Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't want hard brexit but I'm also kind rooting for hard brexit because I bet $50 on it happening this month and I'd like to make money.

I don't want hard brexit because it's going to gently caress a lot of people and probably throw Ireland and Scotland into chaos

but on the other hard I love my lmaos so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/05/france-spain-and-belgium-ready-for-no-deal-brexit-next-week

France has won the support of Spain and Belgium after signalling its readiness for a no-deal Brexit on 12 April if there are no significant new British proposals, according to a note of an EU27 meeting seen by the Guardian.

The diplomatic cable reveals that the French ambassador secured the support of Spanish and Belgian colleagues in arguing that there should only be, at most, a short article 50 extension to avoid an instant financial crisis, saying: “We could probably extend for a couple of weeks to prepare ourselves in the markets.”

The chances of Theresa May’s proposal of an extension to 30 June succeeding appeared slim as France’s position in the private diplomatic meeting was echoed by an official statement reiterating its opposition to any further Brexit delay without a clear British plan.

:getin:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

God, becoming France's bitch must have been exactly what the gammons had in mind. Well played Britain, well played.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Look at all that sovereignty!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gammons is another noun like backstop. I have no idea what it’s referent is and a 1000 posts of context have not helped.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't want hard brexit because it's going to gently caress a lot of people and probably throw Ireland and Scotland into chaos

but on the other hard I love my lmaos so

drive the English back into England, imo

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

euphronius posted:

gammons is another noun like backstop. I have no idea what it’s referent is and a 1000 posts of context have not helped.

Same

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

apparently its a entire thing of ham

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I thought it meant old, stupid people; like boomers basically.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its ham but also bulky saxons w clogged arteries and indignant racisms that leave their faces perpetually pink flush

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ok I got it now ty

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ham skinned blubberin shits w cheese breath

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Is the new left-wing insult “gammon” racist towards white men?

(no it isn't)

BobbyThompson
Mar 23, 2001
Money on at Ladbrokes that either May or Tusk will make a Blair-esque god referencing soundbite in the next 5 days.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Why did you post 9 pictures of ham?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Bulgakov posted:

argentina, please take back the falklands while the brits are distracted by brexit

thanks!

my wife’s from Argentina and her family who still live there have all been posting poo poo like this

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I really regret not studying international relations instead, then I could've been working in the EU to witness this clusterfuck from the inside. Must be quite a spectacle.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Randler posted:

Everybody please send Macron your energy. :ohdear:
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

my wife’s from Argentina and her family who still live there have all been posting poo poo like this

the US should have enforced the monroe doctrine and nuked the uk to oblivion back then, imho

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

frankenfreak posted:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

mobby_6kl posted:

I really regret not studying international relations instead, then I could've been working in the EU to witness this clusterfuck from the inside. Must be quite a spectacle.

My German friends have been quite explicit that they think our country is batshit insane. Finnish mates think this is funny as gently caress and plain don’t understand any of it. Estonian mates have no idea what the gently caress our problem is with the EU.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

They say Britain doesn't produce anything, but it did produce this beautiful word as a gift to the world. The German equivalent of Wutrentner(literally "pensioner of anger") is such a crude and bland word and I don't know how I used to live without Gammon in my vocabulary

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pensioner of anger is literally the best phrase of all time.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Opferwurst posted:

They say Britain doesn't produce anything, but it did produce this beautiful word as a gift to the world. The German equivalent of Wutrentner(literally "pensioner of anger") is such a crude and bland word and I don't know how I used to live without Gammon in my vocabulary

it's going to be even more appropriate when no deal happens and ur literally eating them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
don't worry, the danger from prions is overexaggerated

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Hexyflexy posted:

Why did you post 9 pictures of ham?

How dare you, the man in the top right has served in the House of Lords for 30 years, show some respect.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

House of Ham

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Al! posted:

don't worry, the danger from prions is overexaggerated

True, just don't eat the heavy-metal poisoned stupid goo in the cranial cavity and you'll be set!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

mobby_6kl posted:

don’t worry, you don’t need to actually know anything to be involved. cause no one else does.

just lie yourself into a job.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

apparently its a entire thing of ham

don't doxx me

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The UK government has started issuing British passports without the words “European Union” even though the UK remains a full member of the bloc. It removed the two words from passport covers issued this week on the working assumption that Brexit day would have been 29 March.

But the move has angered those applying for new passports who were hoping to hold on to an emblem of EU membership.

Susan Hindle Barone tweeted: “Truly appalled. Picked up my new passport today – my old one expires in the next couple of months.” She added: “It makes me feel sick.”

UK removes words 'European Union' from British passports

http://flip.it/zx98C8

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

JFairfax posted:

The UK government has started issuing British passports without the words “European Union” even though the UK remains a full member of the bloc. It removed the two words from passport covers issued this week on the working assumption that Brexit day would have been 29 March.

But the move has angered those applying for new passports who were hoping to hold on to an emblem of EU membership.

Susan Hindle Barone tweeted: “Truly appalled. Picked up my new passport today – my old one expires in the next couple of months.” She added: “It makes me feel sick.”

lol

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i honestly dont remember anymore what it was like to have free time and not spend it reading about brexit

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JFairfax posted:

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1114248410603892737

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

poty posted:

i honestly dont remember anymore what it was like to have free time and not spend it reading about brexit

oh man you should see the trump thread regulars

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
why would Britain be allowed to vote in EU election if they’re trying to get out? they shouldn’t have any say

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Raptor1033 posted:

why would Britain be allowed to vote in EU election if they’re trying to get out? they shouldn’t have any say

They could cancel Article 50 any time they want. They don't have to leave at all.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hexyflexy posted:

My German friends have been quite explicit that they think our country is batshit insane. Finnish mates think this is funny as gently caress and plain don’t understand any of it. Estonian mates have no idea what the gently caress our problem is with the EU.
I should've said "work for the EU", as in one of the institutions. I'm already in the EU physically, and yeah most people are just :wtf: even if some would support leaving the EU themselves.

Here's a local lol: one of our Trumpesque politicians used to advocate leaving just like the brave English lions. He's been suspiciously silent on the topic since the whole thing went sour.

Bulgakov posted:

don’t worry, you don’t need to actually know anything to be involved. cause no one else does.

just lie yourself into a job.
Oh well that's clearly true. What's the most fancy unelected position?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1114072299836182529?s=20