Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol at scarlet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol at scarlet

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol at scarlet

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Do you like Willam and people falling down? The most recent Beatdown is for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAUTVCxKGlI

Jiggly and Phi Phi :discourse:

Tendai fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 4, 2019

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Drag Race Thailand's reunion is still a poo poo show but it looks like they're having fun. Also the the show is completely transparent about the judging.

There's so much heart and fun in this show.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Vanjie should have been in the bottom two instead of Ra'jah.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Uh, what the gently caress?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I don't agree with that call at all. Scarlet did that lip sync way better and that was rajas third sync.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I feel like Vanjie should've been in the bottom over Ra'jah. I would've believed that Ru saved her so she wouldn't be in danger of going home, but it clearly they were gonna do Scarlet dirty no matter what.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ra'jah makes for much better TV material so it's easy to see why she's been kept.

Brooke giving Yvie a piggyback ride was :kimchi:

ETA:
Hell yeah, A’keria! earned that win, and that runway was exceptional.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 5, 2019

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
Shuga was out there looking like Goldar drag. 😂

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Literally gonna stop watching this season cause Silky just kills all my interest in every episode and I just end up staring at my phone. Doesn't help that she's dragging Vanjie down with her in that doomed friendship.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A'kheria earned that loving win like hell. every decision she made was solid, she led her team and stood out while still being the technically weakest dancer.

Silky's runway was awful, just abysmal. I get the bottom two but keeping Raja over Scarlett was some absolute nonsense. maybe they'll bring her back in the next few eps.

i also really liked the big team choreography challenge. more of them.

also gently caress raja in untucked. bitch gets her name said once and just rants and raves over scarlet nonstop, what a gigantic baby

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
As much as I feel like Scarlet should’ve stayed over Rajah, the amount of hate that Rajah has been receiving lately over social media is definitely not cool or ok. It happens almost every season like clockwork and I’m honestly sick of the racism in the fan base. It’s not a pretty look.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I haven’t been on reddit this season so I’ve missed the hot racist takes for 11 but that was a great lip synch and if scarlet had gotten that reveal off a little smoother I’d be yelling for a double shantay. Scarlet really grew on me, I thought she was hot garbage to begin with and she’s the first eliminated queen this season I’d want on AS5

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’m also extremely in my feelings about yvie bc no way the production schedule for this show is slow enough for someone with eds to recover from a rolled ankle properly. Was kind of emotional to see her as the first bitch on a stool on the runway

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I haven’t been on reddit this season so I’ve missed the hot racist takes for 11[...]

Not that there aren't loathsome people there, but as on the whole they're usually good about calling out/burying that kind of poo poo.

Someone there already screenshotted a bunch of heinous poo poo from one of the other social-media-was-a-mistake sites, dunno which:

Imagine being so bent out of shape about a TV show you need to actually harass someone. At least when someone's lovely on reddit, it's not delivered directly to a queen.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

yeah, the drag race subs are p good and I meant its just the best aggregate for collecting the kind of poo poo like what you just posted. I wasn't really on reddit before S10 either but the Vixen just really set off white people into fits of apoplexy online and for some reason I felt compelled to keep track of it

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
God am I tired of Silky getting literally ONE negative critique and saying "IF I HAVE TO LIPSYNC FOR MY LIFE IM GONNA LIPSYNC FOR MY MOTHERFUCKING LIFE I AM READY BITCH" she does it every episode. (preview spoiler) God and she does it to RuPaul in the preview lord, girl, we get it you wanna lipsync.
"I can't feel my gerrrrrlls!" God I love Vanessa.
I really like the choreographer's glasses during judging, they're complex but tasteful?
I see what everyone is saying about Nina's outfits, I love the concepts, but the execution seems a bit under par for Drag Race. Not bad per se, but not America's Next Drag Superstar level.
Holy poo poo Scarlet actually did really good in that lipsync for someone who can't dance.

So like, when exactly is drag race gonna stop with these ridiculous required high energy choreo challenges that keep injuring the talent? Not that I didn't enjoy watching it, I really like the sorta onstage performance challenges, but please calm them down a bit.
I hope Yvie gets to sit down next week :ohdear:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

curiousTerminal posted:

"I can't feel my gerrrrrlls!"

I'm so sure she said "genitals" but the idea of referring to a pair of balls as "the girls" is something I am going to make a conscious effort to try to make a reality

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Episode Thots

- Yvie's a pot-stirrer for sure but her takes are kinda correct so I can't even hate
- Nina and Vanjie need a reaction show like, yesterday
- Not show-related but I was watching this on VH1 and my understanding is that the target demographic for this show does nothing but buy insurance, shoes, websites, tampons and does none of these things in person. Ads are fascinating and holy poo poo my generation is profoundly depressed.
- The abject terror on the non-dancer queen's faces is so delicious. The actual terror I feel for the health and well-being of the contestants, not so much. Stay safe Yvie! Pro move making the cane a character choice. Watching Plastique do those flips and floops on the (sealed concrete?) floor made me cringe for her poor joints and soft tissue too. C'mon, those antifatigue mats are like $8 for a four-pack
- Silky's dance style seems to be best described as "skyrim glitch, but confident"
- A'Keria's runway was a super Davenport look and I love it. Plastique and Shuga's runways made me think Trinity Taylor's goddess/feather runway (Plastique having the nicer construction).

