Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
the true power move if you dont get an extension is to revoke article 50 and spend the next 20 years vetoing france in the eu parliament

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

I was going to write a thing about how loving angry I am but those emojis just cracked me the gently caress up :D

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how

how is this real.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I feel conflicted because I want to see Britain humiliated and prostrate before the world, but I’d like that to happen without Brexit killing a bunch of people. what’s the option with maximum humiliation and minimum casualties?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Squalid posted:

I feel conflicted because I want to see Britain humiliated and prostrate before the world, but I’d like that to happen without Brexit killing a bunch of people. what’s the option with maximum humiliation and minimum casualties?

what you want is max brexit delay with the can being kicked down the road in perpetuity

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

JFairfax posted:

what you want is max brexit delay with the can being kicked down the road in perpetuity

God no, that is going to give people like me either a heart attack or liver failure.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I guess you can just delay until the oldies are all dead, then have another referendum

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/AshMK1/status/1114090655658184705

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

JFairfax posted:

The UK government has started issuing British passports without the words “European Union” even though the UK remains a full member of the bloc. It removed the two words from passport covers issued this week on the working assumption that Brexit day would have been 29 March.

But the move has angered those applying for new passports who were hoping to hold on to an emblem of EU membership.

Susan Hindle Barone tweeted: “Truly appalled. Picked up my new passport today – my old one expires in the next couple of months.” She added: “It makes me feel sick.”

UK removes words 'European Union' from British passports

http://flip.it/zx98C8

owned

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the brit press is pretty incredible

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Is asking someone to self-harm still a probation offense?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Drunkboxer posted:

I guess you can just delay until the oldies are all dead, then have another referendum

This is why it'd go the other way right now. A million odd of the fuckers that voted leave are dead now. 600000 people(ish) die a year here and most of those are in the elderly bracket which was 2:1 leave back in the day, which was by far the most leave-y demographic. So 400k of the bastards have gone per year and the majority of the kids replacing them are at like 5:1 remain.

It's enough to flip it if nobody who voted last time changes their vote. Which is why the Tories and the small part of Labour that wants to leave are terrified of another referendum, they're locked out for a generation at this point.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

the “quote” from the “Labour source” is incredible

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status/1114245096004829184?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

(apart from London)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

what a stupid headline

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

goddamn do I want to be in the watchist that qr code puts you on

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

what a stupid headline

Particularly, as the bloody data is right here.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

what a stupid headline

That’s nothing, watch this:

https://twitter.com/johnmach2001/status/1114262769380003842?s=20

EU to trigger fish and chips CRISIS if UK doesn’t open fishing waters in no deal Brexit

BRUSSELS bureaucrats could trigger a fish and chips shortage in Britain if the Government refuses to grant access to its waters, EU officials warned today.

EU officials could introduce tariffs on popular fish consumed in Britain in the event of a no deal Brexit. They claim Britons consume more white fish than exists in British waters, with the UK relying on imports from the Continent. An official added haddock and cod supplies are the most popular with Britons and both species will be subject to tough tariffs if Britain refuses to grant access to its waters for European fishing boats.

The tariffs could be implemented as early as April 12 if Britain leaves the bloc without a deal.

EU and UK officials have promised to leave talks on a joint-fisheries agreement until after Brexit.

The European Commission confirmed retaliatory measures could impact cod and haddock supplies to Britain if talks breakdown.

A source said: “Currently the UK consumes more white fish than it catches in its waters and could catch in its waters. Any fish the UK doesn’t catch it will have to import and that will become a trade issue.”

Karmenu Vela, the Commissioner responsible for fisheries, said insisted the EU is keen to strike a reciprocal deal.

He said: “in case of a no-deal Brexit, EU fishing vessels would have to leave UK waters and UK vessels would have to leave EU waters.

“This would have significant negative economic consequences on the part of the EU fleet, which depends on access to UK water.

“Obviously, even on the part of the UK fleet fishing in EU waters.”

Mr Vela offered Britain the opportunity to keep its waters open in order to prevent any disruption to its fish supplies.

Reacting to the threat from Brussels, Tory MEP Daniel Dalton told Express.co.uk: “This threat is codswallop. This is just more posturing by Brussels, but in an area where the EU has got far more to lose than the UK.”

The news comes as Bank of England governor Mark Carney warned earlier this week that the chance of a no deal Brexit is now "alarmingly high”.

Mr Carney defended his continued gloomy forecast of a no deal Brexit as the UK’s April 12 deadline to leave the EU fast approaches.

He told Sky News: "Unfortunately I think it proved accurate. It's alarmingly high now. We're in a situation where the expressed will of Parliament is for some form of deal, so to put it in the double negative: parliament is against no deal.

