Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like the song for the opening but yeah visual-wise it’s way too literal and obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Especially compared to things like Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town where it was really just our beautiful boys being beautiful boys with essentially no plot relevance.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The lyrics do have a bit more hinting at a horrible thing under the cheery disposal. Also what spoilers that are in it, are a good way of doing spoilers in that it's vague as gently caress shadows of stand users flying by with no detail/context at all which I love.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Preview image for next episode

Looking good spicy lady

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

So this week we've got to see Doppio mirk the fortune teller, right?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

multijoe posted:

So this week we've got to see Doppio mirk the fortune teller, right?

Going by the number of chapters left they would pretty much have to. It wouldn't surprise me if the second half of this week's episode is the beginning of Doppio's adventure on Sardinia as well.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's going to be a good boy in the next episode
rulululululululu

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

god, King Crimson is such an angry boy, I love it

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
So, uh, in the ED today I noticed Rolling Stones at the bottom of the statue. That wasn't there before, right?

And that also let me figure out why King Crimson is near the top in the middle of Bruno's gang: because the Stands are in the order they're defeated. DavidPro aren't just spoiling who lives and dies with this one, they're telling you the order they die as well! :v:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's going to be a good boy in the next episode
rulululululululu

I'm completely fine with the conclusion of last week's fight taking up most of this episode if it means that Doppio gets an entire episode to himself. Given how long it lasted in the manga the King Crimson vs. Metallica fight will almost certainly get two episodes :allears:

I wonder if DavidPro will include more backstory for Diavolo/Doppio, they've done pretty well with the new scenes they've included so far. It isn't necessary but it would also be cool if the first time Doppio uses a phone it's shown from his point of view before cutting back and showing him talking into a toy or frog.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 5, 2019

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Dragonatrix posted:

So, uh, in the ED today I noticed Rolling Stones at the bottom of the statue. That wasn't there before, right?

Rolling Stone's always been there. Big and Spice Girl were added in this one though, I think.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
It's probably for the best that the world ends up getting reset because it was only a matter of time before Notorious BIG ate the ocean

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
IIRC this is the only proper Stand fight Trish gets to herself. Poor girl really doesn't get enough time to shine.

I kind of wonder if Araki thought so too considering just about everything involving Part 6.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
man they're really gonna have to add a scene of diavolo taking the scrunchie out of his hair cause they're going all in on Shadow Boss

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

IIRC this is the only proper Stand fight Trish gets to herself. Poor girl really doesn't get enough time to shine.

I kind of wonder if Araki thought so too considering just about everything involving Part 6.

Feels like this was a part where Araki couldn't juggle the amount of characters well despite wanting to

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

boredsatellite posted:

Feels like this was a part where Araki couldn't juggle the amount of characters well despite wanting to
Pretty much. Giorno himself gets like, what, two fights solo in the entire part?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't even remember her using Spice Girl again except for one instance in the very last fight, where she stops Diavolo from walking.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

She makes mistas bullets soften when King Crimson softens them so can blow them off to send the arrow flying away. She gets chest punched in the direction of the arrow for her trouble.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
She saved Mista from being shot in the head by his own stand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
finally someone did

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i hope female characters get to do stuff
in part 6

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I think Araki really missed out on an opportunity with neglecting Trish tbh. Considering King Crimson is still just a punch boy you could have a hilarious fight where Trish makes herself soft and Diavolo goes nuts trying to kill her and can only ever bounce off no matter how much time he skips.

I think it'd work better for the plot too, as he could realise that she basically perfectly counters him and that he needs to get the arrow to win. Either way she really should have had a bigger role in confronting her father at the end imo.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i hope female characters get to do stuff
in part 6
Does masturbating in front of male guards count?

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Trish's also the first woman in the series with a proper punch ghost stand and her power is pretty good and versatile. I was anticipating her doing much more in the rest of the part by this point in the manga, but it just didn't happen

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Nephthys posted:

I think Araki really missed out on an opportunity with neglecting Trish tbh. Considering King Crimson is still just a punch boy you could have a hilarious fight where Trish makes herself soft and Diavolo goes nuts trying to kill her and can only ever bounce off no matter how much time he skips.