In summary,

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol at scarlet

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I’m also extremely in my feelings about yvie bc no way the production schedule for this show is slow enough for someone with eds to recover from a rolled ankle properly. Was kind of emotional to see her as the first bitch on a stool on the runway

for real. my bestie has EDS3 and even if Yvie is taking time to 'rest' I'm just sitting here at my home yelling at my TV screen. This is hard for me to watch at times.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm so sure she said "genitals" but the idea of referring to a pair of balls as "the girls" is something I am going to make a conscious effort to try to make a reality

She did, but the entire middle half of the word was a trilled R and I loving died when I heard it

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

I can't breathe

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I didn't love A'keria's looks the previous episode (I guess the last 2 were too similar to me, and I didn't love the execution of the branch-antlers), but she def won me over on this one. Win deserved.

I also think Vanjie's performance in the main challenge was good enough to keep her safe even with that terrible runway.

gandlethorpe posted:

Imagine being so bent out of shape about a TV show you need to actually harass someone. At least when someone's lovely on reddit, it's not delivered directly to a queen.
This poo poo makes me incredibly mad.

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery
I was living for Vanessa rolling on the floor and off the screen, whipping her wig the entire way during the mini-challenge.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Vortex Street posted:

I was living for Vanessa rolling on the floor and off the screen, whipping her wig the entire way during the mini-challenge.

:same:

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Vortex Street posted:

Yessss!

I am disappointed Rajah didn't get sent home. She has been circling the drain for a while now and I think Scarlett could have won that lipsync.

Akeria, Yvie, and Nina are my favs this season. I'm so glad for Akeria's win, she was wonderful and definitely deserved it.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
I would have liked to see more of Scarlett, but I’m also a fan of not just letting the queen who pulls out the most stunts in a lip sync win.

I know the girls pack all this stuff well in advance so they can’t easily change course during the competition, but Vanie’s bunny outfit only looked that much worse after Plastique’s more-polished execution of the same look last week

warez fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 5, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Plastique, Yvie, Brooklyn and Akeria are my top 4 which I will tune in to watch once Silky the sexual assaulter is eliminated

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
I get the feeling you’re going to be waiting a while, but who knows

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Considering the not entirely implausible speculation that Eureka was in part able to both get on All Stars and make it to the finals as a way to ward off what would be a massive injury+loss of income lawsuit, I’m really surprised they set up a challenge that ended up with someone with EDS doing backflips (which is entirely possible but is ya know a little high risk as far as injury goes).

Oh wait this is World of Wonder, not surprised :pseudo:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
All Stars?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

ICHIBAHN posted:

All Stars?

Gonna assume Combed meant the Xmas special

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

gandlethorpe posted:

Someone there already screenshotted a bunch of heinous poo poo from one of the other social-media-was-a-mistake sites, dunno which:

On one hand, gently caress all of this poo poo and throw it in the garbage where it belongs, however I couldn't stand Ra'jah the moment she dropped that "an ugly queen could never come for a pretty queen" bullshit. Not a fan.

Regardless of the outcome of this lip sync, whoever won was probably gonna be cut by the next episode anyway.

Also

Vortex Street posted:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 6, 2019

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

On one hand, gently caress all of this poo poo and throw it in the garbage where it belongs, however I couldn't stand Ra'jah the moment she dropped that "an ugly queen could never come for a pretty queen" bullshit. Not a fan.

Honestly though. If you’re going to say something like that you’ve either gotta be stunning or be fully immersed in a character like Willam (“Feelings are for ugly people”) because otherwise it’s just... Petty and sad.

Not deserving of the level of hell shes catching though, nobody deserves that.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Eej posted:

Plastique, Yvie, Brooklyn and Akeria are my top 4 which I will tune in to watch once Silky the sexual assaulter is eliminated

AFAIK there was a single accusation on twitter against her that was quickly deleted? I don't think that's enough to write her off, particularly because I would not put it past this toxic-rear end fanbase to make poo poo up like that to smear a queen.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's like a million reasons to write her off, like how she breaks a sweat doing choreo and makes a joke about feeling like a skinny bitch now when there's Yvie in the corner with her joints ripping apart flashing back to Untucked when it was brought up that it's hurtful when Silky refers disparagingly to thin girls as skinny bitches

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I’ll stan for Rajah - she’s a villain but she is a master with her words and her attitude is awesome. I think her looks turn it up for the most part - still room tho.

Ultimately glad Scarlet is gone tho - dull dull dull - today’s look seemed to borrow some from her stupid witch costume.

And man, if Plastique wasn’t on the bad team I feel she would have won it. Looked like a Victoria Secret model out there.

Poor Yvie tho :( Heartwrenching what she goes thru and her story about her friend who’s in the wheelchair... ugh, life is just not fair but she’s fab and I hope she’s happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

can we appreciate Vanjie giving us a four count of UH UH UH UH offscreen just before the end of the lipsynch

like.... she is a star because she doesnt even need to be on screen to still have the funniest lines