Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Every quest where Kassandra has to reluctantly perform something are the highlights of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Every quest where Kassandra has to reluctantly perform something are the highlights of this game.

:geno: 'The Olympic games!' :geno:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did the remaster fix Desmond's weird tumorous lump on his back?

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 3, 2019

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

He still walks like a knuckle-dragging ape so not really.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

homullus posted:

I thought they also did well with the play and, to a lesser extent, the speech. Kephallonia, Athens, and Pephka were my favorite areas (Pephka being the best).

Pephka is a lot of fun and I agree that the symposium has really been the high point of the game so far for me. So much fun.

In other news of my very slow playthrough, I continue to be frustrated by the stupid equipment system. I'm so not interested in an inventory management game.

But the low point for me has to be arriving in Sparta and having Kassandra's mom go on making excuses for state terrorism and the lost glories of the krypteia. That just about got me to quit the game right there; I was hoping there would be some sort of "lead a helot rebellion" plotline but that doesn't seem to be the case. Not sure if, once I've finished the Sparta section, I can go back and murder the kings and destabilize Sparta but that's what I really want to do now

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I know the faction system sort of creates this expectation, but it's never about winning the war for one side or another. The political landscape serves as a background for the "chasing alien artifacts against enemy order of bad people, also family I guess" plot threads, but you can't alter it on your own - you're not allowed to run around and wipe out historical figures unless the game portrays the battle they died in, and you're on the enemy side.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Calaveron posted:

Did the remaster fix Desmond's weird tumorous lump on his back?
Excuse me, it's a mighty hump.

They fixed that on the original PC version, so I'd assume it's no longer there in the remaster either.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

orcane posted:

I know the faction system sort of creates this expectation, but it's never about winning the war for one side or another. The political landscape serves as a background for the "chasing alien artifacts against enemy order of bad people, also family I guess" plot threads, but you can't alter it on your own - you're not allowed to run around and wipe out historical figures unless the game portrays the battle they died in, and you're on the enemy side.

I actually never thought about this, but I assume nothing happens if you manage to flip every section to one side, right? Like, if I make it so Sparta is in charge of every island, nothing changes?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Mazz posted:

A Viking game with most of the English, European and Baltic coasts could be a very cool game because you get a solid variety of cultures to interact with.

Assassinating people won't send you to Valhalla though.

Viking is obviously a really cool setting and they already have the resources to make good naval combat.

My dream location is either Mayan pre colonization but according to the story the Assassins weren't in the Americas at that period but gently caress that I call for a retcon. Shogun era Japan is the most obvious one and they could put a decent amount of stealth/assassination to appease those who like old ACs. 2 periods I don't see mentioned enough are India during the Mahrajas(all the colors) and China during Romance of the Three Kingdoms, I know they have done some side games in those locations.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I'm intrigued by the idea of Viking naval combat, but I want it to be better than Odyssey's. For whatever reason I found Black Flag's naval combat heads and shoulders better than Odyssey's.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Patch 1.2.0 is out tomorrow. Lots of bug fixes, prep for upcoming DLC.

isk fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 3, 2019

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Custom gear loadouts! Very nice.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

thrawn527 posted:

I actually never thought about this, but I assume nothing happens if you manage to flip every section to one side, right? Like, if I make it so Sparta is in charge of every island, nothing changes?

I'm pretty sure you can't actually do that. The game flips regions without player input, sometimes flips them to the opposite side you're supporting in a conquest battle (I assume that one is a bug but who knows), and some regions can't be flipped at all (even if you manage to bring nation power to zero) because their leader is invulnerable, won't spawn (until you do certain missions at least) or the conquest battles simply never spawn.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

bobjr posted:

Yeah it's pretty clear it was a fling at best, but at this point Haytham is trying to get Connor on his side, and probably would have succeeded if Charles Lee wasn't so dumb, so when he pulls the trump card about how Washington attacked his people he's weirdly unaware of how it could have affected things.

Though I might have missed a scene but I don't remember how Conner knows how Haytham is his father either. His mom could have told him the name and it's implied the community knows his father wasn't part of a Native American tribe, but it was kind of weird when Conner just talked about how his father needed to die.

well native communities tended to be great with kids and didnt give a poo poo whether the kid was a bastard or mixed race. i mean alot colonial women who were kidnapped into the tribes ofter stayed once they had kids because their kids and they themselves were treated well by the tribe and would have been poo poo on by the colonials. so conner was never an issue.

on conner and haytham, i think haytham genuinely wanted to reconnect with his son but he was a poo poo dad obviously.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

isk posted:

Patch 1.2.0 is out tomorrow. Lots of bug fixes, prep for upcoming DLC.

