Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I only saw it through gifs on twitter but the crowd looked completely dead and the camerawork looked like a fan cam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Midnightghoul posted:

I only saw it through gifs on twitter but the crowd looked completely dead and the camerawork looked like a fan cam

To be fair, the shows from Japan also look like this

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The crowd was extremely loving loud, it was quiet between spots because it wasn't a huge venue or something but people were on their feet for that last title match

I know gently caress all about Stardom but had a great time following my friends' cues to mark out. Building was a little run down but I've seen Gabe run far worse, and the rope was never an issue which was good. I think like a hole on a ring post got stripped or something and they weren't able to tighten it in any meaningful way

The building was super humid (not hot, mind you, just carpet-sticking humid), so I wonder if that borked some equipment? Hopefully there's a recoverable archive because that match was something.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Hopefully next time Stardom do this they work with actually competent people who manage to actually present the very good show that Stardom put out in the way that it deserves to be: and not in a broken ring with the big singles title match being ruined by the stream breaking. Could be WWN, Wrestlecon or whoever I don't care; someone ACTUALLY good please!

That match was legit probably the most anticipated match that I had full stop - not just this weekend - and to have it basically ruined like that is incredibly annoying. That probably sounds over the top and whatever but its entirely unacceptable for a live stream that I've paid for to entirely miss the ending of the most important match on the card (and also the Oedo Tai dance which is almost important for a Stardom show but like claiming a refund for that by itself would be silly). Its not Stardoms fault and I'm sure that they are well aware of that but that doesn't matter: if I spend money on a show I expect to get the full show and while I might tolerate a prelim match being messed up like that not what is effectively the main event of the show!

They offered me ten fite credits and to keep the replay (which has the gap in it so its not even like that helps) and I accepted since I'll probably use those in the future. I imagine that if you pushed for a cash refund you might just get one.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

crowd was great except their resistance to standing, show was a blast

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Stardom show was good live. They did a big meet & greet afterwards and that was a bit of a clusterfuck. You bought a ticket for each wrestler you wanted to get a photo/autograph with. But they told people they had to do it for the non joshi too and Martina and Jamie Hayter had no clue about it. I hope they get paid for that.

As someone who doesn't watch Stardom, I thought everyone was cool. I was really into Bobbi Tyler. Thought she was cool as heck.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IceAgeComing posted:

Hopefully next time Stardom do this they work with actually competent people who manage to actually present the very good show that Stardom put out in the way that it deserves to be: and not in a broken ring with the big singles title match being ruined by the stream breaking. Could be WWN, Wrestlecon or whoever I don't care; someone ACTUALLY good please!

That match was legit probably the most anticipated match that I had full stop - not just this weekend - and to have it basically ruined like that is incredibly annoying. That probably sounds over the top and whatever but its entirely unacceptable for a live stream that I've paid for to entirely miss the ending of the most important match on the card (and also the Oedo Tai dance which is almost important for a Stardom show but like claiming a refund for that by itself would be silly). Its not Stardoms fault and I'm sure that they are well aware of that but that doesn't matter: if I spend money on a show I expect to get the full show and while I might tolerate a prelim match being messed up like that not what is effectively the main event of the show!

They offered me ten fite credits and to keep the replay (which has the gap in it so its not even like that helps) and I accepted since I'll probably use those in the future. I imagine that if you pushed for a cash refund you might just get one.

The match was really great so hopefully it's up on Stardom World soon. It really sucks because it was the perfect match for that card.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

DM Punk posted:

Stardom show was good live. They did a big meet & greet afterwards and that was a bit of a clusterfuck. You bought a ticket for each wrestler you wanted to get a photo/autograph with. But they told people they had to do it for the non joshi too and Martina and Jamie Hayter had no clue about it. I hope they get paid for that.

This is exactly how every joshi promotion does it in Japan (including for gaijin) so I guess nobody told them an American audience would be expecting something different (or that they might want to tell their non-Japanese talent they'd be doing it Japan-style)

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Commentary for Stardom was really bad. "Highlight" of the night had to be "Fumi, do you know what a Mary Sue is?" and then going on a Star Wars derail for a bit.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Maybe I should go to the Stardom head office in Kameido and offer my services. Rossy has met me before, too

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

TTBF posted:

Commentary for Stardom was really bad. "Highlight" of the night had to be "Fumi, do you know what a Mary Sue is?" and then going on a Star Wars derail for a bit.

Man..how did that come up during the course of the show? I'm curious.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jim Valley kinda just busted it out of nowhere so he could say "Stardom has no Mary Sues"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently there will be a third Mae Young Classic this year. I guess some German documentary on a retired wrestler revealed it when WWE invited her to participate in the third MYC if she can get into ring shape.

Although if Tegan Nox is in it, its pretty obvious who is winning.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 9, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah it must have been a real kick in the gonads for Stardom to have to put up with House Of Glory and Ring of Honor's silliness.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Although if Tegan Nox is in it, its pretty obvious who is winning.

Whoever the second choice is after Tegan horribly injures herself again?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

There are going to run out of indy unsigned talent to put in the MYC 3.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They'll hit a point where they can pivot from new faces to giving people First Time Ever in a WWE Ring matches with the standouts from previous ones.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DarkstarIV posted:

I guess some German documentary on a retired wrestler revealed it when WWE invited her to participate in the third MYC if she can get into ring shape.
The only documentary I know that came out recently is a doc on the WWE tryout a while ago. I haven't seen it, but the only one there who would fit this would be Wesna who is not exactly retired, but working only occasionally and I can certainly see WWE telling her to lose some weight this way.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

https://twitter.com/aewrestling/status/1115610303780335616?s=21

Hikaru Shida signed with AEW!

