Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Zzulu posted:

The rest of them aren't particularly interesting. Clayface would just be some CGI crap

Clayface can change his appearance to anyone so you don't have to go gung-ho with CGI stuff.
Anyway here is a list of Batman villains outside of Joker:
Scarecrow
Penguin
Poison Ivy
Bane
Ras al Ghul
Two-Face
Riddler
Man-Bat
Pyg
Black Mask
KGBeast
Killer Croc
Talia
Deadshot (I guess)
Hush
Mr. Freeze
Mad Hatter
Zsasz

Those are just the ones off the top of my head. You can probably get a few movies out of even pairing some of those up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1114251374710149124

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
What an interesting choice for Hercules!

yea idk

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
idk if the world is ready for Kumail with a six-pack

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Barry Convex posted:

idk if the world is ready for Kumail with a six-pack

Well, I'm ready :heysexy:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I found weird about Shazam is for how often the effects looked good for some reason a lot of the Billy flying effects looked kind of cheap. Mainly when they were doing the full CG character stuff.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
well huh https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1114267243649437697?s=21

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bronze Tiger unless they mean a new original character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's Batman.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

He's Batman.

:yeshaha:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Also China hates children. All of them.

I’m sure having a multiracial foster family doesn’t play well in some countries.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

What an interesting choice for Hercules!

yea idk

I thought Luke Evans was gonna be the star and they were saying he was Hercules?

I really like Luke Evans so I hope he gets the chance to be the main star.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I'm sure having a multiracial foster family doesn't play well in some countries.

America, for example.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Elba already is the Winter Soldier, this is going to confuse the public

Rhyno posted:

He's Batman.

Catman, start up the Secret Six

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/h7ney/status/1114211460610179072

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Codependent Poster posted:

I thought Luke Evans was gonna be the star and they were saying he was Hercules?

I really like Luke Evans so I hope he gets the chance to be the main star.

They've also said the main character will be an openly gay guy. Dunno if that would be in character for Hercules or not.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Now I'm dead

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Cythereal posted:

They've also said the main character will be an openly gay guy. Dunno if that would be in character for Hercules or not.

No they said the actor playing the main character will be openly gay.

Isn't the story itself about the love between the two main characters, one of which is male and the other is female?

Edit: Unless they didn't mean one of the two main leads? I dunno.

Double edit: There's new rumors floating around in the past two days I didn't see so now I don't know what is happening, so disregard.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 5, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like Kumail a lot, I'd be up for him being in Eternals even if I don't actually know anything about the loving Eternals

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah I have no connection to the Eternals but if Kumail is in it I'm interested. I hope it's a serious deep role too, like some overwrought godly poo poo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm guessing he's that doctor who finds out he has super speed, from the one Eternals book I ever read?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I'm guessing he's that doctor who finds out he has super speed, from the one Eternals book I ever read?

What makes you say that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cause I remember that guy not being a crazy muscleman

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Have him be a celestial. Just him with Kirby facepaint

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

He's Batman.

Don't gently caress with my heart like this 💔

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently Suicide Squad 2 is no longer called that and the new name is... "The Suicide Squad"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

X-O posted:

I plan on seeing Shazam next week. Gripes about the goofiness of the suit aside it looks like a really fun movie. It's a shame the thing seems to be looking bad overseas in the box office. I don't want DC to backpeddle towards the stuff it was making when it's finally starting to put out good fun movies now.

Knowing DC they'll jump right into Superman v Shazam and make it a half baked Kingdom Come adaptation.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently Suicide Squad 2 is no longer called that and the new name is... "The Suicide Squad"

It's a reboot because the first movie was so terrible even those involved want to forget it happened.

Which means we might get to see Slipknot again.

The man who can climb anything.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
If they do bring him back, I just hope they find a more embarrassing way for him to die off pointlessly. Make it a running gag.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Guys holy poo poo, Shazam is loving great. It's so much goddamn fun and I loved it. Also, as a Philadelphian, I just want to say that yes, it 100% tracks that if we ever got a superhero he'd be sort of a weirdo scumbag. And I guess DC just had to try every other stupid idea before finally trying out just making really fun solo movies and building a universe off that, because right now I would actually be totally cool with buying a Justice League ticket if you promised me Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam hanging out, and I don't give a poo poo who they end up fighting, it can be dumbass Steppenwulf again, I just want to see that team-up.

No seriously don't read this part until you watch the movie:
I figured we were getting it once I saw them for a split second in the trailers, but holy poo poo, the full Marvel Family from the Johns reboot rules when they show up. Super Darla for Justice League chairwoman, please. And I guess there are side benefits to this hosed-up impossible hell timeline we're all stuck in, because I just saw goddamn motherfucking evil caterpillar Mr. Mind talking through a tiny radio box around his neck in an actual goddamn movie, what a goddamn world sometimes.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

David D. Davidson posted:

If they do bring him back, I just hope they find a more embarrassing way for him to die off pointlessly. Make it a running gag.

"Here comes Slipknot, the man that can climb anything."

*Soldier trips and accidentally discharges his gun, shooting Slipknot in the head*

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Elba could also be Black Spider. Literally just add a sometimes helmet to his Hobbes and Shaw outfit.

Actually wait no. He should replace the Rick Flagg role as Corporal John Stewart, still in the marines and assigned as the military liaison to this ridiculous farce. Also he gets the ring in the post-credits.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 6, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I would like Elba to be Captain Cold

Because that fella is one cool cucumber

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Guys.... what if Elba is playing The Joker?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Idris is the enchantress, complete with the terrible cg from the first movies climax

site fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 6, 2019

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

Edris is the enchantress, complete with the terrible cg from the first movies climax

So long as he does the stupid dancing too

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theironjef posted:

Actually wait no. He should replace the Rick Flagg role as Corporal John Stewart, still in the marines and assigned as the military liaison to this ridiculous farce. Also he gets the ring in the post-credits.

Not an emptyquote!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

BSS Movie Thread: I'm dead

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

it's kind of amazing, guys. I saw Shazam! tonight, and...

Zod became significantly less and less impressive/threatening over time. Doomsday, Steppenwolf, and even Ares were grey, CGI monstrosities, with the latter losing his edge the moment he started actually fighting.

But then, in a single scene, a freaking CATERPILLAR WITH A VOICE BOX AROUND ITS NECK blows every single other DCEU villain out of the water as far as actually being scary.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Nodosaur posted:

it's kind of amazing, guys. I saw Shazam! tonight, and...

Zod became significantly less and less impressive/threatening over time. Doomsday, Steppenwolf, and even Ares were grey, CGI monstrosities, with the latter losing his edge the moment he started actually fighting.

But then, in a single scene, a freaking CATERPILLAR WITH A VOICE BOX AROUND ITS NECK blows every single other DCEU villain as far as actually being scary.
Shazam! buddies! :hfive: