Commies!"

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Lycus posted:

I don't think she works for any place that disagrees with her.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So Fox News is apparently throwing a town hall for the Howard Schultz campaign tonight, trying to toss a little kindling to get his fire going.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

Let's be honest here, he didn't have much of a reputation to ruin in the first place. Finding out the sassy dumb guy from News Radio / color commentator for the UFC is a huge fascie rear end in a top hat isn't a particularly devastating development.

earlier on the podcast had a vast array of guests. it's only more recently (within the past couple of years - almost aligned directly with trump's rise) that it got really bad with these people. i think he's had jordan peterson on five times in the past year or so.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

That's a flamethrower from Musk's Boring Co so ... is he going to torch America?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Sephyr posted:

At this point the chuds don't really care about 'hiding the power level', so to speak. Even their mainstream voices are fully on board with torture, concentration camps, censorship os opposition and such, and the online ones are worse.

The whole 'we hate nazis!' bit is already fading fast from conservatism, and will be gone before the last boomer is gone to tut-tut at the rude kids. Not to mention that since they already tune out all criticism as a dare to be actively worse, normalizing nazism as just another thing lefties whine about is on full swing.

Even Steve King was basically coming out of Auschwitz with an abacus last year and going "Well, that was a bit rough, but you know what was -really- bad? Commies!"

Louie Gohmert responded to the Christchurch shooting with "He should have used the ballot box to accomplish his goals." You know, his goals of ethnic cleansing. That and Trump's insistence that white nationalist terrorism isn't a big deal got a brief mention and were forgotten when it came time to defend Chelsea Clinton.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

earlier on the podcast had a vast array of guests. it's only more recently (within the past couple of years - almost aligned directly with trump's rise) that it got really bad with these people. i think he's had jordan peterson on five times in the past year or so.

If Andy Dick can be believed (a sentence that comes with a planet sized grain of salt), he was a rotten chuddy homophobic rear end in a top hat all the way back to the 90s on News Radio and he got by being able to hide it really well but now that we're in hellworld he doesn't need the mask anymore.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it wouldn't surprise me if he just hid it until his podcast was big enough it couldn't be touched.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

If Andy Dick can be believed (a sentence that comes with a planet sized grain of salt), he was a rotten chuddy homophobic rear end in a top hat all the way back to the 90s on News Radio and he got by being able to hide it really well but now that we're in hellworld he doesn't need the mask anymore.

While the homophobia could've just been him having problems with Andy Dick and his Andy Dick-ness, I can believe that he's always been a chuddy, homophobic and misogynistic rear end in a top hat just based on some of his stand-up and also hosting The Man Show (which to be fair, Jimmy Kimmel also did but he's clearly left that in the past). Also apparently some of the stuff Andy Dick has said has also been corroborated by other people who've been around him. Howard Stern, Andrew Dice Clay, some of his closer friends, etc.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

While the homophobia could've just been him having problems with Andy Dick and his Andy Dick-ness, I can believe that he's always been a chuddy, homophobic and misogynistic rear end in a top hat just based on some of his stand-up and also hosting The Man Show (which to be fair, Jimmy Kimmel also did but he's clearly left that in the past). Also apparently some of the stuff Andy Dick has said has also been corroborated by other people who've been around him. Howard Stern, Andrew Dice Clay, some of his closer friends, etc.

Yeah. Like not to shoot the messenger or anything but Andy Dick is as equally awful as Joe Rogan is just in the opposite direction. But there's enough evidence out there at the moment that in this instance I believe him.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

No Safe Word posted:

That's a flamethrower from Musk's Boring Co so ... is he going to torch America?

He's already been inciting stochastic terrorism his entire career

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Who are these people who are tuning in by the thousands to hear Joe Rogan talk for hours on end? Who would do that?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

The entire population of Denver, Colorado

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Ogmius815 posted:

Who are these people who are tuning in by the thousands to hear Joe Rogan talk for hours on end? Who would do that?

His podcast was very good a few years ago. It’s still good when he has good guests, problem is, the guests are distinctly more poo poo now. Also it’s literally millions not thousands.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

His claim has always been that he has gently caress You money from Fear Factor so he can do whatever he wants, but he’s clearly discovered that the young right wingers butter his bread. I think he’s become very uncomfortable with the amount of influence he has though. He keeps trying to avoid it, but it’s true, his audience is massive and he swings the needle. He gets more listeners than cable news channels.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Slutitution posted:

Candace Owens really is a tragic figure in her own way.

She realised being one mediocre voice on the left side wasn't lucrative enough so she went for the right-wing PoC dollar. Per Wikipedia:

quote:

In 2015, Owens founded the website Degree180.[5][2] The website frequently posted anti-conservative and anti-Trump content, including mockery of his penis size.[5][13] In a 2015 column that Owens wrote for the site she criticized conservative Republicans, writing about the "bat-poo poo-crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party", adding, "The good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY."[2][10][14][15] When BuzzFeed News in May 2018 reported on the anti-Trump content on Degree180, Owens described the BuzzFeed reporter as a "despicable creature" and alleged that Buzzfeed had threatened the former writers of Degree180 (an allegation that Buzzfeed denied).[5]

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

paternity suitor posted:

His podcast was very good a few years ago. It’s still good when he has good guests, problem is, the guests are distinctly more poo poo now. Also it’s literally millions not thousands.
Is there any way to track actual podcast listeners as opposed to people who have a subscription but don't necessarily listen to the podcast regularly, or at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

pookel posted:

Is there any way to track actual podcast listeners as opposed to people who have a subscription but don't necessarily listen to the podcast regularly, or at all?

This is not really any more of an issue than tracking TV/movie watching, radio listens, internet video streaming etc. As in, everyone knows it'll be off somewhat because you can't know it precisely unless the amounts are very tiny, but you can still differentiate thousands versus millions.