Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jabor posted:

In the real world, the king abdicating didn't mean he suddenly possessed his heir and kept on ruling through a different body.
Depends on whether you're talking pre or post lizard takeover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Romero Studios to develop Vicky 3.

https://twitter.com/br/status/1113066048163504130

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

IOs port of CK2 :colbert:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Daikatana Universalis will make you his bitch.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Cynic Jester posted:

Daikatana Universalis will make you his bitch.

Game of the Year, every year.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BRENDA ROMERO'S GONNA TEACH YOU ABOUT 19TH CENTURY IMPERIALISM

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
https://www.romerogames.ie/ why is the favicon the Apple logo?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the new order for hoi4 guys are already making vicky 3

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Agean90 posted:

BRENDA ROMERO'S GONNA TEACH YOU ABOUT 19TH CENTURY IMPERIALISM

Romero’s gonna make you his vassal

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I can't leave the alliance without my buddy Superfly.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

don't fall into the meatgrinder *points to eastern front*

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I hope Paradox never makes Vicky 3 so I can see these jokes about Vicky 3 forever.

In the real world, your consciousness doesn't immediately possess a designated heir the day you die, either. Therefore, CK3 should give you one life to live and it's game over when you die.

You can make an argument for abdication not switching player control to a new character, but this would be neither more nor less realistic than the current system.
lmao

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Yeah just imagine if there weren't Vicky 3 jokes, people might have to put in effort into their posts / jokes instead of repeating the same tired line for years and years and years

it's scientifically proven that the more times you make the exact same joke, the funnier it gets :science:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Yeah just imagine if there weren't Vicky 3 jokes, people might have to put in effort into their posts / jokes instead of repeating the same tired line for years and years and years

it's scientifically proven that the more times you make the exact same joke, the funnier it gets :science:

I’ll take vicky3 jokes over posts like this

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Senor Dog posted:

I’ll take vicky3 jokes over posts like this

Then you're in the right thread!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Seems like I’m getting both though, unfortunately

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Ham Sandwiches posted:

please stop

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I hope Paradox never makes Vicky 3 so I can see these jokes about Vicky 3 forever.

lmao

There's always Vicky 4 jokes.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Is there an imperator thread yet??

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If Paradox announced Vicky 3, it would come out just in time to start bugging them about CK3.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I hope Imperator gets at least some of the rpg aspects added in over time so that I won't have to wait for CK3 for that awesome blend of rpg and grand strategy game.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Eimi posted:

I hope Imperator gets at least some of the rpg aspects added in over time so that I won't have to wait for CK3 for that awesome blend of rpg and grand strategy game.

Characters have traits and stuff so you have the comedy value of "oh look my best general has brain damage" etc. but I'm pretty sure that will be it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

RabidWeasel posted:

Characters have traits and stuff so you have the comedy value of "oh look my best general has brain damage" etc. but I'm pretty sure that will be it.

Yeah, who knows. I've kinda scaled back my expectations for the game given this thread, but I'm sure I'll end up getting it because I'm a huge classical history fan.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I dunno if there is that big of a difference with Imperator compared to Stellairs or if that many of us are just now that much more bitter, but I remember the hype for Stellaris got real. I'm glad to see some more tempered expectations, honestly.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I’m insanely hype for imperator, to counterbalance the tempered expectations. I’m fully prepared to be let down, but it’s my last week of work before I go back to school and honestly I may take a few days off to play it

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I'm expecting something super barebones but yeah aside from that I'm hyped as hell for it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I wonder how many DLCs we'll need this time for it being remotely good.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
lol it's going to be awesome, you idiots

feller
Jul 5, 2006

It’s going to be so barebones that I’ll only put a couple hundred hours into it

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
you should all adopt my enlightened position of detachment. perhaps the game will be good. perhaps it will be bad. maybe it will be in-between? who knows?? anyway buy my self-help book

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
In any case I'll wait a year or two and some DLCs and a sale to get it, as I usually do

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I'm looking forward to it purely in the context that it's not a million miles away from being EU4 without overseas colonisation and with a much more detailed map, better tech system, and slightly improved combat. All of which are very good things.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

RabidWeasel posted:

I'm looking forward to it purely in the context that it's not a million miles away from being EU4 without overseas colonisation and with a much more detailed map, better tech system, and slightly improved combat. All of which are very good things.

Yeah this is pretty much my take on it, hopefully the release version has enough stuff under the hood compared to current EU4 to be interesting for a few runs.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

Imperator is EU5.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?
I'm super tempted to pre-order the deluxe edition. I'm pretty stoked for it.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I think even if it's very similar to EU4 it might be nice to have an EU4-type paradox game where the whole system isn't weighted to give Europe a huge advantage over every other region.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Senor Dog posted:

It’s going to be so barebones that I’ll only put a couple hundred hours into it

Typical paradox

Also who here still has the Caesar bust from EU Rome Collector’s Edition on display in their house

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Stairmaster posted:

the new order for hoi4 guys are already making vicky 3

Despite finding the subject matter very questionable I can't be more excited for this mod.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Red Bones posted:

I think even if it's very similar to EU4 it might be nice to have an EU4-type paradox game where the whole system isn't weighted to give Europe a huge advantage over every other region.

Unfortunately they just did it with Italy instead but at least Greece and Mesopotamia are also densely populated as counterbalances (though Italy is still overpopulated compared to those regions).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

johan right now: okay, we need a way to automate the armies

Johan Molyneux