“The Government, as expressed by the Prime Minister, is against no deal, the European Union is against no deal, and yet it is a possibility - it is the default option.

"So no deal would happen by accident, it would happen suddenly, there would be no transition - it is an accidental disorderly Brexit."

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

goddamn do I want to be in the watchist that qr code puts you on

honestly? same

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oh my gods we've found it

the best possible option

london stays in the EU, rest of England and Wales brexits

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
imagine 50 years from now, when the history books talk about how embarrassing an era this was and how america elected a brain damaged tv star criminal to the highest office of the land, it will be followed by "at the same time, in England,"

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Chokes McGee posted:

imagine 50 years from now, when the history books talk about how embarrassing an era this was and how america elected a brain damaged tv star criminal to the highest office of the land, it will be followed by "at the same time, in England,"

Otoh, Reagan and Thatcher.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Kassad posted:

Otoh, Reagan and Thatcher.

lol no:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Mr and Mrs BREXIT

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this chapter in England history should just be a May power stance gif

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Look at his limp hand

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Squalid posted:

2019: What's the maximal number of projected casualties before we should stop laughing? Does that number rise in proportion to how funny the incident is?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I dont know who i hate the most tbf

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
^^^ Why not both?

History repeats itself as farce and so on

gregday
May 23, 2003

gently caress

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

EU Eurocract Burauocrats(Booooo!) gonna nick ye granny's fish n' chips! Here is how you tell them to bugger off. Free 10£ coupon for bets.com on page 3!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

chav nicked me fish'n'chips

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kurtofan posted:

I dont know who i hate the most tbf

that's easy, myself

twoday
May 4, 2005

alnilam posted:

chav Brussels bureaucrats nicked me fish'n'chips

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

twoday posted:

That’s nothing, watch this:

https://twitter.com/johnmach2001/status/1114262769380003842?s=20

EU to trigger fish and chips CRISIS if UK doesn’t open fishing waters in no deal Brexit

BRUSSELS bureaucrats could trigger a fish and chips shortage in Britain if the Government refuses to grant access to its waters, EU officials warned today.

EU officials could introduce tariffs on popular fish consumed in Britain in the event of a no deal Brexit. They claim Britons consume more white fish than exists in British waters, with the UK relying on imports from the Continent. An official added haddock and cod supplies are the most popular with Britons and both species will be subject to tough tariffs if Britain refuses to grant access to its waters for European fishing boats.

The tariffs could be implemented as early as April 12 if Britain leaves the bloc without a deal.

EU and UK officials have promised to leave talks on a joint-fisheries agreement until after Brexit.

The European Commission confirmed retaliatory measures could impact cod and haddock supplies to Britain if talks breakdown.

A source said: “Currently the UK consumes more white fish than it catches in its waters and could catch in its waters. Any fish the UK doesn’t catch it will have to import and that will become a trade issue.”

Karmenu Vela, the Commissioner responsible for fisheries, said insisted the EU is keen to strike a reciprocal deal.

He said: “in case of a no-deal Brexit, EU fishing vessels would have to leave UK waters and UK vessels would have to leave EU waters.

“This would have significant negative economic consequences on the part of the EU fleet, which depends on access to UK water.

“Obviously, even on the part of the UK fleet fishing in EU waters.”

Mr Vela offered Britain the opportunity to keep its waters open in order to prevent any disruption to its fish supplies.

Reacting to the threat from Brussels, Tory MEP Daniel Dalton told Express.co.uk: “This threat is codswallop. This is just more posturing by Brussels, but in an area where the EU has got far more to lose than the UK.”

The news comes as Bank of England governor Mark Carney warned earlier this week that the chance of a no deal Brexit is now "alarmingly high”.

Mr Carney defended his continued gloomy forecast of a no deal Brexit as the UK’s April 12 deadline to leave the EU fast approaches.

He told Sky News: "Unfortunately I think it proved accurate. It's alarmingly high now. We're in a situation where the expressed will of Parliament is for some form of deal, so to put it in the double negative: parliament is against no deal.

“The Government, as expressed by the Prime Minister, is against no deal, the European Union is against no deal, and yet it is a possibility - it is the default option.

"So no deal would happen by accident, it would happen suddenly, there would be no transition - it is an accidental disorderly Brexit."

it will be a tragic day for proud Englishmen when they have to watch their trawlers return to port without a haul of fresh caught potatoes for the first time in history

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

using all her stored up volcel nega-tantric power in one last desperate play

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

imagine thinking the eu won't have any more waters if the uk leaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008