Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Ill be honest I kinda thought Bucaretti would banish Notorious BIG to his zipper nether realm like where he stored all the money.

It becoming a sea monster was kinda neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Kuvo do you mind if I steal that gif for an avatar? I've been waiting for a cool Trish scene for a while.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AbyssHunted/status/1114268390414266368

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Electric Phantasm posted:

I remember not liking this fight in the manga, but the anime did a real good job with it and Trish is super cool during this.

"No Bucciarati we need to destroy this plane, WANNABEEEEE"

Also her saying "arrivederci" like Bucciarati was kinda cute :kimchi:

one of the things the anime is really excelling at is giving a really good breath of life to everyone involved, whether or not the manga in a particular segment was already full of character as it is. everyone gets a real personality even if they don't get a lot of time to really personally shine in a bunch of solo fights or whatever.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

AnEdgelord posted:

Ill be honest I kinda thought Bucaretti would banish Notorious BIG to his zipper nether realm like where he stored all the money.

It becoming a sea monster was kinda neat.

Why doesn't Bucaretti solve all their fights like this? He could just make a zipper pitfall trap into oblivion and keep all his enemies there.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Notorious Big would probably instantly come out the moment he tried to close it and eat his hand.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why doesn't Bucaretti solve all their fights like this? He could just make a zipper pitfall trap into oblivion and keep all his enemies there.

Last time he tried that he got punched in the face by some Egyptian guy's arm.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Last time he tried that he got punched in the face by some Egyptian guy's arm.

Oh. I don't remember that episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's joke.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

No it's jellyfish.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Now I'm confused. :(

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Is that Goku?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Trish going "this would be an exceptionally terrible idea that will get me killed" and then doing it anyway means she has become a full JoJo.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Trish was so cool this episode.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Trish sat in the wet patch on the seat. Gross.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
gotta admit, i was a little disappointed by that wannabe.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Lobsterman posted:

Kuvo do you mind if I steal that gif for an avatar? I've been waiting for a cool Trish scene for a while.

sure, its not like i hold the copyright to it lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Expect My Mom posted:

I loved this episode, especially how it looked. The pink tone to everything was really nice

Yeah this 2-parter had really good art direction

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Spice Girl just does what Echoes Act 2 did in one scene at the end of the Yukiko arc.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Limited, focused stand abilities are great cause they let you see the ingenuity of the user.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

overmind2000 posted:

Rewatching the episode, it's impressive how much stuff the Boss was able to cleanly throw out the window into the canal during the ten seconds of skipped/erased time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm genuinely surprised The Boss didn't kill the cleaning lady for seeing too much.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm genuinely surprised The Boss didn't kill the cleaning lady for seeing too much.

Considering he was surrounded by information about Trish and his past it's possible his paranoia triggered a flight response at the possibility of someone finding out about him even if it would have only been for one second. The Boss leads a sad life, really.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 6, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Surprisingly despite being a complete paranoid schizophrenic he seems like he won't outright kill people who doesn't know his poo poo apparently if he can either convince them not to look ala Brucci or just avoid them completely. Still a pretty lovely way to live though.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, leaving a trail of bodies around tends to lead to people getting curious about you also.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

overmind2000 posted:

Rewatching the episode, it's impressive how much stuff the Boss was able to cleanly throw out the window into the canal during the ten seconds of skipped/erased time.

It's even more impressive he was able to activate King Crimson: The World for the sole purpose of running away from a cleaning lady

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah I think it's just that causing a missing persons case would cause him more trouble than just vanishing and leaving her wondering if it was her imagination instead.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the dude ain't kira, he can't just zoop away a corpse

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He also can't interact with the material world during erased time and yet here we are

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is off topic, but Tompetti in Part 1 uses Hamon to read the future and find out where Zeppeli is going to die. Joseph's Hermit Purple also has some degree of psychic power, but it's usually inaccurate and doesn't work well. So I guess if Joseph had continued training in Hamon, Hermit Purple would've been more powerful. Shame that he was lazy!

Back on topic, it is kind of funny that the most feared man in Italy had to run away from a cleaning lady. But yeah, his life doesn't exactly look terribly great if he's so paranoid that he can't even let the audience see what he looks like.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Hermit Purple was always pretty drat accurate aside from finding Kira who intentionally kept as blended in as possible to live his perfect life.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it super wasn't

it made a sexy dio pinup the first time it was ever used that was useless by itself

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Expect My Mom posted:

it super wasn't

it made a sexy dio pinup the first time it was ever used that was useless by itself

that's the secret, it just shows whatever Joseph is horny for at the time

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

multijoe posted:

He also can't interact with the material world during erased time and yet here we are

I think how it works is that the boss can take stuff in his possession or maybe what he's touching (like his clothes and stuff) into King Crimson's void space that occurs when time is being skipped. That could explain how he captured Trish and moved his stuff out, but can't necessarily insta-kill an opponenet.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tetracube posted:

that's the secret, it just shows whatever Joseph is horny for at the time

man, that barrel of tar must have been fly as hell

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Can I just say that I'm real loving pleased with how the Team Pose panel turned out in this episode.

Like if there's one thing this show has been good at, it's been serving up piping hot Jojo poses whenever it gets the chance. :allears:

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

If only stand users can see stands does that mean I am a stand user?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Johnny Joestar posted:

man, that barrel of tar must have been fly as hell

don't act like you've never considered it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

If only stand users can see stands does that mean I am a stand user?

:thunk: