Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

luxury handset posted:

JFK's body was a total wreck, first off he had addison's disease which is a hormonal deficiency, as well as bowel issues, a hosed up back from football injuries compounded by war injuries as well as his body just being dysfunctional, and was on antidepressants, ritalin, all kinds of poo poo. like when he wasn't all shot full of steroids for public appearances he was basically on crutches

FlamingLiberal posted:

How the hell was a guy with a hormonal deficiency and on antidepressants loving everything that moved

Ague Proof posted:

Not because it is easy, but because it is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sockser posted:

I really don't like the meme format of
no one:
thing: stuff

It just seems like a lazy format that doesn't actually add anything?
I mean here it does, because the TV is making noises in response to nothing but a lot of times it just feels hacky

500 good dogs posted:

no one:
sockser: :goonsay:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

nockturne posted:

"Everything is covered in something brand new".

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823457 (needs archives)

Sir, can you please just start hitting me with the axe now

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Sea turtles eat jellyfish. If you're going to go swim with the sea turtles perhaps don't do it on an inflatable device that looks a bit like a jellyfish

https://i.imgur.com/FDLme1p.mp4

Grem posted:

Those turtles are dumb as gently caress, that looks nothing like a jellyfish.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Talk about a Monday morning leatherback

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Uptime Sinclair posted:

“why yes i have tried lsd”

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

oh my god

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Shifty Nipples posted:

That one was really good.

Holy poo poo

I thought after all these years a solid aatrek dunk would feel stale, but here we are. Golden.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:thurman:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Hahahaha amazing

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Holy poo poo

I thought after all these years a solid aatrek dunk would feel stale, but here we are. Golden.

Unlike Aatrek, goons don't lose interest in things that are more than a few years old.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Sorry, can somebody give grandpa the skinny on this?

VVV Ah thank you two.

pangstrom has a new favorite as of 14:49 on Apr 5, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the Triticum goon project post.

Second page, about halfway down.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
You could have helpfully added a link to the post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post452436241

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Turpitude II posted:

Unlike Aatrek, goons don't lose interest in things that are more than a few years old.

went to post this in the funny forum quotes thread and got a real shocker of a revelation

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i dont get how the wood knife / whittle quote is a dunk on aatrek :(

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

nockturne posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823457 (needs archives)

Ah. This brings back memories of the time the funeral home played a smooth jazz Muzak piano rendition of this at my grandmother’s visitation.

“I’m in love with your body,” indeed...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I find those almost never work anymore because of the order assets load on pages.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Krankenstyle posted:

He meant to quote canyoneer, I was confused too for a moment :downs:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh man thank you, it was driving me crazy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Aphrodite posted:

I find those almost never work anymore because of the order assets load on pages.

They "work" but then the embedded tweets/videos load and shove everything down. Sometimes you can reload to get it to hit the right spot, the pros remember the username/post content (I'm not one).

There's an "Adjust the page position to the top of the requested post after the page loads" option in the usercp that I currently have checked, but I guess that triggers after images load but before all the extra javascript poo poo loads. Maybe if the trigger could be changed to "on page render" instead of "on page load" or whatever they are called??? I'm not a front end developer (thank christ).

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Mobile is hard, I have sausage fingers :(

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Oh good, I was like "but I'm not funny".

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Mobile is hard, I have sausage fingers :(

okay I'll bite. Tell me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

I got as far as whittle = little but then ???

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

okay I'll bite. Tell me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Years ago while I was riding a 30 mile loop, this turd on a fixed gear bike was being a complete slow rear end in the bike lane. So I tailgated the poo poo out of them and told them I was passing them on the right. They had headphones in that I couldn't see, until I drew level.

She then proceeded to panic and horse kick me in the side hard enough to send me face first into the gutter, and her careening into 30mph rush-hour traffic. On a bike. With pedals moving of their own accord without her feet on them. With no helmet. Goddamn fool nearly killed us both.

I failed a tflc toxx, so I ate a ban and shine gave me the tamest red text I've ever seen to commemorate my return/misfortune.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

nockturne posted:

"OMG JC a Bomb! posted: posted:

Everything is covered in something brand new.
I've always thought Ed Sheehan would be better if he were played by someone else.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Years ago while I was riding a 30 mile loop, this turd on a fixed gear bike was being a complete slow rear end in the bike lane. So I tailgated the poo poo out of them and told them I was passing them on the right. They had headphones in that I couldn't see, until I drew level.

She then proceeded to panic and horse kick me in the side hard enough to send me face first into the gutter, and her careening into 30mph rush-hour traffic. On a bike. With pedals moving of their own accord without her feet on them. With no helmet. Goddamn fool nearly killed us both.

I failed a tflc toxx, so I ate a ban and shine gave me the tamest red text I've ever seen to commemorate my return/misfortune.

Thanks

lol that story was every bit as normal as I expected

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Phlegmish posted:

I got as far as whittle = little but then ???

same, i was like "this is weak. i get the little pun, but to transplant that onto aatrek pedophilia? tryhard at best"

thx again birdmod ^_^

e. also can i get my name changed to "turd on a fixed gear" pls

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

Holy poo poo computers are stupid.

:allears: love a good username joke

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

...why did she respond by kicking you? :wtc:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Morons have a strong fight or flight reflex

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Poor fixie, thought of SeaGoatSupreme and nearly died.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Which post by canyoneer? I'm also being driven slightly insane by this.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

nockturne posted:

Which post by canyoneer? I'm also being driven slightly insane by this.

this one:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

can ya name the quote by a real ol goon
who's got the stairs and where tf is Kyoon
canyoneer posted:

*whipcrack*

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

can ya name the quote by a real ol goon
who's got the stairs and where tf is Kyoon
canyoneer posted:

*whipcrack*

*big red suv crashes through thread*

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

:drat:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Chichevache posted:

...why did she respond by kicking you? :wtc:

A bearded, purple faced 220lb dude suddenly appearing within two feet of you is a shocker, apparently.

My name can be shortened to "ant". Poor fixie, thought of ant and nearly died.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Caesar Saladin posted:

gone home but you have to do a hard rhythm game to find out that your sister's gay

Barudak posted:

Thats just listening to a riot grrrl album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I sometimes reread this thread. It's funny as poo poo

STOP REPORTING STUPID poo poo YOU IDIOTS