Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like the bit after the squirrel returns to Kars' hand and it transforms between a huge butterfly, a big flower and then back to his hand, him just warming up a little bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Toasty_nerd/status/1113217702938546176

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Dragonwagon posted:

Kars already came back to earth, as Mikitaka. Think about it: he can turn himself into anything he wants, but can't see stands.

hello new headcanon

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Kars used a portion of his mass to forcefully eject another portion of his body back to Earth that became a separate, self aware entity.

Boom, Mikitaka.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dragonwagon posted:

Kars already came back to earth, as Mikitaka. Think about it: he can turn himself into anything he wants, but can't see stands.

I mean, technically there isn't anything that disproves this...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Felt like the music in the past two episodes had a very Twin Peaks-y feel with the piano. Not sure if it was just me but it gave me that vibe.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

RatHat posted:

I mean, technically there isn't anything that disproves this...

I think Kars endlessly floating through space until he stops thinking pretty conclusively means he didn’t come back to Earth and live a normal life after a handful of decades.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Kars would just need to bump into something that directed his float back to Earth. Odds of that happening, especially braindead, are pretty insignificant and would take probably centuries if he ever arrived.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Stranger things have happened

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
April 4th was Jonathan's birthday but none of us brought it up out of respect for Mista

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hit or miss
I guess they never Mista

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Does it count as missing when your bullets do hit something?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Waffleman_ posted:

Hit or miss
I guess they never Mista

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxF7wMcnbTI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ZebitasMartinex/status/1094742078729396224

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'll tell you what I want what I really really want

It's for the episode to be out, which it is.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that's-a spicy a-lady

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh right, today is Friday. :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJLIiF15wjQ&t=88s

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
someone make a gif of notorious big punching the clock

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Notorious BIG was oddly cute this episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just like IRL

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Was the episode title too close to band name and CR played it safe? All the previous references were exact spellings and all that.

Down there: They got back together recently for whatever reasons, sans Posh last I saw.

GuyUpNorth fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 5, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The thing that surprises me the most is that the Spice Girls are still an active band. I thought they split up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They reunite for a tour every 5 years or so to get some more easy money going.

Posh/Victoria Beckham basically never actually takes part in the reunions though. I don't know that about her for certain but she never seems to be in the news when it happens. You kind of get to know a lot about them when you live in Britain because I dunno why but they're just part of the cultural fabric.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 5, 2019

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this might be my favourite episode of Part 5 so far. Trish is pretty cool once she galaxy brains into being a full Jojo.

King Crimson has a great design, it's so loving angry.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
new ep is very good and SPICY LADY is indeed very spicy

Rohan Kishibe posted:

King Crimson has a great design, it's so loving angry.

the animation effect for the time erasure is dope as gently caress and i love whenever they use it

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Raserys posted:

someone make a gif of notorious big punching the clock

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Really enjoyed Trish becoming a character but uh
this episode felt really... short and empty? I dunno.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Spice Girl and Notorious B.I.G we're added to the ending.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sockser posted:

Really enjoyed Trish becoming a character but uh
this episode felt really... short and empty? I dunno.

Automatic Stand battles can be really hit or miss in general. There's no antagonist character for anyone to bounce off so the cast are basically just trying to solve a curse most of the time, which can be fun but isn't really a susbstitute for a strong personality like Proscuttio or Ghiaccio.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

Automatic Stand battles can be really hit or miss in general. There's no antagonist character for anyone to bounce off so the cast are basically just trying to solve a curse most of the time, which can be fun but isn't really a substitute for a strong personality like Proscuttio or Ghiaccio.
:yeah:

Man, casting Accelerator/Mikorin as Ghiaccio was a loving :master: of casting. Like, Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Prosciutto was great and he totally fit well with Prosciutto's whole "absolutely ruthless professional killer" aura, but Okamoto was like they took an already manic guitar riff and absolutely covered it with Fuzz effects.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I loved this episode, especially how it looked. The pink tone to everything was really nice

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Love how nonchalantly the narrator tells us that Notorious B.I.G remains to this day a horrifying sea monster that regularly murders boat-fulls of people. Someone needs to get Vanilla Ice out there to vanish it or something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

galagazombie posted:

Love how nonchalantly the narrator tells us that Notorious B.I.G remains to this day a horrifying sea monster that regularly murders boat-fulls of people.

For once, people saying the Stand is invincible wasn't hyperbole. :ohdear:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I really like Trish's VA and the way this anime is handling her. I thought she was kind of flat in the original manga but this anime is doing a good job of making her a sympathetic and entertaining character

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I remember not liking this fight in the manga, but the anime did a real good job with it and Trish is super cool during this.

"No Bucciarati we need to destroy this plane, WANNABEEEEE"

Also her saying "arrivederci" like Bucciarati was kinda cute :kimchi:

Kuvo posted:

SPICY LADY is indeed very spicy

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Grazie

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think King Crimson is easily my favorite stand design in any arc so far, mostly for the way it's constantly shaking in barely restrained rage at all times and so angry it needs half a second face to fully express it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rewatching the episode, it's impressive how much stuff the Boss was able to cleanly throw out the window into the canal during the ten seconds of skipped/erased time.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I love how Carne's death ended up turning the Tyrrhenian Sea into an Italian Bermuda Triangle. You gotta wonder what the conspiracy theorists make of the airplane crash and the increase in casualties. Hell, there are likely some Stand-users who have zero idea of what's going on.