Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

CleverHans posted:

Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Tossed into the sea
With a big hearty "YEET!"

Prince Ali
throws batteries
into the watah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNCgyk-BFgs

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

CaptainViolence posted:

Prince Ali
throws batteries
into the watah

Lmao

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CleverHans posted:

Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Tossed into the sea
With a big hearty "YEET!"

:vince:

CaptainViolence posted:

Prince Ali
throws batteries
into the watah

:perfect:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Batt'ries in the sea.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Let them go
let them go
heave them with a mighty throw

autozone never bothered me anyway (because it's legal)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Throw batteries
At AutoZone they work all day
Trying to take your fun away
While we devotin'
Full time to floatin'
Under the sea

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I threw some batt’ries in the sea,
hurled ‘em with all my might;
not only was it legal, pal!
...it also was my right.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I fear the car batteries meme will gain enough traction among young and dumb teens that we will get real life attempts to throw car batteries into the ocean, which is already so badly polluted, and we won't be able to do anything to stop them, because it's both legal and fun to do so. And no court will convict them

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Car battery meme is one of very few that made it onto my shortlist of memes that make me queasy.

No am not posting the list.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

Car battery meme is one of very few that made it onto my shortlist of memes that make me queasy.

No am not posting the list.

where does klussy fit on the list

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I have mixed feelings about clussy. It was on the list, but then clobbered came around.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
As with all things, the correct answer is daddy's cummies.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I TOLD YOU I AM NOT POSTING THE LIST

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

As with all things, the correct answer is daddy's cummies.

Uhhh you call Garfield "Daddy" too?!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

some AutoZone dick posted:

I TOLD YOU I AM NOT POSTING THE LIST

On a scale of tribute.wmv to Daddy's cummies where would you rate the perfectly legal and fun activity of throwing your old car batteries into the ocean

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

On a scale of tribute.wmv to Daddy's cummies where would you rate the perfectly legal and fun activity of throwing your old car batteries into the ocean

Batteries into the sea is like a 2 compared to daddies cummies. At least the first one is perfectly legal and completely harmless.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 09:51 on Apr 6, 2019

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lol he's getting avocado hand

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I have always been a fan of mixing thread genres with Daddies Cummies and No1Curr.

I miss reaction gifs and that sweet chain of probates.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

burial posted:

I threw some batt’ries in the sea,
hurled ‘em with all my might;
not only was it legal, pal!
...it also was my right.

Put your faith in what you most believe in
Two worlds, one battery
Trust your heart
Let fate decide
To guide these rights we see

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Ohhhhhhhhh
Who throws old car batteries into the sea?
SAND-WICH ANARCHIST
It's a perfectly fun, legal activity!
SAND-WICH ANARCHIST

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
to throw batteries - in the sea.
To show those autozone assholes
I wont pay - their fee

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Incredibly topical atm

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I'm so incredibly disappointed that the LoTR one didn't say "it's perfectly Smeagol".

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

dialhforhero posted:

I have always been a fan of mixing thread genres with Daddies Cummies and No1Curr.

I miss reaction gifs and that sweet chain of probates.

The best thing about No1Curr was that it got spammed so much it became The Forbidden Meme but not 100% forbidden. To discourage people from posting it some mod or another (I forget who...brojo, I think?) said that he was going to flip a coin and if it landed right probate or occasionally ban whoever posted it.

So it turned into a game where people would be like YOLO!!!!!, post it anyway, and then post stuff like "I like to live dangerously." I think a few people even posted it until they got banned for it with the reasoning of "I wanted to give Lowtax :10bux: anyway." A meme that had been beaten into horse paste suddenly became funny again and it was a complete accident.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I do believe it was definitely Mr. Trains who would do the coinflip.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

Bread Liar

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The best thing about No1Curr was that it got spammed so much it became The Forbidden Meme but not 100% forbidden. To discourage people from posting it some mod or another (I forget who...brojo, I think?) said that he was going to flip a coin and if it landed right probate or occasionally ban whoever posted it.

I was lurking the forums during that period and it was my favorite thread iteration, the coin flip and reaction gifs for pages were great

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

DiggityDoink posted:

Batteries into the sea is like a 2 compared to daddies cummies. At least the first one is perfectly legal and completely harmless.

DiggityDoink rates daddies cummies a perfect 10.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

So it turned into a game where people would be like YOLO!!!!!, post it anyway, and then post stuff like "I like to live dangerously." I think a few people even posted it until they got banned for it with the reasoning of "I wanted to give Lowtax :10bux: anyway." A meme that had been beaten into horse paste suddenly became funny again and it was a complete accident.
https://i.imgur.com/zPJ6jdB.gifv

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
https://i.imgur.com/QikCet0.mp4

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

BillyC posted:

I was lurking the forums during that period and it was my favorite thread iteration, the coin flip and reaction gifs for pages were great

That was a time during the early 2010's when goons were super rebellious and unruly against the overly strict rules that applied then and mods were dropping like flies. Personally I didn't really have that much of a problem with Brother JoJo (I think that was his name?) even if he did like trains a whole lot. We all have our hobbies.

Eggplant Wizard was more annoying but not to the point of showing her erotic fan fiction to her real-life colleagues or whatever hosed up thing they did to her.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Eggplant Wizard liked Latin didn't they? That was fun. I liked getting told off in Latin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

Bread Liar

Phlegmish posted:

That was a time during the early 2010's when goons were super rebellious and unruly against the overly strict rules that applied then and mods were dropping like flies. Personally I didn't really have that much of a problem with Brother JoJo (I think that was his name?) even if he did like trains a whole lot. We all have our hobbies.

Eggplant Wizard was more annoying but not to the point of showing her erotic fan fiction to her real-life colleagues or whatever hosed up thing they did to her.

Was that around the time when something sensitive got started and they went on a doxxing crusade against a bunch of mods? I feel like that was a big part of the high mod turnaround at the time