What quest is Would the Real Eagle Bearer Please Stand Up?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
didn't realize that one tune was actually a cover from AC2.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I killed a cultist leader in a place where i can't get a confirm kill prompt. They'll respawn if I reload the game, right?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

I killed a cultist leader in a place where i can't get a confirm kill prompt. They'll respawn if I reload the game, right?

Why can't you get the prompt? And yeah I assume you'll just have to load an earlier save. Not sure if they respawn if you don't confirm the kill - I had a region leader who was a cultist die to the background simulation and didn't even bother finding this out, just reloaded to when he was still alive :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

orcane posted:

Why can't you get the prompt? And yeah I assume you'll just have to load an earlier save.

His corpse ragdolled through a wall. I could get to him from either side but there was no prompt.

After fast traveling away he was back on his feet.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Why do they make you confirm the kill anyway? There's no special scene or dialogue like when killing important targets in previous games and I already want to find their corpse to loot it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Lobok posted:

Why do they make you confirm the kill anyway? There's no special scene or dialogue like when killing important targets in previous games and I already want to find their corpse to loot it.

one reason would be to force a kill when you down them non-lethally

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rinkles posted:

one reason would be to force a kill when you down them non-lethally

Playtester: "Hey, guys? Another cultist just got shoved off a cliff by a bear."
Dev: *sigh* "Aright, better make the player have to actually stab the corpse I guess."

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i'm guessing if you fail to pick up a mercenary's gear after killing them, it just disappears into the ether?

i once spent over 5 minutes looking for the body because i was afraid of missing out on their legendary (I had lost track of where it was because i was fighting so many others)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lobok posted:

A lot of Cultists are just regular dudes walking around town and I think they wanted to avoid every assassination being "fire Devastating Shot from a million miles away, collect loot."

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Some AssCreed rumors

As long as I can be a lady viking with a spartan kick, I'll be happy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Some AssCreed rumors

yeah, i am pumped. i know they were talking about how in nextgen they would love to an even bigger open world so i curious how big this one will be and what period of the viking age it will be.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Some AssCreed rumors

So this means there is no AC game this year? What happened to the rome rumors? Anyway Vikings are loving rad so that will be good.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Sounds cool, but I've learned my lesson from Odyssey. Not going to potentially buy until all the DLC is out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i am pumped. i know they were talking about how in nextgen they would love to an even bigger open world so i curious how big this one will be and what period of the viking age it will be.

Another thing that Ubisoft said about AC prior to Odyssey's announcement was "why limit ourselves to just one epoch of history when we could continue telling stories within that world" so who's to say the next game will even be limited to only one era or one character of the entire Viking Age.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
I can get Odyssey for 12 bucks (Humble Bundle). Should I try it if I didn't play since Unity (was tired of the series then)?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Ulio posted:

So this means there is no AC game this year? What happened to the rome rumors? Anyway Vikings are loving rad so that will be good.

¿Por que no loa dos? Bring on the Lombards!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’d say absolutely and that’s from someone who isn’t a huge fan of the series

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

ShiroTheSniper posted:

I can get Odyssey for 12 bucks (Humble Bundle). Should I try it if I didn't play since Unity (was tired of the series then)?

You mean Origins right? Either way yes, the latter two ACs are nothing like Unity in terms of gameplay and the metaplot is barely there.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hoping they scale down the absurd size a bit and tighten/refine the existing systems and make this more of a Brotherhood to Odyssey's AC2

And also keep the dialog system but actually make the choices matter a little bit more?

And bring back SHIELDS baby

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

Hoping they scale down the absurd size a bit and tighten/refine the existing systems and make this more of a Brotherhood to Odyssey's AC2

And also keep the dialog system but actually make the choices matter a little bit more?

And bring back SHIELDS baby

Ya imo it's already big enough they need to make more interesting side quests and rpgify it more while keeping the fun parts of old AC(naval combat/parkour).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Another thing that Ubisoft said about AC prior to Odyssey's announcement was "why limit ourselves to just one epoch of history when we could continue telling stories within that world" so who's to say the next game will even be limited to only one era or one character of the entire Viking Age.

id be curious because the rumor is that vikings are in it, not just the focus. i think its gonna be a few eras. also i wonder if we will get another rogue type game because consoles are hitting in the next year or so.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Minor qol addition I'd like since they're constantly polishing and updating the game (equipment compare is new, right?): the ability to check what higher tiers of skills do without committing points. Some skills have functional changes at those tiers. (you can already respec just to explore abilities but that feels inelegant and atm, for my character, the cost is insignificant but not completely trivial).

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy moley, I hope they bring boats back again.

I mean, they can't not. We need long ships.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Assassin's Creed: Viking River Cruises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I think it's kinda cool, but the naval stuff feels pretty shallow in Odyssey (I haven't played an AC game with ships before).

Bit odd how it's become a staple feature in a franchise about stabbing dudes.