Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Stoner Sloth posted:

That is interesting - alkaloids more generally occur in poisons than in venoms (usually proteins or peptides). Do they know if the alkaloids are acquired environmentally or if the ants make them themselves?

ant thread NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

The ant thread is up, with all the pictures I had from my guys so far! Plus some science and more to come!

Stoner Sloth posted:

That is interesting - alkaloids more generally occur in poisons than in venoms (usually proteins or peptides). Do they know if the alkaloids are acquired environmentally or if the ants make them themselves?

This is actually still an very active field of research, as the detailed nature of how they produce it is still hidden. It is believed to be very similar to how bees to it (obviously, as they are closely related), so they synthesize their cyto- and hemotoxic liquid somewhere in the gaster (the big butt-like thing on the abdomen), most likely using things their cells poop out.
Since most ants however produce a venom similar to Apitoxin, I probably did not do enough reading yet to fully reflect what we know by now.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I accidentally got Palo Santo ash in my mouth while making a burnt sacrifice

You know, I grew up in weird esoteric religions and this is still the first time that's ever happened so I figure this is fine

Poniard

I accidentally clicked on this sub forum again

City of Glompton

hamjobs posted:

I accidentally got Palo Santo ash in my mouth while making a burnt sacrifice

You know, I grew up in weird esoteric religions and this is still the first time that's ever happened so I figure this is fine

i don't do religion but once i went to church with some friends and they did communion and used cracked wheat bread and i got a piece of cracked wheat body of christ stuck in my teeth and it was real weird

Poniard posted:

hello

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Areola Grande

Poniard posted:

:wave: hey Pon

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

City of Glompton posted:

i don't do religion but once i went to church with some friends and they did communion and used cracked wheat bread and i got a piece of cracked wheat body of christ stuck in my teeth and it was real weird

I don't like eating Jesus because he always gets stuck in my teeth and also the whole uhhh can't remember the word--transmogrification is incorrect but we're going with it--that freaks me out on a lot of levels.

Also I don't think Jesus is real but I believe that a winged goddess-bird that washes armor in blood and landed on a disemboweled culture hero, in bird form, and took a poo poo on his shoulder as he was dying and tied to a rock with his own entrails, is real, so I guess that's okay.

Goons Are Gifts

Poniard posted:

Welcome welcome welcome!! :wave:

xcheopis

hamjobs posted:

I don't like eating Jesus because he always gets stuck in my teeth and also the whole uhhh can't remember the word--transmogrification is incorrect but we're going with it--that freaks me out on a lot of levels.

Also I don't think Jesus is real but I believe that a winged goddess-bird that washes armor in blood and landed on a disemboweled culture hero, in bird form, and took a poo poo on his shoulder as he was dying and tied to a rock with his own entrails, is real, so I guess that's okay.

Transubstantiation.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

That's it! I was like "magical transformation isn't right but LIKE that."

Macnult

me: [snapping and pointing finger guns]

cat: [affectionately slow blinks]

alnilam

Poniard posted:

that's what I'm talkin bout

xcheopis

hamjobs posted:

That's it! I was like "magical transformation isn't right but LIKE that."

My brain is full of useless garbage that has never had any relevance to my actual life.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

My brain is full of useless garbage that has never had any relevance to my actual life.

Sssssame

A masters in physics. Most of a doctorate. It's not entirely useful.

sb hermit

:yeah:

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

This is actually still an very active field of research, as the detailed nature of how they produce it is still hidden. It is believed to be very similar to how bees to it (obviously, as they are closely related), so they synthesize their cyto- and hemotoxic liquid somewhere in the gaster (the big butt-like thing on the abdomen), most likely using things their cells poop out.
Since most ants however produce a venom similar to Apitoxin, I probably did not do enough reading yet to fully reflect what we know by now.

Very interesting, thank you :) I'll ask more questions about this sort of thing in the ant thread now that it's going!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Farecoal

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO-va8gXDsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZt_I6rQSsI&t=120s

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Cat butt beatinz are the BEST beatinz

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Oh, you wanna sit on my lap while I watch TV?

CAT BUTT BEATINZ! (all the cats line up for the butt beatz)

Farecoal

There he go

Splatmaster posted:

Oh, you wanna sit on my lap while I watch TV?

CAT BUTT BEATINZ! (all the cats line up for the butt beatz)

SQUISH

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I wish my life was as good as these fruit flies we are studying. They just eat, gently caress, and then die by drowning in ethanol.

Goons Are Gifts

Resting Lich Face posted:

I wish my life was as good as these fruit flies we are studying. They just eat, gently caress, and then die by drowning in ethanol.

Oh that's cool, what are you guys studying?

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Nothing interesting. Basic heredity

Goons Are Gifts

Sounds interesting! :science:

Goons Are Gifts

Ok so this is important: What did you yobbers have for breakfast today?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
bowl of Kellogg's Corn Pops

Farecoal

There he go
ethanol

Resting Lich Face

Bagel with cream cheese.

I normally fast until lunch though.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 5, 2019

Areola Grande

Nature's Harvest oat n honey cereal bar with some sleepytime mint tea

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I smoked a bowl and ate another bowl of CP.

It's a good day

Goons Are Gifts

Would you guys rank cornflakes on the top of breakfast choices?

Resting Lich Face

Corn flakes rank significantly below no breakfast at all.

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

Would you guys rank cornflakes on the top of breakfast choices?

cornflakes are not bad but to me they seem a bit . . . insubstantial. plus you've gotta eat them literally the second they hit the milk.

my go-to cereal is barbara's morning oat crunch which thankfully trader joes carries at a substantial discount because otherwise it is p expensive

with fruit ofc

at one time I was fond of quaker oat squares but they changed the recipe and totally hosed them up. so I searched around and the barbara's cereal ended up being the closest thing to the old recipe, in fact it may be better

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Cornflakes are naked Frosted Flakes. To compensate I add copious quantities of sugar to the pre-milk bolm negating any pretense of "healthy'

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Splatmaster posted:

Cornflakes are naked Frosted Flakes. To compensate I add copious quantities of sugar to the pre-milk bolm negating any pretense of "healthy'

bolm=bowl

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Gifts

Feel like I should get cornflakes again, didn't eat those for like a year now

Goons Are Gifts

Ohhhh hiiiiiiii! :shobon:

Goons Are Gifts

What's his name? I remember that byob named your rat crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

Goons Are Great posted:

Ok so this is important: What did you yobbers have for breakfast today?

Coffee, followed by a morning snack of champagne