I think it'd work better for the plot too, as he could realise that she basically perfectly counters him and that he needs to get the arrow to win. Either way she really should have had a bigger role in confronting her father at the end imo.

I don't think Trish Vitamin C-ing herself would be quite the decisive counter-move you're making it out to be

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
On another note the anime is making me realize how little Narancia gets to do anything either. So far he's only used his stand in a significant way twice. It's essentially been Giorno, Mista and Buccelati doing everything.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Momomo posted:

On another note the anime is making me realize how little Narancia gets to do anything either. So far he's only used his stand in a significant way twice. It's essentially been Giorno, Mista and Buccelati doing everything.

Don't forget he's got his fight with Risotto Nero coming up too ...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Aerosmith is like

Kind of a bad Stand.

It allows for zero creativity and only has the one thing it can do, which is the same thing Mista can do but Mistas limitations allow him look way cooler

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Narancia should have also fed salami to the lil guy piloting Aerosmith

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

multijoe posted:

I don't think Trish Vitamin C-ing herself would be quite the decisive counter-move you're making it out to be

I don't know, Vitamin C was more like turning people into mush while Spice Girl seems to just give the things she touches the properties of rubber while also making them unbreakable (hence why B.I.G. couldn't just kill everyone after it ate the plane engine).

That being said, I don't think they ever really establish if Spice Girl could even work on living things. I wonder what that would have even looked like but I guess F.F. kind of answered that question.

Expect My Mom posted:

Aerosmith is like

Kind of a bad Stand.

It allows for zero creativity and only has the one thing it can do, which is the same thing Mista can do but Mistas limitations allow him look way cooler

Aerosmith kind of suffers from the same problem Purple Haze does where the instant Narancia has an opening he can instantly murk whoever he's fighting, or at least gently caress them up real bad. Little Feet was almost over before it began. :v:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

multijoe posted:

It makes about as much sense as Jolyne turning herself into a mobius strip or Bruno splitting himself up. When it is the user's own ability it implies they are in control of the side effects somewhat, plus the rule of cool benefits them for going with a plan that crazy and risky.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Are we just assuming Part 5 is going to be 39 episodes like Diamond is Unbreakable? There's really not many "arcs" left and we're only on episode 25. I'm worried the stuff after they get to the Colosseum is gonna be insanely drawn-out and even more unbearable.

Like, even if the Doppio stuff to the defeat of Green Day and Oasis was somehow stretched out to six episodes, and Rolling Stone was somehow two, that's another six episodes of just Colosseum nonsense.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they've already been adding extra scenes as it is so at this point we have no actual idea how all it's going to be split up

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's confirmed for 39 episodes.

54 remaining chapters into 14 episodes doesn't feel that bad to me, that gives them about four chapters an episode and along with any extra scenes they want to add

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Arist posted:

Like, even if the Doppio stuff to the defeat of Green Day and Oasis was somehow stretched out to six episodes

That doesn't sound like a bad thing

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 6, 2019

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I don't know, Vitamin C was more like turning people into mush while Spice Girl seems to just give the things she touches the properties of rubber while also making them unbreakable (hence why B.I.G. couldn't just kill everyone after it ate the plane engine).

That being said, I don't think they ever really establish if Spice Girl could even work on living things. I wonder what that would have even looked like but I guess F.F. kind of answered that question.

Yeah, exactly. Spice Girls version makes things either super bouncy or just keep stretching without ever breaking. King Crimson's punches would bounce off, his chop would just sink into her and if he tried to snap her neck it'd just twist around and spring back.

I mean its part 5 with Giorno as the protagonist. "I don't think they ever really established if" isn't a question to ask for this part. Spice Girl could do it if Araki thought it would be cool.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 6, 2019

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

man spice girl spicy lady owns, shame she doesn’t really get to do much after this
guess Araki was saving all the fights with badass ladies for part 6

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/756620054725292032

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It is kinda a massive oversight that the Only Girl In Part 5 gets one fight and is otherwise just sorta there and mostly a helpless damsel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Can't wait for best JoJo Jolyne to teach us several ways of flipping people off across the world.