Her most well known match was with Masato Tanaka vs Kenny Omega and Kana/Asuka. It was during a feud where Kana and Shida were dueling over who has the best butt based offense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Here's a great match she had with Aja Kong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSuHTPZ5MOk

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Shida's first run with SHIMMER was really good. Two good matches with Mia Yim, the first Evie match, Athena/Ember, mini program with Nicole Matthews and a gaga three way with Kana and Eagles

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Shida was one of those high profile names before the boom that got lost in the shuffle. She was involved with HUSTLE/SMASH/WNC and then vanished when WNC dismantled. There really weren't many high profile promotions at the time.

It was when ICE Ribbon was splintering off to go to Taiwan and before STARDOM had taken off the ground. She did MMA for a while and had a pretty okay career there but I'm excited to see her back in the spotlight.

Out of her era, Io Shirai and Asuka are signed to WWE, Fujimoto is feuding with a panda bear and pretty much the rest have retired or aren't in big promotions anymore. I have no idea where Makoto is at, and Riho just recently became a free agent (She's still only 21)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Makoto is still in Ice Ribbon. She's got a team going on with Miyako Matsumoto with the whole gimmick being Makoto hates teaming with her and got mad when they became number one contenders to the tag titles. She also is a regular for Kaori Yoneyama's weird YMZ promotion where she is managed by old woman who tries to choke people out with vegetables. Said old woman recently made her pro wrestling debut against Isami Kodaka.

Shida's been doing alright. She was one half of the biggest drawing women's main event in Japan last year (vs. Aja Kong in OZ Academy) and their match outdrew AJPW and Wrestle 1 in the same building so I wouldn't say she'd vanished.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Syuri is in UFC. I saw her on a tv program a few weeks back and they pretty much glossed over her wrestling career. They had her wearing her UFC gear even though everyone else on the show was dressed in regular clothes.

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel
Utami hayashishita injured her hand and needs surgery. Apparently she is going to miss at least the 13th show, most likely the 14th one too probably.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

Here's a great match she had with Aja Kong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSuHTPZ5MOk

loved this match. Aja doesn't do much and she doesn't need to. That top rope senton thing Aja does is still the most brutal looking thing. Shida's very pretty and has some tight knee attacks. Could yell some more though.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I haven't been watching Stardom the last three months. Anything good? How's it been?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I haven't been watching Stardom the last three months. Anything good? How's it been?

Storyline wise there's been nothing too interesting beyond the former Cassandra Miyagi signing up and joining Oedo Tai. You missed a really good Jungle Kyona vs. Momo Watanabe match though. Konami and Hana Kimura put on the best match Hana's had at least since her series with Mika Iwata in Sendai Girls if not ever.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Draft coming up soon so that should be interesting.

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel
Well we have Utami's rise to power, Mayu legitimizing the Women of Honor belt, Tam and Arisa growing to accept each other, Hazuki growing into her role as straight man of Oedo Tai, Saya Iida's growth in ability, Momo breaking the white belt defense record and some other little things like the advancement of Azm and Starlight kid on the card.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Strokavich posted:

Well we have Utami's rise to power, Mayu legitimizing the Women of Honor belt, Tam and Arisa growing to accept each other, Hazuki growing into her role as straight man of Oedo Tai, Saya Iida's growth in ability, Momo breaking the white belt defense record and some other little things like the advancement of Azm and Starlight kid on the card.

Whoa there Strokavich. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Mayu may have made the title look legit, but its right back on Kelly Klein and thrown into an angle involving The Beautiful People Allure.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

there is a Queen's Quest vs. Oedo Tai mask tomorrow with the stipulation that if QQ lose they're banned from wearing their masks and if Oedo Tai lose they're banned from doing their dance.

the faction draft is on Sunday and there'll be a Kagetsu vs. Mayu Iwatani vs. Momo Watanabe vs. Hana Kimura vs. Jungle Kyona elimination match to decide the order in which they get to draft for their respective factions.

E: now the last person to be eliminated will have to immediately disband their faction.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 12, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Some STARDOM news.

First, Mayu is taking time off after the draft to fully take care of her knee injury:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1116602938011439106

Second, Toni Storm is returning to STARDOM to work some shows apparently:

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1116669065920008192

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.shimmerwrestling.com/2019/04/the-summit-august-10th-in-toronto.html Aug 10 in Toronto is The Summit, a women's wrestling event collab between SHIMMER, Smash Wrestling, RISE and Femmes Fatales

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

http://www.shimmerwrestling.com/2019/04/the-summit-august-10th-in-toronto.html Aug 10 in Toronto is The Summit, a women's wrestling event collab between SHIMMER, Smash Wrestling, RISE and Femmes Fatales

no karaoke bar will be left unscathed

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Some STARDOM news.

First, Mayu is taking time off after the draft to fully take care of her knee injury:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1116602938011439106

Second, Toni Storm is returning to STARDOM to work some shows apparently:

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1116669065920008192

Assume the latter must mean Rossy signed the same sort of deal that Progress, ICW and Evolve have with WWE?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Assume the latter must mean Rossy signed the same sort of deal that Progress, ICW and Evolve have with WWE?

No, he's in bed with ROH.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Toni and Rossy are good friends. That was why she got away with cosplaying him one year for the Jenken tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

no karaoke bar will be left unscathed
I was about to not "not since Skater retired" but Shotzi really kills some karaoke.